Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Filtered by age: 44-55
Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.6

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I like this but after it dries down it smells like old wine and cigarettes on me. I can only describe the fragrance as heavy and sweet.

on 1/20/2018 3:13:00 AM

I’m shocked that a petition hasn’t been started yet to try to get this chemical filled bottle of “scent” off the market.

Contrary to a couple other reviews, I’m not sensitive to patchouli(in fact, patchouli essential oils are all over my house and car), and this perfume ABSOLUTELY makes me sick. And not in the figurative sense...in the literal sense.
It’s not just the scent. It’s also the other additives Lancôme is using. There is something in the perfume that gets into your lungs and throat and makes it very hard to breathe, all the while giving you a MASSIVE headache.
I did not have a terrible scent sensitivity issue until this perfume came into existence. And now most perfumes and colognes bother me to a degree...but nothing is as bad as this one.
Please do not buy this perfume. I’m not the only one who cannot tolerate it. And you absolutely cannot use it lightly. It’s too strong. Period.
And remember, 100% of what you put on your skin, goes into your bloodstream. If just the vapor alone can cause the reaction in me that it does, then what’s it doing to you internally?

LVEB is to the 2010s what Coco Mademoiselle was to the 2000s and what Angel was to the 1990s: a high-quality, impeccably crafted sweetchouli that you smell everywhere, that is the ambient noise behind every high-end cosmetics counter... but that you grudgingly admit to be very nice. It's more wearable for me than either Coco Mad or Angel-- which is likely because it sat in focus groups for a long time getting cleansed of any hint of filth or controversy.

I wear and enjoy LVEB without expecting it to be other than what it is. If you poured into a cauldron Pink Sugar, Euphoria, Fantasy, Flowerbomb, Prada Candy, and every iteration of Marc Jacobs and Juicy Couture over the past 10 years, and added a touch of the required Lancome maturity so that the scent could be convingly worn by those >35, you'd have LVEB. It is sweet but not silly, grounded quite well by the iris and patchouli, and it projects for hours and miles so you get your money's worth. It just plain smells good. Great, even. My family far prefers smelling this on me than some of my beloved vintage stinkers (which makes me sad because they don't share my elevated tastes).The praline and blackcurrant are delicious, the patchouli is just-enough, the florals make this clean instead of sticky. It's full-bottle worthy to me, if only because I subjectively prefer it to the many other scents in this category that smell quite similar to it. Sometimes you just want to smell non-controversially "nice" and this one fills that bill.

on 4/13/2017 6:59:00 PM

I usually stick to reviews for make-up/haircare/skin care products, but this perfume deserves some praise. I'm normally a body spray/smelly lotion type of girl, and not one to wear a really strong scent...This smells amazing, it's sweet and has a vanilla tone, and reminds me of cotton candy..I received a sample, and immediately purchased a full size bottle, that's how much I love it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Beautiful, feminine and long lasting

on 12/14/2016 10:07:00 AM

Oh well it's a bummer, I ordered this perfume thinking it was gunna be magical but it turns out a total letdown, after reading all the reviews about it, how some ladies said it has longevity and staying power, it's also supposed to have patchouli? No I don't get that either.. it smells like a strange mixture of candy and something else, maybe vanilla? And not to mention the casing around the sprayer broke and came off only after 2 days, very cheaply made, Oh and about an hour after I put it on poof it disappears! That's the only magic thing about it! I knew I should've got Poeme which I adore, sorry Lancôme you really bombed on this one, next time I'll go with my instinct and get Poeme... 🙄

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is very average, all-around, for me.

Scent-wise, I find this to be feminine without being 'too girly,' which I appreciate. Soft, not overpowering. All in all a pretty 'safe' fragrance, meaning, this is more of a crowd-pleasing scent. Safe for year-round and good for day or night. Safe for church or a night on the town, so it is very versatile in that regard.

I think this would be fine for school or the office; it does not seem too strong. But of course as with any fragrance, subject to personal opinion and individuals. This does last all day on me and beyond, so kudos for that, and I really pick up the sweetness of this on the dry-down for me.

The bottle, it is pretty I guess, but really..?---A simple little silver/grey ribbon tied to the top..? Okay. I am one to appreciate simple and I love classic and clean lines and all, but I just think they kind of dropped the ball with this on the bottle design. The bottle design is pretty but..kind of plain, and I just think this fragrance deserves a prettier bottle. JMO. It is a pretty bottle, feminine ribbon, but I just think the design of this is very plain. IDK. I like plain but this to me, the design of the bottle is way understated..I guess..?

Anyway, to me this is a lovely soft floral with a sweetness in the background. I've read the notes "sweet, vanilla, fruity, powdery, patchouli" and to me, this is a lovely soft floral with a hint of sweetness. A grownup woman's scent, not grandma scent, but a mature woman.

I get no fruity note nor do I pick up any patchouli and really no vanilla ime. I get no powdery note either. Strange. All in all, for me, this is a very average floral/sweet fragrance, good lasting power, but all in all everything about this is pretty average for me, nothing about this stands out or makes me feel like this is anything unique or special. A decent fragrance, but in a sea of perfumes, this kind of gets lost in the shuffle for me as just an average sweet/floral fragrance. Nothing extraordinary, but still quite nice. A 'safe' perfume, if you will, for crowds (provided noone has allergies or asthma, etc.) or school or the office. I think this is a good year-round fragrance, good for day or night, so it is pretty versatile, if very 'average' in my opinion. But for me, I do not want to smell like an average girl at the mall. This is nice, just nothing 'special'.

on 5/5/2016 7:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this scent and tested it when it first came out, i now use a roll on of this, cheaper and its pretty good
i like the scent, but it doesnt WOW me

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a strong, warm fragrance with a cheap, Avon type of chemically scent. This is supposed to be a blend of iris and patchouli with a sweet gourmand base note. I adore the scent of real essential oil of patchouli and that scent is not in this fragrance. I find this to be a heavy, cloying fragrance experience. My DH also does not like this.

on 9/10/2015 7:44:00 PM

Nice scent, really gets compliments, but it is too sweet and nothing so special to hold my interest for the next couple of decades. I can wear it to work, hence you know it is pleasant but boring. I wonder where this will be in 10 years -will it be a classic? I doubt it, and I would not repurchase.
Think of how difficult it is to create a unique perfume nowadays!

Popular Fragrances