Urban Decay Smoked

Urban Decay Smoked

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/9/2017 4:44:00 PM

I would give this palette five stars just for the Barlust eyeshadow color. Barlust is the most gorgeous and versatile shimmery brown that I have ever used. It literally goes on like butter and stays on even without primer. I have a light-medium skin tone and Barlust compliments my skin so well. It can be swept on with a taupe color for a natural day look and layered at night for the perfect smoky eye. The other shadows in the palette are also great quality and go on smoothly (but really nothing compares to Barlust). The only drawback, as other reviewers have pointed out, is that the shadows in this palette lack light and neutral tones to pair with the deep, rich colors; however, I actually prefer this because I use darker shadows a lot more.

I love the palette and all of urban decay products, but three of the pigments in this palette remind me something you would see Tammy Fay Baker or an 80's grandma would wear. I could do with 2 other colors for the blue and green, the purple is alright but repeated in their other palettes it seems.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this when sephora was selling it for cheap. First off I love the packaging on it its a black case that zips. It came with an eyeliner and a primer potion (which I used up really quickly)
To the actual shadows, I have only hit pan on a few of them because the darker ones tend to look kind of muddy. The lightest two shades ( kinky and freestyle) are the ones that I have hit pan on. All of the shadows are very buttery and smooth. For the price I paid it wasn't a bad deal and all the extras that came with it were well worth it for me.

on 5/25/2016 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I thought I would love this palette but unfortunately I did not use it enough. The smokey shades are beautiful in the palette as well as swatched. However when worn and blended on the eyelids, most just ends up looking gray on the eyes as some other reviews have said as well. I just did not like the way the shades looked and barely ever reached for this palette.

on 1/13/2016 10:36:00 PM

I just got this beauty when it was on sale at Ulta for $22. I am so glad I decided to get this! I'm normally not the girl who will wear all these dark and bold colors (I'm a sucker for neutrals) but this...this is great. It's changed my whole perspective on blue eye shadow! It makes a beautiful smoky eye regardless which shades you use. The liner and the primer potion are both amazing as well.

on 12/8/2015 8:39:00 PM

I really love some of these colours, but half the time I don't have the occasion to wear them. The worst thing about it is that, unlike the various Naked palettes, I don't think you can really create a make up look just with these colours. When I have used it, I've relied on other colours. I do love it enough that I wouldn't throw it away and will still use it occasionally, I just wouldn't rebuy it.

I love this palette. It's my goto palette for most occassions. I've had it for over two years (I know I'm supposed to throw it away after 12 months but who really does that?) & I still haven't hit pan.
The colours are beautiful and really pigmented.
It comes with a booklet to tell you how to achieve different looks.

I only used this palette for mushroom and combine the darker shade with other eyeshadows. I never used this palette alone and that why i gave a 2 out of 5. this is not a versatile palette, and I do not like the 2 lighter shades. but the pigmentation of all the eyeshadows are good and easy to blend.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The best UD palette there is. I'm not a fan of glittery eyeshadows so this blows all the Naked palettes out of the water for me.

on 3/14/2015 3:53:00 PM

A bit of advice here... Try using them wet.

Overall, this palette works for me. I got it on sale at Sephora for $20 so it's actually a good deal. The eyeliner is good though I rarely use it. I prefer liquid liner pens generally. The primer is good, as well. As for the many shadows, I agree with reviews that say the jewel tones don't deliver and look sort of muddy. These beautiful colors unfortunately do not translate on skin. However, a few days ago, in an attempt to make them work, I dipped a liner brush in water to line my upper and lower lids using the blue shadow. After a little effort, it was quite vibrantly blue and really pretty. Ill be trying this again with the jewel green as that's one of my favorite shadow colors. I hope that it will 'pop' like the blue sid using this method. The wet application also cut down on the powdery fallout. If you have this palette and are disappointed in them, I highly recommend trying to use them wet. As for the rest of it, the two highlighting colors are very nice. The shimmery grey Mushroom shade is is a lovely neutral on me with a good pigmentation.

Since this palette isn't offered anymore, you may find it for a steal like many of us have. In that case it is definitely a nice purchase.