Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation
Le Teint Touche Eclat FoundationLe Teint Touche Eclat FoundationLe Teint Touche Eclat FoundationLe Teint Touche Eclat FoundationLe Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

Active ingredient: Octinoxate 7 Inactive ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, PEG-10, Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride,, Phenoxyethanol, Caprytyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylgycerin, Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Dipropylene Glycol, Isotridecyl Isononanoate. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

First of all, the bottle would attract anyone to this product, as it instantly gives a luxurious and glamorous vibe. The overall foundation is amazing, its feels light, but with a medium coverage, and it just gives the loveliest glow to your face. I'm on my second bottle of this foundation, I tend to only use this foundation for special occasions, such as parties, or going out with friends as it is more on the expensive side, but it is so worth it. It defo is my FAV foundation.

It has a slight scent to it, but not overpowering, and it defo does not smell chemically like other foundations. I am fair skinned but I do prefer wearing colours that are a couple shades darker than my skin tone, therefore, i've been using colour B50 and its perfect, not too dark, but still complements my fair complexion.

I'd say I'm normal skinned, however, I do tend to get dryer skin if I haven't moisturised or if it's the colder months, however, when I do have dry skin, it doesn't cling to it, which I love. Defo recommend this foundation!!

on 1/5/2017 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this Foundation because I have quite dry patches of sensitive skin with redness patches. I wanted something which wouldn't dry me out or cling to dry patches, and wouldn't impact the quality of my skin if I wore it on a regular basis. After some research, I went to the counter at my local John Lewis to get colour matched. Three shades sort of suited me, but one shade was a dead on match (B10)(Definitely get colour matched! Do not order online. The YSL counter ladies really know their stuff and can match you perfectly). The woman at the counter did me a full face of make up, including using the primer they recommend and the Touche Eclat lightening concealer pen.

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS FOUNDATION. I've worn it quite a few times since purchasing and it has pretty good longevity, only wearing around the really oily area around my nose after around 8/10 hours. It's dewy (not a matte finish) but it's really natural and covers most imperfections with ease. It doesn't seem to impact my skin after wearing it.

You definitely need a moisturising primer for the best results, I actually thought the primer they recommend was great and might be persuaded to go back and buy it (£29 plus £32 for the foundation put me off on the day). At the moment I am using Clarins Beauty Flash Balm which I love but is cream based and the gel base of the YSL one is more suitable. You do need to build up the base with some concealer and a bit of matte/finishing powder to get a true full coverage, the Foundation on its own is a bit light but definitely good for both every day use and building it up for special occasions- it's so natural that a few layers doesn't look 'caked on' in any way. The YSL Touche Eclat pen worked really well with it in the store.

Slight smell to the product as mentioned in other reviews but I quite like it, it's very fresh and in no way overpowering. I find it's best applied with an oval blender brush or beauty blender- kabuki Foundation brushes are okay but don't give a really smudge free finish. The brush YSL have developed and will try to sell you) is a modified kabuki spot brush with a little 'Y' instead of a spot, which they say you should fill the foundation with and apply and that's enough- it's true you only need 1/2 small pumps for full coverage but an oval brush is much cleaner and sucks up less product so I don't think the YSL brush is very good- even though the girl at the counter doing my make up was selling it, I could tell that she didn't really like using it much!

Glass bottle has a pump and looks like quite a big bottle (for 30ml) so I think it will last me a while. I'm quite happy with the glass- might be hard to travel with but I think the packaging reflects the price point and I was happy to pay slightly more for the product. Possible my HG foundation right here!

Why oh why did YSL discontinue this?

This is a glowy, youthful foundation that makes my skin looks pretty with one pump.

Sure, I can understand YSL would like to cater to others who prefer a heavier coverage than this, but why discontinue a good thing? How about us? Give people options!

No, I won't buy it again simply because it has been discontinued. *sob*

I may or may not have a backup though.

For reference, I'm a MAC NC20. Chanel VA B10. GA Lasting 4.5.

on 1/10/2016 1:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm pleasantly surprised by this foundation after my mom picked it up for me. I have very oily acne prone skin be never bother looking at "radiant,glowy, your skin but better" foundation because I know it would slid right off my face and not give me the coverage that I want. This however has great coverage and I paired with a setting powder, it stayed looking nice on my face for a pretty long time. I would buy this again, only con for me is that the colour selection seems very pink

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

So I think I have finally found my elusive Holy Grail foundation. I have been trying lots of different ones over the years, including expensive ones from MAC, Clinique, etc - but none have quite done it for me. However, after trying a sample of this (in colour B40) I can say for sure that I am hooked and will use it again and again and again!

I wear this every day and usually apply with a RealTechniques foundation brush - I find it tends to make the product go a little further and gives a nicer finish. I also wear primer underneath (Revlon PhotoReady) to make look even nicer, although tbh it looks just as nice without the primer, but doesn't last quite as long. I tend to find one pump of foundation gives enough coverage, in fact I usually have some left over from that - so I can see it lasting a while.

