LUSH Eyes Right Mascara

LUSH Eyes Right Mascara

3.6

Triticum Vulgare, Water (Aqua) , Japan Wax (Rhus Succedanea), Stearic Acid, Talc, Triethanolamine , Carnauba Wax (Copernicia Cerifera), PVP, Iron Oxides, Methylparaben

on 5/29/2017 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This mascara wasn't bad if you know what to expect. I have very short sparse Asian lashes and prefer a mascara that is gentle on irritable eyes and DOES NOT clump, While giving me more lash oomph. I am not someone who uses more than one coat or a bajillion strokes of mascara. This formula does not clump because it's rather wet (so let it air dry a minute before putting contacts or glasses on), it defines and creates more length and a little more volume. It's easy to remove but can smudge a little by the end of the day. I however don't have a problem with that because I don't put mascara on my lower lashes and even when it smudges it's not too sloppy. It's not going to give you vavavoom dolly eyes though, so know what to expect

I really love this product. It is my every day mascara. I love the little brush. It is a great black, not clumpy, easy to apply and easy to remove. It makes my lashes look long and my eyes open. It isn't as 'natural' as is claimed but it is cruelty free so unless you are allergic to any over the ingredients it is pretty good over all.

on 12/29/2016 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

It's wonderful if you like this stuff because it work well for you, but if you like it because some vague advertising led you to believe it was "chemical free" (which is impossible; Everything is a chemical because everything is made of matter ); or "natural", then you have been mislead.

This contains Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP), which is a synthetic film-former used in countless other cosmetics, including mascara and hair spray, from every brand name in existence. Iron oxides are synthetic. The much-feared, yet mostly harmless preservative, Methylparaben, is absolutely not natural, and there have been studies that suggest it may react negatively with UVB. (Toxicology. 227 (1–2): 62–72. doi:10.1016/j.tox.2006.07.018. PMID 16938376; Chemical Research in Toxicology. 21 (8): 1594–9. doi:10.1021/tx800066u. PMID 18656963.)
LUSH categorizes these ingredients as "safe synthetics", because the FDA, Health Canada, EMA, CFDA, MFDS, CDSCO and every other food and drug regulatory agency in existence says they are safe to use, at specific concentrations, in cosmetics. It is illegal internationally to formulate with and/or sell "unsafe synthetics" in any cosmetics, anywhere. LUSH gets their formulas from manufacturers who get their ingredients from Sederma, and Symrise, and Lucas Meyer, and Croda, and Givaudan, and GreenLabs, and Ecochem...and thousands of other cosmetics chemicals productions companies and suppliers...just like every other company in the world; big or small.

If, like me, you happen to run into a LUSH SA that tells you this mascara "makes your lashes grow", and you're in a particularly crabby mood, you could threaten to sue him/her for making claims about ingredients seemingly intended to be used as drugs ( intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease and/or articles intended to affect the structure or any function of the human body), which is a violation of FDA regulations. The FDA is getting more aggressive about actions against cosmetics brands that claims their products perform like drugs (http://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/ComplianceEnforcement/WarningLetters/ucm081086.htm), and LUSH Company (via website) definitely does not make eyelash growth claims.

Eyes Right Mascara is okay for darkening eyelashes and adding a little curl. I would buy it if it was on a reallly good sale, and I'd use it if I got it for a gift. It doesn't irritate my eyes, but I'm not allergic to Talc. It's not bad...it's QUITE a bit like Maybelline Great Lash (but Great Lash doesn't contain Talc). If you're looking for a "natural" mascara without Talc, try Pacifica Stellar Gaze! (I love it)

on 12/28/2016 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I actually didn't think it was all that bad. I actually kind of liked it. No chemicals, nourishing formula. I read the tag. "Wheatgrass?"

Heh. That made it sound really eco friendly and got me all excited about it.

Now the price is a bit pricy. Kind of expensive for its quantity (5grams)...but I guess the ingredients may have paid up for it.

