Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauryl Glucoside, Potassium Accylates Copolymer, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance

on 2/7/2018 10:42:00 AM

I absolutely love this cleanser! It's extremely gentle even if you accidentally get some in your eyes (oops) and even does a pretty good job at taking off makeup!

on 1/13/2018 9:24:00 AM

I have been using this cleanser for years and will not be stopping any time soon. It washes away mascara, eyebrow creams etc in one go without having to use any additional products. It is a little bit drying for combo skin so I just follow up with a light lotion afterwards. Well worth the money and I recommend this to everyone.

on 1/13/2018 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this cleanser for about three weeks now. I went back to a drugstore brand simply because I feel my money is better spent elsewhere in my skincare routine (for example, my serums).

I have oily, acne prone & sensitive skin and this has been amazing for me. I use this cleanser as a first cleanse in the AM (a half pump) and as my second cleanse at night (1 pump). This has never cause breakouts and doesn't dry out my skin. If it does, that may be because you have dry skin? I can see this doing that on dry types with consistent use. Also, I understand some people don't like it because they say it leaves their face feeling not as clean because there's no squeaky clean feeling afterwards. I used to think squeaky meant clean but it actually means your skin was stripped. I have never felt that with this cleanser and while it's a new feeling for me, I've come to like it. Especially since my skin is definitely clean. I have gone over it with micellar water afterwards just to make sure.

This cleanser does foam but it's not super sudsy and that is thanks to no sulfares. This has to be the best no sulfate cleanser I've ever used. It also has no soap or parabens and is fragrance free.i do smell something but it's like, idk... a light, fresh scent. Definitely not perfumey. It didn't bother me at all. I've gotten this in my eyes by accident and it didn't burn or sting. That's a testament to how gentle this is.

I've tried plenty high end cleansers and got the same results or they broke me out. If you have the money to splurge by all means go ahead but i just don't see the point in spending a lot of money on a cleanser. This was $10 for 354mL of product and i never have to use more than one pump at a time. It will last awhile. This cleanser works as good as ANY expensive one so save your coins and use the money for a nifty serum or face oil. I'd recommend anyone with combination and/or oily skin to try the foamy formula. I cannot compare it to the creamy one as I've never tried it.

I can see myself purchasing this over and over again.

on 11/20/2017 12:17:00 PM

Truly gentle formula, didnt overdry my skin, and washed off super easily it just slips off your face and i love the super easy pump

on 7/25/2017 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I cant comprehend why a cleanser formulated for sensitive skin would have so much fragrance added. The smell, to me, was AWFUL....like i was rubbing perfume in my face.
On a positive note, it felt gentle, didnt cause instant irritation and removed makeup...the frag/smell was such a bummer
Shame on Neutrogena!

on 5/1/2017 5:47:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This product floats the makeup off at night and cleans gently. I use a nubby washcloth to take everything off. It rinses easily. Skin care purists may not like the fragrance but I rather do. I use Vitamin C and retinol products so a gentle cleanser is the only way. You don't need a lot to float across your wet skin to dissolve the day from your face.

This is my go to face wash. I have really dry skin and will dissolve my makeup with albolene, not wipe it off, then wash my face with my Neutrogena. Before I started using the albolene this would dry my skin out the tiniest bit but now it's an absolute dream. I will never not use this. I've gone through no less than 6 bottles of this stuff. I love it to death. Its crazy gentle, removes non-waterproof makeup really well, and the foaming feels really good

on 4/19/2017 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This has been my go-to cleanser for years. I have very sensitive acne-prone skin with mild rosacea. My skin is on the dryer side now, usually (hooray for aging and hormonal shifts... *eye rolls*), and was previously often dehydrated/dry from my topical acne medications. This cleanser has never aggravated my skin conditions.

I previously used the very bland and gentle Acne.org cleanser and tried this one when I ran out of the Acne.org one and couldn't reorder in time. I ended up liking this one enough to switch.

I have used this while on a benzoyl peroxide treatment regimen as well as while using retinoids, AHA treatments, and combinations of these. It has been gentle enough not to cause issues for my already sensitive and easily dehydrated skin even when using these treatments that can also cause more sensitivity.

When I wear makeup, I prefer to do a 2 step cleansing method so I do not rely on this wash to remove 100% of makeup on its own. I remove the bulk of it with a wipe and/or oil cleanser before washing with this to remove anything left behind. It is gentle enough for me to use around my eyes as well.
I have successfully used it to remove light makeup on occasion though. I just prefer to use a separate makeup remover.

The main thing I would change about this facewash would be the pump. I would much prefer a shorter, locking pump. this one tends to get gunky and is a pain in the rear to travel with. I would also prefer it be 100% fragrance free but I still haven't had issues with the fragrance that is used in it.

That's pretty much it. This is a solid day to day mild cleanser what cleans well without stripping. I will continue to purchase it.

on 1/29/2017 12:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my in-shower face wash. I wouldn't use it on its own to remove my makeup, especially my eye makeup ( I wear waterproof), but it gets the job done, doesn't irritate my skin (which is really not sensitive, except to sulphates), and ten bucks for twelve ounces is reasonable.

It's a pretty basic cleanser, really, so there's not much else to say about it.

on 1/25/2017 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

lives up to the name ultra gentle. unlike other cleansers ive used in the past, this one doesnt make my skin feel tight after using it! although it never helped with any of my acne, oiliness etc. ive felt after using this my face never really changed. this would be a good cleanser for someone with sensitive skin. it smells good, but the fragrance may be irritating to some. love the packaging, and for the price you get a good amount. wouldnt repurchase tho