LUSH Eyes Right Mascara

LUSH Eyes Right Mascara

3.6

on 7/29/2016 10:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this mascara makes my lashes feel so soft after i remove it off. i love the tiny brush, though it's a pain when you're in a hurry. It's perfect for everyday if you already have long/nice lashes and want just a little something to open up your eyes. not really buildable, unless u like the clumpy-look. Because it's too liquidy as others mentioned, i find that it works best under an eyelash primer ( I use the dior 3D maximizer) to prevent it from smudging all over your eyes (specially if you live in a humid weather or have oily skin). Overall, i like it, but with an eyelash primer to prevent smudging.

on 2/13/2016 1:40:00 PM

I don't usually take time to write reviews on products, but this mascara was TERRIBLE. Now don't get me wrong, I love LUSH as a company that promotes cruelty-free practices and offers many vegan products, hence why I wanted to try their makeup line and started with the mascara. First of all, the packaging is just bizarre- why have mascara in a tiny little bottle with a tiny little brush that is impossible to use? It's too close to the handle to actually be able to apply the product to your lashes. So, because I want to try it, I grabbed a normal mascara applicator wand from Sephora and used that instead. Not the huge deal. Problem solved. Now when I applied the mascara (after applying eyeshadow and face makeup), it was very wet and messy. I have never encountered a mascara that is this runny. It was extremely difficult to apply even with a normal wand because of the consistency. It also took a long time to dry, long enough that you can't not blink for that long and the mascara got all over my eyeshadow and beneath my eyes. It also applies very wet and as a result my lashes all stuck together as if I had gone swimming with non-waterproof mascara. It literally looked as though I had gone for a swim they way it goes on and then dries, especially since it gets all over the place. It offers zero lengthening, zero volume, and makes your lashes a touch darker, but otherwise it looks like you went for a swim and have no mascara left on your lashes. I was unable to build up the volume and lengthening by applying more coats, it is just too runny and messy. In my personal opinion, this product is not worth what they charge and does nothing for your lashes. It is not worth struggling to apply it and cleaning up the mess around your eyes and looking like you have no mascara on at all in the end. Very disappointed since I do like their other products.

To Read all 36 Reviews, Login or Join

This is an absolutely worthless mascara, smudges every time. If you have runny eyes like me, you will not be happy with the result. Moist air or a drizzle will make you look like a panda which could only be useful for halloween. Lol.

on 8/18/2015 7:49:00 AM

This isn't for me but that doesn't mean i'm going to review it badly because it isn't a bad product.

The good parts:

Cute bottle packaging
Chemical free
No clumps
Nourishing formula
Natural look
Soft lashes

The bad parts:

Brush is short and i smear it on my eyelid every time
Smudges like crazy
No drama to speak of

This is a running around doing errands mascara or a sensitive eyes mascara but it's not my ideal formula i'm afraid. I have short lashes though and for people with long naturally lush lashes this is probably going to be a total winner.
I like it, it just doesn't tick all my boxes unfortunately.

on 4/28/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was given this mascara as a gift, so I can't speak to the price, but this is the WORST mascara brush EVER.

I've been using brushes from different tubes of mascara to apply this product. It goes on well and is only slightly prone to clumping. I have not had any issue with smudging and it is easy to remove with soap and water. I'm just generally very meh toward this product. There is too much competition for me to waste my time on this dud from Lush.

on 1/6/2015 12:56:00 PM

Love the brush, great for a natural look or you can layer it for thick fake looking lashes. Handy size for travelling and lasts ages despite only being small. Also great as I have sensitive eyes this doesn't contain lots of different chemicals and is easy to remove.

on 10/22/2014 4:53:00 PM

This is my favourite mascara ever! I've always found that by the end of the day my eyes are watery and red... Not with this product. My eyes are happy all day, and it comes off really easily when I wash my face. It does not smudge under my eyes like other mascaras do, even waterproof ones! It applies very smooth and I never have any clumps. The brush feels weird the first few times but now I love how short it is because I have much more control. I usually do two coats and this stuff lasts me way longer than any other mascara. It's really easy with the small brush to apply just to the outer corners as well, which I like rather than applying multiple coats all over. I hope Lush makes this forever!

on 8/31/2014 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really undecided on this product...

It is very natural looking and very good for day-to-day wear. It leaves lashes very soft, and has a great colour. I don't overly mind that the wand is very short, but I'm not a huge fan of the wand itself - by this i mean the bristles. I find that the shape of the wand/the bristles are not as good as many others I have tried.

The product takes a long time to dry. I find I have to be very careful for a long time after application to avoid getting it everywhere.

One thing I REALLY love is that it can also be used as a gel eyeliner. Goes on and stays on beautifully. I prefer this as an eyeliner than as a mascara.

At the end of the day, I'm very undecided as to whether I would re-purchase this. The high price is a deterrent, and even though it is really good and natural for lashes, I think I would need more convincing to buy this again

This has to be the worst packaging on a cosmetic product ever! I donít mind the brush being short, but the rim of the cap is very wide and so itís extremely difficult to get the wand anywhere near your eyes without leaving smudges everywhere. I was so disappointed that I returned it to the shop for a refund. Even the Lush manager agreed that the packaging was terrible and admitted that the other SAís bend the wand to a right angle to get it to function. Canít comment on the quality of the product as I didn't get to use it.

This would be my HG mascara if it was even mildly waterproof. It is not waterproof at all. If it is raining outside, this will smear down your face. If you cry, you will lose it all. If you get watery eyes, prepare to have some smearage. Thus, I only wear this if I'm not PMSing and if there is no forecast of rain. It's kind of sad when you have to check the weather before choosing your mascara. Seriously.

PROS
- does not create clumps
- darkens and lengthens
- leaves lashes feeling soft
- lashes feel stronger and healthier after using

CONS
- not waterproof AT ALL.
- glass bottle isn't safe for travel (or allowed on planes, right?)
- extremely short brush/wand

I only do one coat, so this gives no volume. Other reviewers mention that it is buildable. I cannot confirm because I have not tried it. If you have short and few eyelashes and you only want to do one coat, this is NOT the mascara for you.