Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I will be honest and confess this was not love at first sniff. However, I didn't want to write LVEB off because so many people talk about the amazing longevity and sillage of this scent (I am sick of paying for scents that don't last or project). So I got a sample of this from Sephora, wore it a few different times, and now I can appreciate its creamy sweetness, the light patchouli, the beautiful florals, and the incredible lasting power! It has really grown on me and I am a fan of this warm and sweet scent. It makes my clothes smell heavenly and lasts on fabric like you wouldn't believe! Lancome knows how to do well-made fragrances. The bottle is lovely too, heavy and expensive looking.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I actually didn't buy this, and never will. How this review came to be, is an unfortunate situation. I did some looking up on the fragrance and was shocked to see the price, packaging and it's popularity. Maybe this review will help anyone who considers purchasing.

I was getting comfortable in a movie theater, eagerly anticipating the Avengers Infinity War show about to start. A beautiful (well groomed) young lady had purchased the seat next to me. She sat down and got comfortable also. Immediately I was nauseous. The smell coming off of her was so sickeningly sweet and overwhelming, that I could barely stand it. It burned my eyes and my lungs (I smoke a pack a day, that had to be some serious stuff) and my head started to hurt pretty bad. As I said, I smoke and smells usually don't bother me.

I politely leaned over and asked her, what perfume are you wearing, it's fabulous! Really, I was talking mental notes to avoid and never expose myself to this hell again. She excitedly told me, La Ve Est Belle! It's Lancome! Sexiest fragrance out right now! I love it too, doesn't take much, so go light handed!

I suffered through the movie and made it out of there as fast as I could. Online, the fragrance profile actually looked like something I would like. I've always second thought buying it though. My intuition never fails me. $98 a bottle? A clear glass bottle, half full, wearing a glittery scarf, that smells like Jessica Simpson's Fancy and Brittney Spears Curious had an ugly love child that was radio active.

It's bad. Stay away from it. Consider the people who have to smell you!

La vie est belle smells fantastic at first. The top notes are sweet and fresh. However, the "dry down" didn't work with my body chemistry. After about a half hour, it settled into a very over the top, powdery smell. Unfortunately, it was far too strong and very dated for my taste. I tried so hard to love this scent, because I read so many fabulous reviews. My husband usually loves all my perfumes. However, this is the first one he didn't care for. The one positive thing I will say...is that the bottle with the little bow, sure is pretty!

on 3/28/2018 12:22:00 AM

Everyone's chemistry is different, but for me this scent is intoxicating. I do enjoy and own unique scents such as Mugler Aura, and understand that the notes are not unique, but the lasting power and the non overpowering nature of the Tonka bean lingering for over a day makes this scent perfect for those who dislike smelling flowery or perfume(y).

The bottle is amazing: heavy, elegantly curved, with an adorable tulle "neck tie" around the sprayer. Unfortunately, the juice is annoyingly boring and common. Like, I actually felt angry when I sprayed it on for the first time and realized it was a huge disappointment.

This was after reading Lancome's hype about how special this thing is, how many perfumers worked on it, etc. It has a lot of the Coco Mademoiselle (2001) bone structure, which itself borrowed from the Thierry Mugler Angel (1992) bone structure, with some more caramel in the base and some tart fruits up front. It may be the 10,000th sanitized spawn of Angel/Coco Mad I've smelled.... somewhere along the way I lost count.

In other words, if you didn't know it was an expensive highly hyped Lancome launch, you would assume it was another bland, nondescript fruity floral. I mean sure, it smells good. But not special at all. I wore it for about 2 days before admitting that I was bored and underwhelmed. Back to the classics for me.

on 2/13/2018 3:01:00 PM

I think this is a very polarizing edp because of its popularity. In my opinion it is really good, a bright, intense, warm, flowery and of course sweet fragrance. I waited till 2018 to buy it because in the run someone close to me had it and I was letting that person had her "la vie est belle" moment; but now its my turn...no apologies. Love LVEB!!

on 1/31/2018 8:42:00 AM

My new favorite perfume! It grows on you for sure. Love the bright, youthful, floral fragrance!

on 1/31/2018 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I have a friend of mine that uses this. It's not as tooth achingly sweet as Pink sugar or my nemesis Flowerbomb but it's close. This smells syrupy, thick and sugary. There are some flowers that lanage to burst through the dense thick sweet sugar. However to my nose this smells like a thick syrup. I don't like really sweet perfumes & this one isn't for me but it smells nice when sprayed with a light hand.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I like this but after it dries down it smells like old wine and cigarettes on me. I can only describe the fragrance as heavy and sweet.

on 1/20/2018 3:13:00 AM

I’m shocked that a petition hasn’t been started yet to try to get this chemical filled bottle of “scent” off the market.

Contrary to a couple other reviews, I’m not sensitive to patchouli(in fact, patchouli essential oils are all over my house and car), and this perfume ABSOLUTELY makes me sick. And not in the figurative sense...in the literal sense.
It’s not just the scent. It’s also the other additives Lancôme is using. There is something in the perfume that gets into your lungs and throat and makes it very hard to breathe, all the while giving you a MASSIVE headache.
I did not have a terrible scent sensitivity issue until this perfume came into existence. And now most perfumes and colognes bother me to a degree...but nothing is as bad as this one.
Please do not buy this perfume. I’m not the only one who cannot tolerate it. And you absolutely cannot use it lightly. It’s too strong. Period.
And remember, 100% of what you put on your skin, goes into your bloodstream. If just the vapor alone can cause the reaction in me that it does, then what’s it doing to you internally?

Popular Fragrances