Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

3.3

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauryl Glucoside, Potassium Accylates Copolymer, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance

on 12/6/2016 7:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have sensitive, acne-prone, oily/combo deeply imperfect skin that breaks out with EVERYTHING, even the "creamy" cleanser counterpart with sneakily similar packaging, also made by Neutrogena.

This is my favorite sensitive skin cleanser. I use it with a little bar soap to remove my makeup, a wash cloth, and toner, but I'm convinced this helps keep my skin as clear as I can hope for, it isn't perfumed, and it doesn't leave a nasty or itchy film.

Here are the ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauryl Glucoside Potassium Acrylates Copolymer, PEG-120 Methyl Dioleate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance.

It's pretty expensive so I'm reviewing this based on samples from my derm but at this stage I'd probably go buy a bottle for myself.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Tried a sample form a Target beauty box. Retails for about $9. The fragrance is soapy clean and it foams quite nicely. This cleanser gently cleans my face thoroughly during the FL summer without feeling dry or tight. I have normal to dry skin but sweat easily so this worked very well. I don't think it would be that good for my skin during the cooler months as my face tends to flake a bit. I had a sample with a screw top but I imagine the full size pump is great. Overall, an affordable, gentle and effective daily cleanser. I took one Lippie off because I'm not a fan of the soapy clean fragrance.

This is a very good product. the best of all neutrogena face washes.doesnt overdry, helps with redness and prevents breakouts even if it is not really an acne cleanser. my advice to you: just give it time.because on my first two days of using this i broke out with little whiteheads but after that inever broke out again and my skin has stayed looking well balanced and not red anymore compared to those times i was using cetaphil cleanser. i really am in love with this cleanser.although it foams and removes alot of dirt on the face, dont expect it to totally remove makeup if you put alot of makeup though, just use the neutrogena oil free deep clean wipes.give it a try and some time.it is best for acne prone skin like mine.thanks neutrogena!❤️

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I don't find this ultra gentle at all... It is very drying to my combination skin. I wouldn't say this works for sensitive skin either. It does not effectively remove makeup, it is better to cleanse skin without makeup. It is not a good alternative to Cetaphil. It may also be causing me to break out...? I think I need to order my Cetaphil again.

This product was ok. It did a pretty good job at cleansing and removing my makeup. However, it did dry out my skin after a couple uses.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've gone through many cleansers. I bought this on vacation, when I misplaced my regular HG. This stuff sucks on every aspect. It doesn't take off makeup or feel very cleansing in the morning. It kind of feels sticky, it's runny/clear like water, and when you use a cloth. It doesn't feel viscose on the skin. On top of everything, it makes me break out like crazy. It's alarming because I am NOT prone to breaking out. I plan on throwing this away. It's terrible.

on 11/10/2015 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this for a year and a half now, and am really happy with it. It removes most of my makeup (I wear EL Double Wear) and doesn't leave any filmy feeling. I just wish it didn't cost $10 in Canada. If you have oily skin like me, don't buy the creamy version; I did accidentally and it made me break out horribly.

on 9/16/2015 12:05:00 PM

A good cleanser but it is too drying for my skin. It removes makeup well though

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This cleanser is great! It's mild and it thoroughly cleanses my face, even removes all my makeup. This is the first cleanser I've ever used regularly that does not contain an acne medication (except Dove bar soap, which I've never had a bad experience with). I really like how it foams because I have oily skin. Yet, I don't feel dry after using this. Now, if my skin is experiencing some dryness, I use the hydrating cream cleanser from this line which is great too; sometimes just to make sure my skin doesn't get dry, I mix the two. I am on my second bottle of this. I plan to buy more until I either can't or my skin changes (gets dry with age).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This cleanser is good but not amazing. I have dry skin and my husband has oily skin and this works well for both. I use oils to wash my makeup off so this cleanser has been good at cutting through the oils. Leaves skin slightly dry but my regular night time routine makes up for it. Great value though as it's almost twice as large as the Olay cleanser we were using before.