Grandpa's - Pine Tar Soap

Coconut oil, palm oil, purified water, pine tar (Pinus Palustris) oil, vegetable glycerin

on 4/12/2017 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

The package and soap is way too small for the price BUT if you have acne this will clear it up quickly.

on 3/31/2017 2:21:00 PM

Just got this today had to hunt it down at GNC store. It was 3.99 for the 3.25oz bar. I haven't used it yet but I have high hopes for it. It's a nice bar it looks luxury but the smell...it stinks like road tar and cacharel anais anais perfume mixed. I am just curious to try because I keep getting contact dermatitis and I use a cream from the doctor but it keeps coming back. I will update after use but alls I can say now is the smell is wretched almost nauseating. *UPDATE* So I used the soap and I can honestly say that it is like showering in pure luxury. The lather is sooo nice and silky smooth. The smell goes away when the bar is wet so the smell was not an issue. When I rinsed my skin felt like silk and after I dried off same thing. The bar only stinks like burning car tires when it is dry. I want to use it on my hair because if it leaves my hair the way it left my skin then i have found the perfect shampoo. Plz give this a try it is a really nice soap.

on 12/14/2012 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily, acne prone skin and I've spent tons of money over the years trying to cure. For $4 I've finally found something that has blown everything I've ever tried out of the water. I've been using the pine tar soap for a month and my skin has drastically changed. It's finally smooth and most of my acne is gone. I havn't had clear skin since before puberty (I'm currently 28) so this is pretty exciting for me.

My skin care regimen consists of the pine tar soap (which I use with my Clarisonic using the deep pore brush), Aztec Secret Indian Clay as a mask, and Jason's Natural aloe vera gel as a mositurizer. I've tried all separately and the combination of all three is what worked.

I havn't been able to find it in a store where I live so I'm forced to purchase online. I've seen it on vitacost for the cheapest which will run you just under $4 (if interested I do have a code for $10 off first purchase. I won't post it in my review because I don't believe in pimping out codes)

But honestly.. I believe everyone suffering with acne which they can't clear should atleast give this soap a try. Do note that I tried Grandpa's thylox soap and the pine tar is much better.

Last point: It will make your bathroom smell! But I'm happily ignoring that fact because the soap has worked miracles for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Ive been using this Soap Bar for about a month to remove my makeup before I use CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser. I had a horrible reaction to a sunscreen that resulted in cystic acne all over my chin and jaw line about 4 months ago. Its slowly healing and I think the Pine Tar Bar + Cleanser has helped the process along.

Pine Tar Oil is used as a treatment for skin irritations like psoriasis, Eczema, PUPPS, rosacea, acne and Dandruff. The soap is gentle enough to use on my sensitive skin and isnt overly drying. I use a very small amount - wet my hands and rub one side with the bar - and it removes all of my makeup easily. I was weary of the Coconut Oil in the bar, but my skin has tolerated it well. I think using a small amount is key.

The only down side to this product is the smell Its a lot like burning wood, with a hint of something less pleasant. The smell dose not linger on your skin very long, thankfully. I actually dont mind the smell anymore. I guess you get used to it, or after you use a little and get to the inner part of the bar it isnt as strong? lol I LOVE the packaging. It has a very interesting Vintage feel to it. I wish I could buy this brand in a store, but it's only available online. I bought it for $2.25.

INGREDIENTS: coconut oil, palm oil, purified water, pine tar oil (Pinus palustris) and vegetable glycerin.

Just the Basics. All Natural. NOT tested on Animals. Creosote Free.

on 5/14/2014 1:14:00 AM

the scent of this soap is pretty polarizing, but I love it! It has the smell of slightly charred bacon and a pine wood campfire. TIt lathers really well, and the scent doesn't stick around long after a shower.
IT HAS WORKED ABSOLUTE WONDERS!!! I have been using it for about 3 weeks now and this eczema stuff is almost gone. I have sensitive but acne prone skin, there was no cleanser out there that I could find that I did not react to. Expensive to cheap I tried them all and they either made me break out worse or turned my skin into a red peeling mess. Then a close friend said that they knew someone who had tried this type of soap and had great results, I was hesitant because it does have a different smell (the liquid soap is has a much stronger scent than the bar soap)but after seeing what it does for my skin I didn't care. The smell does not stay on your skin, you only smell fresh and clean after bathing with it.

***I got my soap on iherb.com. Use code OPI483 to get $5 off discount! ***I hope this helps someone.