Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Patchouli choking in artificial pears and baby powder, its everything I don't like in perfume. To me this smells overpowering, cheap, boring, anti-sexual, anti-social, and utterly tasteless. Like someone weak and frail who has lost their sense of taste and smell well before their time, its the old maid's version of Angel.

I find it funny how people talk this up over cheaper, prettier fragrances. Maybe its because I don't find Julia Roberts appealing the magic doesn't happen for me? Anyway, it may be super popular but secretly alot of people really hate this.

Top notes - black currant, pear
Heart notes - iris, jasmine, orange blossom
Base notes - patchouli, vanilla, tonka bean, praline

on 12/17/2017 11:24:00 PM

This purfume is horrible. The smell would turn really bad after an hour or so. Returned bottle.

on 11/13/2017 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff so much. Have been looking for a new (for me) perfume to replace my coco mademoiselle because I was just looking for a change. Took years and now I'm set. Wears all day and is good for day or night.

on 7/24/2017 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Light & elegant? More like: Strong & Sweet sweet Candy Bubblegum Playschool, like scented eraser or dough etc Cheep celeb fragrance Disney Sweet drinks and I'm not talking about sweet wine, I'm going with undiluted & extremely sweet & cheap cordial drink It's strong too :/ Best for 16 & belows and 70 & aboves is a better description. This isn't light and

This perfume blew me away. Really. I'm completely in love with it. I can't get enough of it. It gets a lot of hate online but I think that's just because it's so popular. Some people just like to be different. Personally I don't care if it's popular, sure isn't it lovely to smell a beautiful perfume on someone else. It's lovely for any age group. I don't believe in a perfume being too old or too young for you(utter nonsense) Also wear it in any season you like, it's a stunning classy scent for any time of year and any occasion. ❤

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

ETA 3/31/18: I fell -hard- for this perfume. It smells so sweet. It reminds me of mon Guerlain which i also own I bought myself the LVEB 3.4oz edp & another rollerball for my birthday! It’s -def- FBW & when I hold my puppy she smells like LVEB bcoz she nestles into my neck to sleep. Fakes suck. I’m done buying fakes fr they suck I’ll save my pennies for rollerballs. This is in my top 5. It smells amazing. It’s a safe blind buy also. This is so sweet & full of joy they really did bottle “the scent of life being good.” I have a new puppy, a new $$$$ bed, $$$$ worth of bday gifts I got myself (got the bill) no regrets. Did a board search for my name, it’s quite enlightening. #winning Edit 1/3/18: I got this in rollerball I purchased a rolllerball for its convenience/price pointe from Ulta. This is wonderful & sweet. I find this to be a mature scent like over 35+ is marketed to also. This isn’t FBW but I’d buy the rollerball again. —- Original review: I got a couple sample vials of this & loved it but I knew I could never afford USD$125 for 3.4oz of juice so i went to my old faithful (eBay) & got a knockoff oil 1/3oz for $7 it smells just like LVEB, I'm hoarding my samples lol whenever my dad goes it Macy's it's like being home more samples! I'll buy a rollerball when I get paid someday this is in the family of flowerbomb (which I have in oil & a rollerball) & GA Si (I got Si Intense oil on order & received a Si rolllerball for my bday (also got mj decadence & Tresor Nuit oils on order. Oils are a good way to add to your collex b4 u buy the real juice. So I'll treasure my samples til I get a chance to buy this so glad I tried it coz I love this is very age appropriate I love it's sweetness I can't imagine anyone would find this offensive but it will garner attention from the male crowd esp a sophisticate gentleman whch is what i want man to drink his drinks neat & not some fboy who has condoms in his car's ashtray (guys are so thoughtful [sarcastic] huh my first bf's brother did that). This perfume smells mature & not matronly nor grandmotherly far from musty nor old. It's very sweet in composition but not candy sickening sweet like aquolina or VS fare. I love this perfume!!!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have well over two hundred fragrances in my collection and have used up or given away or sold off probably twice as many as that over the years. They range from the corniest celebrity frags to Jicky and Bond No.9's. I am NOT in the 'you should only wear perfume that is appropriate for your age' camp.
What does that mean??? It's scent, not short shorts. Do you tell children they have to stick to sugary food and leave the asparagus for when they're older? Do you take ice cream away from old ladies because 'everyone' knows that stuff's for kids? My God.
Now, I DO get that there might be times and places where a fragrance might not be welcome...hospitals, close offices, etc. I try not to wear any if I know I'm gonna see my mom 'cause she gets migraines. And so on. But being too old to wear a gourmand? No.
This scent is sweet, and on me it is mostly all sweet; the jasmine and iris never really show themselves...the closest to not-sweet is that I get a little patch-tobacco (tobacco in a good way).
It is not a bold, groundbreaking scent; it's office appropriate. Nothing wrong with that.
What I use this for is to layer with Shalimar when I want to wear Shalimar in places similar to what I described above. Shalimar is 'too much' sometimes for noses used to Marc Jacobs Daisy or Pink Sugar 24/7. (I have both those too, I'm just saying).
One spray of La Vie est Belle over one spray of Shalimar and people are stalking me through Ulta/Barnes & Noble/Nordstroms to finally ask what I have on when they can't figure it out. They actually complement each other wonderfully.
For this reason I would buy it again, because I love Shalimar and love people to start entertaining the idea that they could wear it. ( they'll graduate to loving it on its own if they give it that first chance). Try it.
If you like Jimmy Choo/Coco Mademoiselle/Flowerbomb you'd like this. If you DONT like those because they're a hair too sweet but you do like sweet, try this. It's very nice.

on 12/29/2014 12:13:00 AM

This scent is sexy & feminine. It doesn't last all day for me. It generally wears off after about 4-6 hours. This is a heavier scented perfume however I like that for fall & winter.

on 11/30/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this perfume and I am a perfume freak. It is the only sent the people follow me around in stores and ask what I am wearing.

on 8/7/2014 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Way too strong and mature. The body lotion is better. But this one is not wearable tome. It is moderately expensive but the bottle is a masterpiece. I think the only way to describe this perfume is NOT LIGHT. It is pretty but it needs to be diluted down. It is nothing special. I find it rather generic. Having said that I would not turn down a free bottle and I have turned down many free bottles.

Popular Fragrances