Too Faced La Creme Lipstick - Nude Beach

Too Faced La Creme Lipstick - Nude Beach
La Creme Lipstick - Nude BeachLa Creme Lipstick - Nude BeachEnter Title

4.5

Fuchsia Shock, Naked Dolly, Nude Beach, Razzle Dazzle Rose, Sweet Maple: Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Sterols, Vegetable Oil (Olus/Huile Végétale), Polybutene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyethylene, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Isostearyl Hydroxystearate, Triisostearyl Citrate, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera/Cire De Candelilla), Isostearyl Isostearate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Flavor (Aroma), Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Linalool, Geraniol, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain/Peut Contenir ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this on a whim, and totally unexpectedly. I was having a swatch-fest in Ulta and my lips felt dry after applying and removing several shades. So I wanted to apply something "moisturizing" or that made my lips soft. I knew I liked Too Faced La Creme lipsticks for making my lips soft and comfortable, so I grabbed and applied the first nude/neutral one that I saw, which was 'Nude Beach'. I did not expect to like it so much, figuring it was just another nude; but, it was such a flattering, versatile nude on me. I now see some swatches online that look a little pink, but on me, this is about as neutral as can be. I guess swatching it on your arm or hand (like many online swatches I have seen) looks different than on the actual lips.

That said, I would classify this as a pinky-nude, a nude that will not give most gals 'concealer lips', but there is enough pink in there to warm up the nude-shade. I think this is predominantly a great shade for fair-skinned gals, but even with me having a tan, this imho looks flattering, very natural.

This is one lippie I want to always have on hand. This will come with me on trips, I will keep it in my purse, it just goes with everything, and can tone down some lipsticks, or combine with other lipsticks. In a sea of nude lip products, this somehow stands out. It goes with so many looks, and while in theory any nude lipstick should go with everything, they often do not. This does not get gummy nor gunky nor turn garish colors, nothing bad. It does need re-applied after a few hours, but I do not mind. Oh on that note, it also applies very easily and smoothly and evenly. There are a (what feels like) a million nude lip products out there, but this one is a real workhorse. Great anytime of year, from day to night, great for school or office or even date night, so versatile!! I am not a fan of Too Faced lipstick packaging, the metal feels cheap and can be a little bit of a pain to open and close, but not terrible. Just not my favorite lipstick packaging. But no matter. The product (and the shade) definitely make it all worth while!! This is one nude I never want to be without. And to think, I almost did not even give it a glance!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am NW10-15. Honestly nude colors are not my best. I tend to look better in brighter colors (think MAC VG Miley). However, I love the idea of a nude lip and have purchased many nude lipsticks over the years, hoping to find one that works on my pale skin and pigmented lips. Most are too orange, too brown, too concealer-looking, or aren't even nude but are more like a light pink.

Too Faced Nude Beach is described on the brand's site as a nude peach. I think it's a little pink, a little brown, and maybe a little beige or peach, but somehow it avoids all the pitfalls I mentioned above. It isn't super duper pigmented, but it isn't sheer. It glides on very smoothly and has very creamy consistency which feels very nice on the lips. However, due to the creamy nature, it doesn't last very long, so I gave it 4 lippies. It also has a nice shine--not super glossy, but not flat or matte, and looks very natural.

I have seen it compared to the discontinued MAC Flutterby and the (still available) MAC Creme Cup. I don't own either, but from pics I would say it's a tad more pink than Flutterby and much less pink than Creme Cup. I would love dupes of this color in a slightly longer lasting formula, but regardless, I would gladly purchase this again.

on 6/7/2015 12:03:00 AM

Nude Beach is just the pink nude I was looking for! Not shockingly pale-nude pink, but not beige-and-dull either. Gives just the right amount of color, which is difficult for me with lighter pinks especially because all of them make me look like I'm sick or have stuff on my face! The only downside, and the reason behind the 4 lippie review, is that it comes off really easily—I think it's because of its "creamy" nature. Either way, I love this lipstick!

on 6/6/2015 2:08:00 AM

This lipstick is too creamy and extend to the contour of my lips. Doesn't look good on the lips.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very wearable nude, slightly pinkish. I don't find I can wear the beige nudes; they wash me out. This is a very pink nude, so if you want peach or beige, they have that in this formula but this is the pinkest of their nude colors.

The ad for the lipstick: "Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream is a rich, creamy lip color, drenched with luscious, hydrating moisturizers including lotus flower extract and power peptides, known to soothe, protect, condition and firm the delicate lip area. The La Creme collection comes in 20 sought-after shades in 5 versatile color families: nudes, spices, pinks, reds and NEW berries. Paraben-free. Vegan friendly."

The formula most definitely is moisturizing. I find I reach for this preferentially. I like the slant tip packaging.

I LOVE this lippie. As someone who hates anything sticky, I find the formula perfect.

pros:
- rich, creamy formula
- nourishing on the lips
- pretty saturated/not too sheer

cons:
- a bit pricey (although it comes with a lot of product)
- just a bit too pinkish for me

I adore the smell & taste (chocolate like). I have a problem in finding a nude shade that suites me, this one is great. I took one lippie because the lasting power isn't great.

on 7/29/2014 10:56:00 PM

Creamy lip stick for sure The down side for me was it had no staying power and looked pasty on me I tried it over a rose lip stain and still looked awful on me I'm fair with rosy undertones Urban Decay Rush stays better on me and the color is more flattering Sigh.... I really wanted to love this on me

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love!! My new favorite brand & color! This is by far one of the most moisturizing lipsticks I've ever tried! It's wonderful. Keeps my lips very moisturized in this harsh winter season we're having.. It's velvety smooth and very creamy. Great quality, has average lasting power if ur eating or drinking but otherwise stays on decently. Super cute packaging and I just really love how hydrating this lipstick is! I always look for great pinks or nude shades. This color is a beautiful nude shade with just the slightest pink undertone. It's very versatile. I kept hearing ppl talk about this shade, so finally I decided to try it & so glad I did! This line carries some really pretty shades and now that I know they're great quality, I will be purchasing many more!

on 10/27/2013 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a good pinky nude lippie. None of that beige that turns me into a zombie.. Not long lasting feels really good on the lips and is very creamy and moisturizing. My problem w this is that it doesn't last very long... and for $22.00 that's kind of sucky. And the pretty gold container is so flimsy that if you dropped it, it would dent. Idk if I would repurchase because of the low quality package and wear time, but it is very pretty.

NC15/NW20 for reference.