Avon Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in Pretty

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Violet

The number one thing I always love with Avon's lipsticks is the pigmentation. It's a lipstick, not a stain, so touchups are going to be needed. I bought Pretty because I remembered it from last year's catalog as an awesome, dark hot pink. It did not disappoint. I'm very fair skinned with dark red hair, and I wanted to find a hot pink lipstick that works with my coloring. (I tried some crazy neon ones back in high school - I wanted to avoid THAT look.) And I have to say, even though it was marketed as a color for darker skintones, it worked on me with very little effort. I did use a slightly darker liner, and a semi-opaque medium pink gloss over it. It looked perfect. The wear time before I needed a touchup was about two hours, and immediately after food, but it's completely worth the effort.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

This Avon lipstick in "Pretty" is one of 8 new shades recently introduced in the Ultra Color Rich line that are being promoted as being woman of color friendly. Pretty is a gorgeous, highly pigmented, in-your-face, bright dark pink color. It is not for the shy or faint person! I find that it does need to be touched up after a while, particularly after eating or drinking. Thus far I've only worn it without a lip liner, but I think it might behoove you to use one with this particular color, as I noticed that it does have the propensity to bleed/feather a little. Using a good lip primer probably also wouldn't hurt. It also leaves a slight stain on the lips which, in some cases, can be a good thing.

Popular Lipsticks