Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.7

Thanks a LOT, Lancome, for making this monstrosity that causes grown women to emit a 6-foot cloud of nauseating caramel mousse. I don't know why this fragrance is so popular now; did we not have enough of Pink Sugar and Fantasy in the early '00s? Did we not exhaust that simplistic concept a million ways already?

Somehow everyone I know is all about LVEB, whether they're 25 or 85. It must be marketing. The actual fragrance is saccharine, annoying, and insulting to the intelligence. On the other hand, I'll give it this: it's STRONG and it LINGERS.

So, I have a deal. If you love LVEB, wear it. But don't even *try* that "old lady perfume, Ewww!" gambit about other people's perfumes. LVEB is every bit as potent and irritating to my sinuses as my vintage scents may be to yours.

on 4/13/2017 6:59:00 PM

I usually stick to reviews for make-up/haircare/skin care products, but this perfume deserves some praise. I'm normally a body spray/smelly lotion type of girl, and not one to wear a really strong scent...This smells amazing, it's sweet and has a vanilla tone, and reminds me of cotton candy..I received a sample, and immediately purchased a full size bottle, that's how much I love it.

This perfume blew me away. Really. I'm completely in love with it. I can't get enough of it. It gets a lot of hate online but I think that's just because it's so popular. Some people just like to be different. Personally I don't care if it's popular, sure isn't it lovely to smell a beautiful perfume on someone else. It's lovely for any age group. I don't believe in a perfume being too old or too young for you(utter nonsense) Also wear it in any season you like, it's a stunning classy scent for any time of year and any occasion. ❤

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a couple sample vials of this & loved it but I knew I could never afford USD$125 for 3.4oz of juice so i went to my old faithful (eBay) & got a knockoff oil 1/3oz for $7 it smells just like LBEV. I'm hoarding my samples lol whenever my dad goes it Macy's it's like being home more samples! I'll buy a rollerball when I get paid someday this is in the family of flowerbomb (which I have in oil & a rollerball) & GA Si (I got Si Intense oil on order & received a Si rolllerball for my bday (also got mj decadence & Tresor Nuit oils on order. Oils are a good way to add to your collex b4 u buy the real juice. So I'll treasure my samples til I get a chance to buy this so glad I tried it coz I love this is very age appropriate I love it's sweetness I can't imagine anyone would find this offensive but it will garner attention from the male crowd esp a sophisticate gentleman whch is what i want man to drink his drinks neat & not some fboy who has condoms in his car's ashtray (guys are so thoughtful [sarcastic] huh my first bf's brother did that). This perfume smells mature & not matronly nor grandmotherly far from musty nor old. It's very sweet in composition but not candy sickening sweet like aquolina or VS fare. I love this perfume!!!

on 3/30/2017 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my all time favorites.
The perfume lasts for more than 12 hrs, it smells like a sweet thing (cotton-candy-like) and the smell is pretty obvious.
This is not a discreet perfume, it is the kind of smell one senses when passes near the person who wears it, it is the turning heads perfume.
I love it and I bought it more than once.
I recommend it to women who love persistent essences.

on 3/23/2017 1:53:00 PM

It is easy to see why LVEB is the best selling fragrance in Paris... It's uber feminine and a total man magnet! Seriously, if I had a dollar for every time a man made a huge fuss over how amazing I smell when wearing this I could buy another bottle. lol

If you don't like sweet-gourmand types, don't even bother. You'll hate this. But if that's your preference I can almost guarantee you'll love this. It's the queen of gourmands! Great longevity, silage, well made, heavy glass bottle. Beautiful glittering box. I like that they accommodate the blind with braille on the box also. I did give less lippies for price just because I am tired of all designers charging these obscene amounts for perfumes. I think my 3.4 was 125$. That's average though nowadays but still crazy! I just found out Perfumania sells them for 88$ so I'll go that route next time. But price is my only complaint.

This is my husbands absolute favorite. He always tells me "You shouldn't even bother with any other perfume, babe. That one is the one!" lol

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Beautiful, feminine and long lasting

on 3/1/2017 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have repurchased this because I loved it so much, but won't do again because Lancome is unfortunately not cruelty free. I love the scent, and disagree with the reviewers that say that this smells cheap or too sweet or not complex enough. To me, this smells sophisticated, feminine, sweet and sexy, and yes, it is pleasantly long lasting. It is in the Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb family for a reference. The packaging is a little too bulky for my taste, and I always take off the silver bow because frankly I think it looks ridiculous. I do like it's peachy colour. But then again, why even discuss about taste?

Pro:
- amazing smell
- long lasting

Con:
- not cruelty free
- bulky bottle

on 2/24/2017 5:00:00 PM

This was a blind buy because of the hype, but what a mistake that was. This is how a perfume shop smells like. Sooo overpowering and instant headache. It is really strong, powdery and sweet. One spray is more than enough. It has great lasting power, but it's not my cup of tea. The package is great but it is expensive. I gave it away to a friend.

LOVE! this perfume smells amazing and lasts all night long its such a sweet beautiful flowery scent its a little pricey but defintely worth the money!

Popular Fragrances