Tarte Clean Slate Flawless 12-Hr Brightening Primer

Tarte Clean Slate Flawless 12-Hr Brightening Primer

2.9

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicaprylyl Ether, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Benzyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisopentadiene, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Silica, Mica, Tin Oxide, Lecithin, Dehydroacetic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Arbutin, Glutathione, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Alcohol, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Limonene, Linalool, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 5/28/2016 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Warm

well i got this primer by mistake cause i wanted the mattifying one. but since i got i just said okay lets try this maybe i'll love it... but but but i was soooo desappointed. when applied 1st it has a bit of brith - shine but then when you put the foundation one pouffff the brithening thingy is gone, lol. and the price $40 cad was just a waste of money snifffff. and i didn't even see the flawless thingy. i want my money backkkkk, snifff.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm really disappointed in this product :( I got this on sale thankfully, because it's not worth full price that's for sure! This primer did not work with my skin as neither a primer or a brightener. It goes on light and smooth like a moisturizer and smells slightly fresh and citrusy. But it doesn't do anything else for me. This sincerely makes my makeup look worse at the end of the day. It gets really oily and just slides off. When I don't wear it or use another primer my makeup at least doesn't grease off. I have combination skin that is mostly dry and this somehow makes me have oily skin! I just bought a new primer and don't think I'll be finishing this one ever. Maybe I'll try it for prepping the skin before primer or something.

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/15/2014 1:30:00 PM

This primer is easy to apply its smooth and gives the face a glow thats about it. It doesn't make foundation last longer or blur pores plus does not control oil. Its not good for oily or combination/dry skin the t-zone will look oilier and dry underneath. It clog pores. When you apply foundation over it the glow is gone. As the day goes on where you applied the primer will start to look oily and dry/cakey. After you remove your makeup the the area you applied it will become flakey and pores clogged.

I tried a sample of this and I have to say that I was so impressed, when I ran out I bought the full size. I have very dry skin with dry patches, some texture problems around my chin, fine lines near my eyes and smile lines. This smoothed everything out. It feels like a moisturizer when you put it on, so I didn't think it was going to do that much. I am glad to be proven wrong. I will purchase this often for as long as it is made.

UPDATE: Over the last couple of days I have been breaking out. I can't tell if it is this or another moisturizer I was using. I'm going to cut both out and gradually add this back in and see if it happens again. I'm not changing my review until I find out for sure.

2ND UPDATE: Yep, this is the main culprit (the second was a face wash...Andalou Naturals Rose Foaming wash). It's too bad because it looked quite nice on. The citrus and the aloe was drying out and irritating my skin. I found some skincare recently (Shiseido Benefiance line, Josie Maran Argan Milk and Fresh Black Tea Mask) that have helped my skin to look SOOOO much better. So, maybe I can start going without primer or much makeup soon.

on 2/22/2014 11:54:00 PM

Not for oily skinned girls or if your skin isn't already smooth. This should just read "brightening" and not "primer". It doesn't do much except add that extra glow under makeup. For my oily skin, that just means extra shine without a smooth base.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This is my first full sized primer purchase. I had a mini smash box primer from a gift set, I liked it but I wanted to try some others. I was drawn to this because it is silicone free and find that while the texture a silicone based primer gives is awesome, it makes my face look oily and I do notice extra shine. In addition silicone primers feel very heavy on my skin.

I am very impressed by this primer. It smells very faintly of grapefruit so if scents bother you do not purchase. Aside from that I do feel like this has improved the texture of my skin, my makeup stays put and it gives a lovely sheen that allows me to achieve a dewey look without the over bearing shine.

Overall I'm very impressed.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

I got this as a sample from Sephora with the Poreless primer. While I fell in love with the other, I can't really say the same for this one. It's just...average. It does give a kind of shimmery, healthy glow, but it doesn't really do much in the way of actual priming. I feel like you (and I, for that matter) could do better with another brand.

on 7/28/2013 8:13:00 PM

I was lucky to get a sample of this from a fellow swapper. I loved it so much I purchased a full size tube.

"A waterproof, 12-hour primer helps makeup stay in place longer while brightening skin for a healthy, glowing complexion. Tarte website" It smells great with all the refreshing ingredients of water, vitamin c, a & e, and aloe leaf extracts. The texture is a smooth moisturizing lotion than a silicone primer. It last all day and I don't feel oily or dry. I paired it with my amazonian clay full coverage airbrush foundation powder and it feels so natural like I'm not wearing any make-up. I got so many compliments! Thanks for reading!

on 7/20/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in a mini set.. And was disappointed! You can probably get a drugstore primer that's a lot better than this!

on 7/11/2013 5:40:00 PM

This made absolutely no difference in my makeup except it went on a little smoother. I do not recommend it.