This genuinely makes my skin look great - even, smooth, and glowing. People have commented on it, and when I catch my reflection in the mirror I continue to be pleasantly surprised by how it makes my skin look - even when it's been on all day! I have not yet had to re-touch it throughout the day - however, this will probably change in warmer weather.

Yes, it's expensive, but so worth it (for me anyway). I like to invest a little more in foundation than in things like mascara etc, and I find the price justifiable for how good the product is. The packaging is great, very expensive looking. I think the product will last a while as you don't need much to achieve good coverage.

I can't say enough how much I love this product!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I went to the YSL counter today to get matched and i have a problem with colours, at the moment i am literally white and the man at the counter had trouble matching me to my shade. I told him that i wanted to buy a shade with yellow undertones and he agreed that one with yellow undertones would match me best. Now he went through the lightest shades which had yellow undertones and none of them matched me they were all too dark so just be aware of that if you have very pale skin like myself and prefer a yellow undertone. The man at the counter ended up matching me to B10 which was actually a pink undertone, being the reason i didn't end up buying it, I have dry/sensitive skin and tend to opt for the dewy look now this isn't super dewy but not matte either its more dewy than satin. I would say that this is a very natural skin like foundation which is probably a medium coverage.

I have dry skin. I do not have any other problems with my skin. I have been using some Clinique foundation before (superbalanced I think it was), but this is so much better. Not heavy, but still covers and gives a nice uniform aspect. The Sephora lady said this product is recommended for dry skin (the Clinique one was not, my mistake) and I was worried it will look greasy, but it doesn't. I do use pouder on top though.
I love it, it is perfect for me. I have been using it for 2 years and I have no intention to try something new. And it lasts double the time the Clinique did, so overall it doesn't cost me more.

on 12/24/2015 8:18:00 AM

This gives me a glowwwwwww!!!! As a person with combination skin in their late teens, I usually stay away from any foundations that suggest moisturizing properties because I will usually break out from it. BUT THIS FOUNDATION DOES NOT DO THAT!!! It has a watery consistency, like most liquid foundations and has a decent coverage that can be built to quite full. I usually use two layers on my skin and I feel as though there is barely any on my face. Although this foundation is pricy, it is worth every penny.

I have some acne scarring and this foundation manages to cover most of the faded scarring whilst giving my skin a healthy natural glow. Worth the investment!! The packaging is simplistic but pretty. The gold capped glass bottle sits nicely in my makeup corner.

The only negative to this product is that the packaging makes it slightly hazardous to travel with as the glass can break. However for the mini miracle it works on my face, I am willing to invest in heavy duty bubble wrap if I must!

I have been using this foundation for the past 2 months and I have found that it works the best with a buffing brush. I have experimented with normal foundations brushes, beauty blenders and makeup sponges but in all cases, the applicator ended up taking on a lot of the product. My buffing brush gives me the most flawless finish and I find that it fades slower throughout the day so I can minimise my touch ups to around 3 times a day, mostly around my nose area where there is excess oil. Great Foundation to use during the day and night!

on 12/19/2015 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

OMG! People who love dewey, natural, healthy (omg I sound like Charlotte Tilbury) looking skin, this foundation is for you! I have dry skin. I use a heavy moisturiser beneath this. No powder on top. Weirdly enough, it starts looking better as time goes by. Around the five hour mark, you start looking glowey and delicious (lol). People with oily skin may be taking up stakes after reading that, but I LOVE THAT 'WET SKIN' look.

The coverage is light with one layer. With two or three layers, it becomes a true medium. You can build this up to ten layers, and I swear it'll look just as natural as it did at the first layer. It stays on for about eight hours for me without powder. The finish is dewey. Just plain dewey. Nothing demi matte or satin about it.

I don't know how to do justice to this foundation. I really don't. It really gives you that 'lit from within' look. Like a unicorn licked you, or something. If you skip all other make up, you'll probably get away with saying you have no make up on. I feel like lipstick and eye make up definitely give away products like foundation.

Use whatever you want with this. I like using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, their sponge, my hands, anything really. But don't use a stippling brush. Goes on a bit patchier than you'd like. I use the shade BD60 and I'm about an NC42-43. Leaning more towards the NC43 side.

Stay away from this if you like it matte, full coverage and long wearing. If you're oily, use a good powder or a setting spray.

on 12/13/2015 8:08:00 PM

It's a nice foundation but I can't deal with the smell. I feel like it's gotten worse over time. I recently threw it out because the smell got so strong I thought it may have expired. I bought this foundation when I was traveling in SFO and forgot to pack my foundation. I was staying at a hotel right near a sephora so I popped in there looking to see if I could get a sample of my favorite guerlain foundation. They were unfortunately out of my color but the woman working there recommended this one. I liked it so much when I was traveling I decided to purchase it before I left. I remember there being a subtle scent. Within a few weeks the scent was so bad I felt like I could smell it on my face all day. I stopped using this and went back to guerlain foundation.