Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Filtered by age: 25-29
Lancome La Vie Est Belle

3.9

LOVE! this perfume smells amazing and lasts all night long its such a sweet beautiful flowery scent its a little pricey but defintely worth the money!

on 12/29/2016 10:43:00 AM

Surprisingly terrible on, especially with two sprays. Instant headache. All I get is synthetic-smelling flower somethingorother with an undertone of hot metal, which takes ages to go away. (Silage and lasting power are good.) This really, really doesn't suit my chemistry so I will stick with my Jo Malone (earl grey and cucumber), Burberry (London), and Hermes (Jardin series).

As a fan of "sweet" scents, I'm surprised how much I dislike this one. I think my taste for perfumes changed- I think I'd love it back when I was 18, but now it's too sweet. Now I prefer something more striking, musky, woody. "La Vie Est Belle" is just flat, a Barbie doll fragrance- from luxury scents I expect something more complicated, complex. The only thing I like about it- it's long lasting.

I only have a sample of this at the moment but I think I'm having a bit of a love affair with it. If you hate sweet smells this defiantly is not for you. I find it very unusual and ultra feminine. Very tempted to purchase the full size even though I'm very fickle with Perfume. Fragrance is best tested by the individual as it's such a personal thing X

on 3/25/2016 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

My very first bottle is almost empty, but it has been with me for about 10 months and I still have some to go. Very powerful and elegant fragrance that has made some fall head over hills for me. and Yes Life is beautiful every day but especially when I'm wearing this perfume. No one knew it was a woman fragrance until I told them. But everyone men and women have complimented me on it. I will make sure I always have a bottle of it with me

on 2/28/2016 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful, fresh, sweet, floral gourmand fragrance. It reminds me of a Chanel type fragrance like coco mademoiselle, its the patchouli note that makes it similar. Everything is else is not the same with those two, because this is very sweet smelling almost sugary. If you detest sweet smells, this isn't for you, it is borderline to overly sweet if you spray too much but it is very nice and light, floral and feminine smelling. Very gourmand, I like it. I have a huge bottle that was gifted to me for xmas from the boyfriend. I highly doubt I will finish it up this year or even years to come. I only need one spray to really get the effect, and I like to wear this if I am going to make an entrance or I'm going out. I don't wear this during the day because it's too sweet for me ( I can't wear sweet smells in the morning, weird I know) but it's lovely for an evening out with the boyfriend or a girls night or something.

I got a perfume sample of 10 perfumes from Shoppers Drug Mart and this was my favourite. I turned in the coupon for the full size.

I actually had 3 favourites, including YSL Black Opium and Hugo Woman but this one narrowly beat them because it's moving into spring and Black Opium is a cozier scent for fall/winter and Hugo Woman is too androgynous for date nights. La vie est belle is more all purpose. Not too sexy to wear to the office, but not too cool or masculine to wear on a date.

I really, really love this scent. I could not stop wearing it. It's sweet, floral, feminine and warm. It's quite comforting and cozy but still fresh enough to wear for spring.

Wears really nicely on my skin as well, which is a bonus since some perfumes can get quite sour on me. (Fruity perfumes, I'm looking at you!)

Also comes in an adorable package with a lovely pink-peach colour and a little bow.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Though not light or sheer at all, this does strike me as a sheerer, more transparent cousin to Chanel Chance, which is just too strong and overpowering for me, and not to mention slightly adehelidic and powdery on the finish, which THIS is not, but I really do like this. It has the tones of orange blossom and iris of Chance, although in this more iris and less orange blossom, which is, again, a plus for me, and a lovely sugary but not sickly or immature sweet version of patchouli. This won't be a be all, end all favorite, but one I like well enough and appreciate well enough to wear as a change-up on occasion for something new from my more tried and true fragrance love Burberry the Beat and the more niche fragrances I adore from houses such as Jo Malone and Diptyque. Always worth a sample or a spray to test. I myself got a free sample from a Sephora order. I don't know if I would purchase it, but I will use the sample and maybe at a later time or if more free iterations of this fragrance ever come my way again, I will use and love for a new tryst. Yes, it is popular and loved by many and I can see the mass appeal, which is part of the reason why it likely won't be too much of a signature for me (not because it is popular necessarily but just because it smells just slightly too generic to be a signature for me) but for the fragrance itself, it is very nice and should be tried and can be widely appreciated and enjoyed by those who truly love and gravitate to it. I am just the biggest of big or even semi- big fans, though I am a fan. Also, if you find Flowerbomb TOO sugary or immature. This is a close but much more elevated and slightly more mature and more full-bodied, "well-endowed" version of a fragrance in a similar category without them smelling EXACTLY the same. Hope this helps and makes sense. Fragrance tangent for the win! :)

on 3/13/2015 4:37:00 AM

5star for everything! Smell, Lasting level, Design of bottle, Relevancy of smell with bottle and name, and lovely option that blinds can read its name too with Brail script on its box ^_^ Despite other opinions I believe its LIKE NO OTHER!

I have been a fan of sweet fragrances in general but just recently I kind of felt it is way too much of sweet fragrances I have and not other kinds since I always hated strong bitter or solely floral scents.
ei. I got DIESEL LOVERDOSE which is sth I wear not more than once every 3 months due to its excess sweetness.
But this one, the feeling I had about its smell from the moment I apply it to several hours later that I still feel its scent all around me, It's interesting, and because it kind of changes over these stages, I think it has the same impression as YSL BELLE D'OPIUM on me. So I like the smell transition and also the way it lasts for long time totally worth it for the price.

so this could be a "complete" thing for anyone who is a fan of sweet fragrance, without any excess dominant scent (sweet/sour/strong/...) cause it's got the sweetness, spiciness, freshness, and strongness alltogether and makes a balance in between these.

on 12/20/2014 4:05:00 AM

This has got to be the worst perfume ever. Sprayed it on a paper strip and some got on my fingers I couldn't get the smell off and I washed my hands 3 times. It's so strong. Gave my husband a instant headache. No way would I purchase this. Just awful!

Popular Fragrances