Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauryl Glucoside, Potassium Accylates Copolymer, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance

on 7/25/2017 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I cant comprehend why a cleanser formulated for sensitive skin would have so much fragrance added. The smell, to me, was AWFUL....like i was rubbing perfume in my face.
On a positive note, it felt gentle, didnt cause instant irritation and removed makeup...the frag/smell was such a bummer
Shame on Neutrogena!

on 5/1/2017 5:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This product floats the makeup off at night and cleans gently. I use a nubby washcloth to take everything off. It rinses easily. Skin care purists may not like the fragrance but I rather do. I use Vitamin C and retinol products so a gentle cleanser is the only way. You don't need a lot to float across your wet skin to dissolve the day from your face.

on 4/19/2017 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This has been my go-to cleanser for years. I have very sensitive acne-prone skin with mild rosacea. My skin is on the dryer side now, usually (hooray for aging and hormonal shifts... *eye rolls*), and was previously often dehydrated/dry from my topical acne medications. This cleanser has never aggravated my skin conditions.

I previously used the very bland and gentle Acne.org cleanser and tried this one when I ran out of the Acne.org one and couldn't reorder in time. I ended up liking this one enough to switch.

I have used this while on a benzoyl peroxide treatment regimen as well as while using retinoids, AHA treatments, and combinations of these. It has been gentle enough not to cause issues for my already sensitive and easily dehydrated skin even when using these treatments that can also cause more sensitivity.

When I wear makeup, I prefer to do a 2 step cleansing method so I do not rely on this wash to remove 100% of makeup on its own. I remove the bulk of it with a wipe and/or oil cleanser before washing with this to remove anything left behind. It is gentle enough for me to use around my eyes as well.
I have successfully used it to remove light makeup on occasion though. I just prefer to use a separate makeup remover.

The main thing I would change about this facewash would be the pump. I would much prefer a shorter, locking pump. this one tends to get gunky and is a pain in the rear to travel with. I would also prefer it be 100% fragrance free but I still haven't had issues with the fragrance that is used in it.

That's pretty much it. This is a solid day to day mild cleanser what cleans well without stripping. I will continue to purchase it.

on 1/29/2017 12:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my in-shower face wash. I wouldn't use it on its own to remove my makeup, especially my eye makeup ( I wear waterproof), but it gets the job done, doesn't irritate my skin (which is really not sensitive, except to sulphates), and ten bucks for twelve ounces is reasonable.

It's a pretty basic cleanser, really, so there's not much else to say about it.

This is my go to face wash. I have really dry skin and will dissolve my makeup with albolene, not wipe it off, then wash my face with my Neutrogena. Before I started using the albolene this would dry my skin out the tiniest bit but now it's an absolute dream. I will never not use this. I've gone through no less than 6 bottles of this stuff. I love it to death. Its crazy gentle, removes non-waterproof makeup really well, and the foaming feels really good

on 1/25/2017 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

lives up to the name ultra gentle. unlike other cleansers ive used in the past, this one doesnt make my skin feel tight after using it! although it never helped with any of my acne, oiliness etc. ive felt after using this my face never really changed. this would be a good cleanser for someone with sensitive skin. it smells good, but the fragrance may be irritating to some. love the packaging, and for the price you get a good amount. wouldnt repurchase tho

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Tried a sample form a Target beauty box. Retails for about $9. The fragrance is soapy clean and it foams quite nicely. This cleanser gently cleans my face thoroughly during the FL summer without feeling dry or tight. I have normal to dry skin but sweat easily so this worked very well. I don't think it would be that good for my skin during the cooler months as my face tends to flake a bit. I had a sample with a screw top but I imagine the full size pump is great. Overall, an affordable, gentle and effective daily cleanser. I took one Lippie off because I'm not a fan of the soapy clean fragrance.

on 1/23/2017 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have combo skin tending toward oily that is sensitive on it's own, plus made more so by retinol use. I love this stuff - have just about used up my first bottle, and already bought my second. The foaming formula cleanses and degreases me thoroughly w/o any dryness or tight feeling (although I do wear very little makeup). The bottle is huge, so I feel it's a great value at $9.99. I also really like that there are only 10 ingredients, and no parabens. Excellent product!

on 12/6/2016 7:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have sensitive, acne-prone, oily/combo deeply imperfect skin that breaks out with EVERYTHING, even the "creamy" cleanser counterpart with sneakily similar packaging, also made by Neutrogena.

This is my favorite sensitive skin cleanser. I use it with a little bar soap to remove my makeup, a wash cloth, and toner, but I'm convinced this helps keep my skin as clear as I can hope for, it isn't perfumed, and it doesn't leave a nasty or itchy film.

Here are the ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauryl Glucoside Potassium Acrylates Copolymer, PEG-120 Methyl Dioleate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance.

It's pretty expensive so I'm reviewing this based on samples from my derm but at this stage I'd probably go buy a bottle for myself.

This is a very good product. the best of all neutrogena face washes.doesnt overdry, helps with redness and prevents breakouts even if it is not really an acne cleanser. my advice to you: just give it time.because on my first two days of using this i broke out with little whiteheads but after that inever broke out again and my skin has stayed looking well balanced and not red anymore compared to those times i was using cetaphil cleanser. i really am in love with this cleanser.although it foams and removes alot of dirt on the face, dont expect it to totally remove makeup if you put alot of makeup though, just use the neutrogena oil free deep clean wipes.give it a try and some time.it is best for acne prone skin like mine.thanks neutrogena!❤️