COVERGIRL Professional Curved Brush Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
COVERGIRL Professional  Curved Brush Mascara

3.3

I got the brown/black waterproof version and like it for what I want...defined lashes that are not too black for a natural perfected look. Does not smudge or flake on me, but I did get the waterproof version for that reason.
I got this for $2 @ big lots, so they must be discontinuing it...there were many other cover girls mascaras there from the professional line. So if you have an old time favorite, make sure you stock up now.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is a very affordable (less than $5 mascara @Walmart) which does the job and honestly I don't notice a difference compared to more expensive drugstore mascaras I used. It doesn't do much for length, but it curls and defines, and adds a bit of length&volume. I like the curved brush. I should say that if you're looking to make a bold statement, this probably is not your best choice, but if you're looking for a more defined yet natural look, this is it :)

I purchased the waterproof version of this mascara to try while going on a vacation to the Smoky Mountains, keeping in mind I was going to be outside a majority of the time. When I first applied it, I was pleasantly surprised-- it looked good! Not too runny, and I was able to build a lot of length (the volume, however, was nothing amazing). After an spending a day zip lining and white water rafting (and essentially getting my head shoved underwater repeatedly by waves!) in 90 degree weather, I was nervous to see how I would look. A trip to the bathroom revealed my lashes were still nearly perfect! Still curled and very long. There was a little smudging and flaking under my eyes, but nowhere near enough to justify all the crazy activity I had done that day. This is definitely my new go-to waterproof mascara. Will be buying again!

on 3/15/2013 9:26:00 AM

When I curl my eyelashes, the curl starts to fall out pretty quickly. By the end of the day, there's barely any bend left. The best thing about this Cover Girl mascara is that it helps my eyelashes stay curled all day long.

This lengthens but doesn't thicken the lashes much, which is fine with me. Gives a very natural, but polished look. Because it doesn't thicken, you also don't have to worry about clumping. I don't have to comb the lashes afterwards because they aren't sticking together.

Haven't had any flaking or smearing. None. Nothing. Nada.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really disappointing product... No more drugstore mascaras...
The brush is too stiff to apply any product to the lashes, makes absolutely no difference at all. And even worse, it smudges,all over.

on 8/16/2012 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

okay so i have the other version of this... the straight wond, not the curved. i ADORE the formula and i saw that it comes in a curved wond version, so i wanted to be adventurous and try the curved one thinking it would be even better... aaaaaaand i wasted my money. its peculiar how the wond makes such a difference ! it literally makes your lashes stick straight out. right when you put it on they droop instantly. will not hold a curl and makes it look like i dont even have eye lashes. HATE the curved version. but like i said the same exact mascara, just the straight wond is 1000000% better. TRUST ME.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product based on the raves on total beauty. It was voted one of the best mascaras in drugstores since it does everything. I bought mine from CVS at about 5 dollars. I can honestly say I didn't see a huge difference from the other CG mascaras I've tried but it's far better. It comes in a tube that I really like (not big like the other CG mascaras) slim and blue. The curved brush is great in getting the corners -definitely better than a straight brush. Also it didn't dry out my lashes or harden them making them crunchy.

It's an overall good mascara. It adds volume, darkens lashes, doesn't make them crunchy or flake and is affordable. It's great to look natural but not to make a statement which I'm always inclined on doing! If could lengthen, then I'd give it 5 lippies!