I pulled it out of the glass bottle (Which can break and you can't take it on trips, by the way.). The brush is really short. It is rather harder to use....

And It doesn't really clump, which I loved,

But I used it, and came back home to see the mirror and finding myself smudged all over my eyes.

Scared the living life outta me...

It's not waterproof, not even the tiniest bit..

But it does condition your lashes,

And easy to wash off with just warm water.

It was okay overall...

on 7/29/2016 10:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this mascara makes my lashes feel so soft after i remove it off. i love the tiny brush, though it's a pain when you're in a hurry. It's perfect for everyday if you already have long/nice lashes and want just a little something to open up your eyes. not really buildable, unless u like the clumpy-look. Because it's too liquidy as others mentioned, i find that it works best under an eyelash primer ( I use the dior 3D maximizer) to prevent it from smudging all over your eyes (specially if you live in a humid weather or have oily skin). Overall, i like it, but with an eyelash primer to prevent smudging.

on 2/13/2016 1:40:00 PM

I don't usually take time to write reviews on products, but this mascara was TERRIBLE. Now don't get me wrong, I love LUSH as a company that promotes cruelty-free practices and offers many vegan products, hence why I wanted to try their makeup line and started with the mascara. First of all, the packaging is just bizarre- why have mascara in a tiny little bottle with a tiny little brush that is impossible to use? It's too close to the handle to actually be able to apply the product to your lashes. So, because I want to try it, I grabbed a normal mascara applicator wand from Sephora and used that instead. Not the huge deal. Problem solved. Now when I applied the mascara (after applying eyeshadow and face makeup), it was very wet and messy. I have never encountered a mascara that is this runny. It was extremely difficult to apply even with a normal wand because of the consistency. It also took a long time to dry, long enough that you can't not blink for that long and the mascara got all over my eyeshadow and beneath my eyes. It also applies very wet and as a result my lashes all stuck together as if I had gone swimming with non-waterproof mascara. It literally looked as though I had gone for a swim they way it goes on and then dries, especially since it gets all over the place. It offers zero lengthening, zero volume, and makes your lashes a touch darker, but otherwise it looks like you went for a swim and have no mascara left on your lashes. I was unable to build up the volume and lengthening by applying more coats, it is just too runny and messy. In my personal opinion, this product is not worth what they charge and does nothing for your lashes. It is not worth struggling to apply it and cleaning up the mess around your eyes and looking like you have no mascara on at all in the end. Very disappointed since I do like their other products.

This is an absolutely worthless mascara, smudges every time. If you have runny eyes like me, you will not be happy with the result. Moist air or a drizzle will make you look like a panda which could only be useful for halloween. Lol.

on 8/18/2015 7:49:00 AM

This isn't for me but that doesn't mean i'm going to review it badly because it isn't a bad product.

The good parts:

Cute bottle packaging
Chemical free
No clumps
Nourishing formula
Natural look
Soft lashes

The bad parts:

Brush is short and i smear it on my eyelid every time
Smudges like crazy
No drama to speak of

This is a running around doing errands mascara or a sensitive eyes mascara but it's not my ideal formula i'm afraid. I have short lashes though and for people with long naturally lush lashes this is probably going to be a total winner.
I like it, it just doesn't tick all my boxes unfortunately.

on 4/28/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was given this mascara as a gift, so I can't speak to the price, but this is the WORST mascara brush EVER.

I've been using brushes from different tubes of mascara to apply this product. It goes on well and is only slightly prone to clumping. I have not had any issue with smudging and it is easy to remove with soap and water. I'm just generally very meh toward this product. There is too much competition for me to waste my time on this dud from Lush.

on 1/6/2015 12:56:00 PM

Love the brush, great for a natural look or you can layer it for thick fake looking lashes. Handy size for travelling and lasts ages despite only being small. Also great as I have sensitive eyes this doesn't contain lots of different chemicals and is easy to remove.