Gucci Premiere EDP for Women

Gucci Premiere EDP for Women

2.8

on 5/5/2016 4:38:00 PM

I am very surprised at the many negative reviews for this perfume. It is a decent perfume. The top notes are supposed to be bergamot and blackberry, but most people will agree that it comes off as white floral as the leading note and has orange blossom and musk. I only seem to use this when I am going out at night. It makes me feel very rich and sophisticated.

The bottle is extremely pleasing to the eye. It is hard to tell how much is left in the bottle unless you hold it up to a light. The bottle is all gold, very shiny, and has a charm attached to it.

You can purchase this at any beauty retailer, but it is much cheaper online. You may run the risk of getting a fake, but Ulta is currently selling it at $93 for a 1.6 Oz bottle. I think that is way too overpriced, considering that this fades away completely after two to three hours. I spray it generously. I make sure to spray my wrists, my neck, and my hair if I go out. The only place it actually lingers is on my hair, so it needs some improvement.

Overall, it is a glamorous perfume that I personally like, but it is overpriced and easily copied. It doesn't have enough staying power for me to pay for it again, so I won't be repurchasing. I think that other Gucci perfumes can give me that same lux feeling with more longevity.

I couldn't really smell this perfume when it was on my skin for the first couple of hours.

Later in the evening I smelt my wrist and it smelt like a lovely evening scent I couldn't stop smelling my wrists. However I had to be really, really close to my wrist to smell it.

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

I managed to obtain several samples, including a deluxe size from Sephora.com, of Gucci Premier EDP by Gucci. Initially, I loved this scent and decided that when I was ready to replenish my stock of perfumes I would buy this one (along with another scent I reviewed). According to Ulta.com, this Gucci scent comprised the following notes:

•Top Note: Orange Blossom, Bergamot
•Heart Note: Leather, Fur
•Base Note: Musk

While I found the top note to be a bit cacophonous (if we can use such an adjective for a scent), I really liked the middle and bottom notes. It suited my body chemistry well. However, as I used it more often, I begun to realize that while these notes were very nice (warm and pleasant), they were not extraordinary enough to justify the expensive price tag (as much as US $93 at Ulta.com). The other thing I noted was that it did not last long, as its bottom notes became quite weak. Therefore, unless I were able to obtain it for nearly free, I would not consider actually purchasing this scent. However, based on my research, I found that others (at least at Ulta.com) enjoyed this scent quite a lot. I find it to be somewhere between 3 - 3.5 lippies, because even with all the drawback I found it still to be so luxurious and pleasant.

on 12/11/2014 7:44:00 PM

I still have a bottle of the sadly discontinued original Gucci - the dark brown juice in the black box - which I love to pieces and for which I get so many compliments. So when they offered me a sample of this I gladly accepted it. I regret to say I was very disappointed. It's not a bad scent, but it's so very much like any other girly-girly, syrupy floral scent that overwhelm the market these days. Too young and giddy for my taste. I was expecting something more sophisticated, along the lines of the original Gucci, or of Bottega Veneta, which is what the brand used to suggest to me. Not even close. I won' t buy this.

on 10/15/2014 12:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This stuff is so strong. I felt like I was suffocating people on the train after spraying it. Strong woodsy smell. Normally I love all the Gucci scents, but be forewarned this needs time to calm down before leaving.

on 5/8/2014 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I really like the musk and orange blossom notes of this, but it's too spicy for me. Sort of masculine, really. Cool bottle though. Really unique.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got this as a fragrance sampler from Sephora and when I first smelled it, I really, really liked it. It had a floral, woodsy scent that slightly smelled of cologne, but not in an overtly masculine way. I'm not normally a fan of the more floral scents but I really did like this one.

Unfortunately, the scent all but left my skin after about a half hour of wear. I can only barely smell it when I put my wrist all the way to my nose, and even then it does not smell nearly as lovely as when I first sprayed it on. I think the lingering scent of it smells way too much like an old lady perfume (the sickly kind of old lady perfume), and I will definitely not be wearing this in public. At almost $100 for 1.7 oz, I could not justify spending that much money on a scent that barely lasts.

I love the initial scent of this perfume, but I wish it would last more, or at the very least, not morph into a rather unappealing musty smell.

on 2/1/2014 6:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Nicely pretty. Creamy florals with a sweet musk base. A bit too sweet for me, though, and smells very young. Not really as black tie as the name suggests

on 9/8/2013 10:14:00 AM

I generally like Gucci fragrances but Premiere has been a sort of disappointment - not a big one, the fragrance is too meek and indescript to create a big disappointment even. Maybe I'm anosmic to it or something because I can't smell any of the stated notes (per NST: bergamot, orange blossom, white flowers, musk, leather and wood). All I get is a sweet, perhaps peachy scent which reminds me of Guerlain's Idylle. However, it's very muted and disappears from my skin in 40 minutes. I'll have to pass. 2.5

on 8/14/2013 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Normally, I love Gucci (esp the Guilty trio, and Eau de Gucci), and I'm wondering why they even bothered launching Premiere at all -- right on the heels of the very good & successful Guilty trio.

That commercial advert with the city lights & Blake Lively in a sparkly gold evening gown -- they were apparently aiming for luxury & elegance & opulence, but I'm not getting that from the scent itself.

If I were to spritz lemon on a plank of plywood and then sniff the two together -- that's what it smells like to me. It opens with bergamot topnotes, then goes down into a wood scent. And stops there. I know there are florals in between the bergamot and the wood, but I really don't smell any in particular. I think there's supposed to be leather in the base also. To me it's a serious fragrance, a little rough, almost masculine, and lacking in sensuality.

Premiere's solid gold chunky "treasure chest" bottle is beautiful, but you can't tell how much you have left.

The men's counterpart, the new Gucci "Made to Measure" cologne with James Franco -- smells awesome! I just got an insert in a Macy's catalog, and ILOVE it! They say it's supposed to be the men's version of Premiere. I think it smells much better than Premiere!!

Popular Fragrances