Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain

Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain

3.6

Not tested on animals

I only have the sample size, but the product is amazing. The color forever peach is gorgeous on my lips. The product is comfortable and smells pleasant. I would recommend if you enjoy balm-like texture in your lippies.

on 4/28/2018 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Not a bad product but I wouldn't pay full price (tried this as a sample in a Birch Box) for an ordinary balm with a matte finish. The finish didn't suit me (I'm too old for matte) nor did the warm pinky peach color (I'm cool toned). The formula didn't irritate and I know they are high quality ingredients, but I expect more from what amounts to a high priced lip balm. I did not try this on my cheeks because the texture was too sticky/oily. I use cream blushes but this was too much oil.

on 4/16/2018 11:54:00 PM

very pretty but I wouldn't buy it again it doesn't last very long and just not really for me

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

IA cruelty free version of dior lip glow. I use it as a balm and a blush. I love it. Jane Iredale overall is an amazing brand!

on 12/18/2015 7:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Finally love it! First received this as a tiny sample and carried it around the makeup bag. As a lipstick gal, I rarely reach for balm-like stains. After forgetting about it for a couple months, I finally found the sample in an chapped-lip emergency and was pleasantly surprised. It hydrated my lips and left a very natural flush of color to my lips while feeling very light and non-sticky on the lips (Forever Pink looks amazing on cool complexions for pale/fair skin). It wasn't sticky or super opaque...just somehow the perfect tinted lip balm.

I found myself digging through my makeup bag to find this balm for those no-makeup looks and just-woke-up-this-perfect weekends with the bf. Loved these looks so much (AND it hydrated my endlessly parched lips even on the longest flights!), the full-size purchase was a no-brainer and got me more interested in this brand. That said, I've never thought about popping this on my cheeks- I generally don't like to mix my makeup products. Really, this should should be marketed / classified as the perfect tinted lip balm, but the "just kissed" theme is spot on! Yes, it's pricey for what it is, but if you're like me and super picky about hydrating lip balm, it's worth every penny. Plus i'm a fan of the ingredients (no, it's no vegan friendly: beeswax). HG status, and Winter warrior!

on 7/23/2015 10:56:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

A fun, lip and cheek stain that changes color based on your chemistry. I have this in forever peach which turns into a sheer orange-red on my lips. It feels like a lip balm and the stained color lasts a long time.

on 6/16/2015 11:23:00 AM

Love it! Last super long!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great all around product! Love the feel, the smell, the color and the wear. I got this in a Birchbox and I use it all the time. It is not so heavy as a lipstick and IMO, gives a more natural look. The color is not the color of the stick. It looks peachy-pink in the tube, but for me gives a poppy pink color for the lips with natural shine. No goopy lip gloss look. It smells like cherry chap stick to me and the feel is of a very moisturizing balm.

Smell = Amazing
Feel = Moisturizing like a balm
Color = Great and Natural

on 5/17/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got a mini version of this - wew! I am sooooo glad I didn't purchase it myself! This stuff blows.

Ok disclaimer: I am not an Iredale fan at all- these products are a lot like Mary K, Avon, Elizabeth Arden, etc to me in that no matter how hard they try its still all a wee bit...I dunno...dated? Given my snooty attitude, once I saw that this was a "color changing formulation" I was kind of cracking up bc it reminded me of those green lippies I used to buy in 5th grade that would turn some noxious shade of pink. Anyhow... Still, I wanted to give this a try and be fair about it. Which I did but was totally disappointed. I didn't really get any color on my lips - a slight peachy shade but it faded quick prob. within half hour. I couldn't even see this as a cheek stain at all BUT I sure could feel its greasy streak, yuk. I feel like this is pretty gimmicky stuff for $28 bux. I am glad to read it works for some but for me it did zero, zip, nada.

at first I was kind of "meh" about this product. I've tried a HUGE amount of other "color changing" lipsticks. just like all the others, this one turned a little too bubblegum-fakey pink on me. I gave up on it. a while later, I started to wear it around the house just to use it up, and I began to realize-- it's actually not such a bad shade of pink on me. I think it's because really bright lipcolors are in style right now, so I've grown accustomed to how that looks. plus, it is super moisturizing and does not have too much slip. the feel is as good as burt's bees. my lips are kind of pale, so the color stains just enough but not too much. other color changing products I tried stained so much that by the third application, it would be way too intense. so anyway, I love this lipstick now! (note that I am a lover of easy-to-throw-on-without-a-mirror / MLBB types of colors.) I'm about to run out and I think I will buy this again, despite the expense.

by the way, I think one of the reasons why this one is working so much better for me (compared to other color changing balms) is the ingredients. they use red 21, where all the others use red 27. also, it's full of lots of great natural oils. it really does make my lips feel moisturized and protected.

as for the packaging: YAY. why can't all lipsticks come in small tubes like this? not bulky, can fit into tiny pockets and little purses easily.