Lancome La Vie Est Belle

Lancome La Vie Est Belle

4.1

Love it ! Nice for young ladies

on 2/24/2017 5:00:00 PM

This was a blind buy because of the hype, but what a mistake that was. This is how a perfume shop smells like. Sooo overpowering and instant headache. It is really strong, powdery and sweet. One spray is more than enough. It has great lasting power, but it's not my cup of tea. The package is great but it is expensive. I gave it away to a friend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this parfum. Blackcurrent, vanilla, patchouli base notes seem to be in all my favourite parfums but this is by far the most expensive. It does have a good lasting power through out the day on my skin but Si by Giorgio Armani lasts longer. I would repurchase this when I run out. I do use it on a daily basis. Love this scent.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this perfume. I have EDP and is lasts forever. I shower, wash my hair and I'm still smelling this on my skin. I should note that in general my pH is really weird and most of the scents don't last me, even the stronger ones. Yes, this is a strong, sweet, evening scent that I find most appealing in the colder months. In the summer I can't enjoy it as much as I'd love, so I switch to a ligher one.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Somehow, I've managed to collect 4 sample sprayers of this fragrance. Send help.

I'm kidding. This isn't terrible by any means; in fact, I'd dare say it's mostly pleasant. However, it suffers from a major identity crisis that makes it something I'd never want to wear on the daily.

La Vie Est Belle starts off with the unmistakable scent of blackcurrant, alongside an annoyingly sweet... something? Not sure what it is, but it actually did give me a fleeting headache. Anyway, as it dries down, it turns more floral, with iris in particular, but for some odd reason this phase smells like blueberry muffins to me. Peculiar, but enjoyable. As time passes by, the gourmand part of the perfume starts to shine. Lots of vanilla and nutty praline, kept in check from becoming a diabetes bomb by the prominent patchouli note. The base notes linger on FOREVER. Not to mention the sillage is powerful, but with the headache I get from the initial whiff of this perfume, every time I wear this in public I get a bit self-conscious, no matter how sparingly I spritz this on.

From the description, La Vie Est Belle sounds appealing enough, but it's also the kind of scent that doesn't know what it wants to be. It's a chimera of floral, fruity, and gourmand, all blurring into a nondescript sweet cloud if you don't focus hard on picking out the individual notes. I wouldn't describe it as cheap, but it has that typical "department store perfume section" thing going on (cue that scene in Spongebob, lol).

on 11/6/2016 4:49:00 PM

This is the first perfume I was so complimented on but after wearing it for a while (I was given some samples with an other buy) I found its sweatness sickening. I don' t get much iris either, just sweet vanilla and some florals I can' t identify by name -but not iris. It‘ s definitely there, still what we smell or don‘ t smell heavily depends on our skin quemistry after all...
I gave it a 3 merely for the compliments I got and for its staying power, especially on clothes. La Vie Est Belle is a crowd pleaser, it is a happy perfume, but it is not for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Wow really surprised this perfume doesn't have higher reviews! I never owned a "high end" perfume before this one (mostly just used Bath & Body Works sprays), in part because of how pricey they are, and also because I could never find a scent that really knocked me out.

Last year, my mom took me shopping for Christmas presents, and decided that she wanted to get me a fancy perfume, because her mother bought her her first perfume at my age. I was pretty skeptical, especially when the first five perfumes I tested were disgusting and made me nauseous.

After many failed attempts at trying the more popular brands (blown away that Channel No. 5 is so popular, it smells like public bathroom hand soap in my opinion). I told the sales associate that I was looking for something, "light and feminine, without being too flowery or fruity." She directed me to two perfumes that she thought best matched my description; one was okay, much too sharp of a scent, but the other one--Lancome La Vie Est Belle--was something out of a dream! Exactly what I had been looking for all these years!

I bought it immediately, and despite the price (which is expected when you're getting a quality perfume, one bottle has lasted me ages anyway) I am insanely happy with my purchase! I also think the packaging and supple, rosy color of the perfume is just lovely. It is a very potent perfume, so one generous spritz on the wrists, followed by a quick rub on either side of your neck is the perfect amount. Long lasting, without being overbearing. I always get compliments about how good I smell! Never going back to body sprays again.

on 2/8/2016 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Feminine, floral, sensual, lovely. This has become my signature scent, and I get complimented about it practically on a weekly basis. It's a strong scent, but not heavy, which makes it a good day-wear perfume.

on 12/29/2015 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I'm convinced this is the smell you smell when first walk into any perfume place. For some of you this may not be appealing but I love it. It's a very strong, warm scent. I love the pink color of it. I got the rollerball of it for $25 at ULTA. Good price and since the smell is so long lasting I should have it for a while. Love it!

on 5/13/2015 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My favorite daytime perfume ever! This smell is so addictive and it lasts me all day. It's a really heavy scent so if you're not into that this may not be for you. But I'm obsessed and I get compliments on it every time I wear it. This perfume makes me feel classy, beautiful and sensual, so this really boosts my confidence, LOVE IT!

Popular Fragrances