Ben Nye Pressed Eye Shadow (ALL)

Ben Nye Pressed Eye Shadow (ALL)
Pressed Eye Shadow (ALL)

4.9

on 5/13/2017 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love neutral matte powder eye shadow. i use Cork, espresso, cocoa brown and banana regularly. This is one of the best powder eyeshadow brands I've ever tried. I am NC 30-35, Asian combination skin with very oily eyelids (I am a fan of WnW eye shadow primer). Cork is the perfect neutral shade if you want a yellow toned medium brown. In the separate Ben a nye cork eyeshadow listing, the review by loverofmineralmakeup described Cork as something like the perfect universally flattering rich matte medium brown (yellow undertones) and similar to MAC cork. Good pigment, Little fall out, not much dusting/kickback and a generous amount of product. From CameraReady Cosmetics, it's 9 USD for a 3.5 g refill and a quad palette I think is 4USD.

Note: if, like me, you decide to customize your own palette, the shades espresso and cocoa brown are somewhat similar therefore having both is a bit redundant (however espresso is cooler, cocoa brown is warmer redder). For some reason the espresso swatch in the stock photo above looks really red. IMO, it's not as red IRL. With the addition of Inglot duraline, and the shade of your choice, you can also have a lifetime supply of eyeliner that dries and holds well. banana is a nice base for paler people (a highlighter for my skin tone or darker). Banana is somewhat like WnW brulee but warmer (IMO not as yellow as in the pan and not as dark as in the stock photo.

on 11/15/2015 12:35:00 AM

Previous reviewers have commented on how difficult these are to find. Good News ladies! They are available from Mallatt's Pharmacy in Madison WI. Mallatt's has an online store and it appears they will ship anywhere you need them to. Mallatt's is a long-established pharmacy that has specialized in costumes and theatrical supplies for many years. It looks like their online store is fairly recent.

I'll be honest here. I haven't yet used the BN eye shadow, but previous reviewers rave AND BN has matte eyeshadow in blue-grey shades. I've been looking everywhere for this shade, especially in matte. I'm 60 and the sparkly, shimmery stuff just emphasizes the eyelid creases. I also want blue tones (the current fad of "neutral brown/gold" just makes my blue eyes look totally washed out) - but I don't want vivid, electric, dark blue tones which seem more suitable to nightclubbing. I'm looking forward to trying the BN shadows.

on 1/1/2013 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree with the reviewer below. I don't understand why these eye shadows don't get more love! They are amazing for the price. Being a professional line, they are generally found in theatrical supply stores, many of which are online as well (Frends, Naimies, CameraReadyCosmetics, Int'l Funshop, just to name a few...) I have a few of these and can't wait to get my hands on more. In general, the "Pressed Eye Shadows" are all matte in both neutrals and brights and come in the larger 36mm size. You can get them in either pots with the black matte rubberized coating or in refill pans and they sell 4, 8 and 12pan palettes. (The Lumiere line consists of the metallics and shimmers).
The texture of these are smooth, almost creamy and for mattes are not difficult to blend so they're easy to work with. They're also quite pigmented so these will last a long, long time.
At posting, I generally found the pricing to be around $8 for refill pans and $9 for pots though it may vary but that's within the US. (I tend to shop online. I'm sure these are more in Canada, I just haven't had the chance to find out in person. The closest theatrical store to me is a good hour's drive.)
Also, I found a great Australian site that has actual pictures, not just colour swatches of the shadows, which can be found here: http://www.scottysmakeup.com.au/Search.html

Also, you may not find every shade at every store. I had to shop around a little to get the ones I wanted, but they're worth the effort.

on 9/1/2014 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Very matte, very neutral shades. These are superb offerings for those of us who want simple, natural looking daily makeup. While Ben Nye does have Lumiere shimmer eyeshadows I think that the formula of the mattes is divine and rivals what used to be my favorite, UD mattes. I have switched over all my eyeshadow now to Ben Nye. I originally purchased the Essential Eyeshadow Palette and worked with that for quite awhile and then purchased a 12 well palette and filled with other choices for eyeshadow and blush. These blend well, stay on all day, look chic and sophisticated. They can be applied heavy for a dramatic look or sheerly for everyday makeup. Ben Nye offers very natural neutral colors and also some bright and deep colors in the blue and purple categories. There should be something for everyone.

on 3/13/2013 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

These shadows are a steal for the price. I just wish they were more readily available. I highly recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought mine in the refillable pan and put them in a Z palette. Love all of the shades I have. Love the wide selection of matte shades, and the luimieres look great too. Great for the price! I will be buying more.

on 8/15/2012 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Brilliant color and loooong lasting

I have this in Raisin. I absolutely love this shadow and color. I use it as more of a transition color between my browbone and crease, but it also makes a lovely lid color. I'm always surprised to see so few reviews about Ben Nye products. The are superb quality at ridicilously cheap prices.

These shadows will last all day with a primer underneath. I have been out in crazy heat and humidity and this stuff will-not-budge! It blends very easily and you get a lot of product. I can't wait to try some more colors.