Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

Lancôme La Vie Est Belle

3.7

on 8/11/2012 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is flowerbombs twin. On my cardi flowerbomb on one arm and la vie on the other, neither me or my friend could tell the difference. On my skin la vie is slightly sweeter and refined. I prefer this to flowerbomb which is slightly masculine on me. Both last just as long. But just not my kind of scent too synthetic smelling and sharp. But flowerbomb lovers need to try as a potential replacement. No need to purchase this if you already own flowerbomb unless you wished flowerbomb was sweeter.

Update 22.08.12 - SA sprayed on me and lasts on my skin like a leech!! It just is too sharp for my liking and irritates me so downgraded from 3 to 2. That same effect that flowerbomb has.

on 9/12/2012 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One word......DELICIOUS!!! I love sweet smells (my absolute fav is Flowerbomb) I'm so glad I got this, it lasts a really long time (almost a whole work day) and fades nicely. It's sweet but not too sweet, like a grown up sexy sweet. It's similar to Flowerbomb because they both have notes of Patchouli, but that's the only hint of similarity, I wouldn't consider this a dupe for it in any way because they smell completely different on me, to me this one is a little sweeter, Flowerbomb is a little spicier :) I would def repurchase, but next time I'll get the bigger bottle!! Only thing I don't like is the little piece of ribbon wrapped around the neck of the bottle, I just don't get it :/ o well doesn't affect my rating, I'm just saying! :)

on 9/30/2012 11:59:00 AM

This smells great, very close to Flowerbomb. I used to wear Flowerbomb a lot and this scent is very similar, I tend to like more vanilla based purfumes, but this is still good value for money overall. :)

on 11/6/2012 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Ugh! Heavy and spicy. This gave me a headache within two minutes. Made me nauseated, and then I saw it has patchouli and I realized why. Gives me flashbacks of my evil kindergarten teacher.

on 12/14/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I sampled it, couldn't get it out of my head, and wound up purchasing. When sampling in Nordstrom & Sephora I saw the similarities to Flowerbomb others have mentioned, however, when I wear this I don't think of Flowerbomb at all. La Vie Est Belle is very cotton candy on my skin and it shares a very sweet vanilla-tonka tone with Prada Candy. La Vie Est Belle is much more beautiful though. This a "me" fragrance that I can really live in.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite new perfume. I absolutely love it!!!! I also love the lotion (almost as much) and the shower gel.

on 8/7/2013 2:12:00 PM

smells really good reminds me of flower bomb

on 8/22/2013 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I got some samples from a store and loved this so much. Sweet, feminine, long-lasting. But i smelled this on someone while i was outside and changed my mind about the perfume. I felt it was too strong, too sugary sweet and trying too hard. I could smell the girl metres away, surely that can't be good if you're hitting everyone around you with your overbearing perfume. That aside, this perfume reminds me of coco mademoiselle wannabe that doesn't really live up to the careless but enchanting glamour of coco. but it still comes off as a good perfume if you don't think of that comparison. If i were to buy it, i would grab the small bottle only as i love it enough to wear it sometimes but not faithfully for years as i have with coco mademoiselle.

on 9/1/2013 7:05:00 AM

Fruity & floral. Sweet & feminine. Yummy & LONG-LASTING. My day-to-day fragrance is Burberry Brit, but when I want to wear something a little "nicer", this is what I put on. And I don't need to use much at all because this fragrance is powerful (it's very easy to overdo it.) I have a bottle of the L'eau de Parfum, and just as an object it it gorgeous- I love the packaging. Heavy glass with a ribbon around the neck of the bottle.

But I love the scent even more, I always get tons of compliments when I wear this. Will repurchase in the future, definitely.

EDIT: Have changed the rating from 5 to a 4 because I decided that the EDP version is a bit too heavy and patchouli-ish, lacks the sparkliness of the EDT. The patchouli note is still present in the EDT version but not quite so much. Still love it though, I just prefer the EDT.

on 6/2/2014 12:29:00 PM

My mother wears this everyday. She always smells so fresh but not overwhelming. I spray a little on when I go there and it lasts all day. Just lovely!

Popular Fragrances