Cover Girl Professional Curved Brush Mascara

Cover Girl Professional  Curved Brush Mascara

3.7

on 12/17/2013 9:23:00 AM

This is the first cover girl mascara that I was disappointed in. It was I think 6.99 at cvs.... which is the lower end for cover girl mascara. This formula clumped my lashes with two coats and flaked terribly. Flaky mascara is a deal breaker for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really disappointing product... No more drugstore mascaras...
The brush is too stiff to apply any product to the lashes, makes absolutely no difference at all. And even worse, it smudges,all over.

on 8/16/2012 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

okay so i have the other version of this... the straight wond, not the curved. i ADORE the formula and i saw that it comes in a curved wond version, so i wanted to be adventurous and try the curved one thinking it would be even better... aaaaaaand i wasted my money. its peculiar how the wond makes such a difference ! it literally makes your lashes stick straight out. right when you put it on they droop instantly. will not hold a curl and makes it look like i dont even have eye lashes. HATE the curved version. but like i said the same exact mascara, just the straight wond is 1000000% better. TRUST ME.

I NEVER go for curved mascara wands but I got this on sale. It is really dark (I have the black) and the brush does separate my lashes nicely but I don't see any curling. In fact they almost seem straighter then usual? My go to is the cover-girl professional in the pink tube (I think it's the thick formula) so once this is gone I'll go back to that.

on 6/27/2014 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is fine, but, as others mention, definitely not the best. The curved brush is poorly designed and makes it more difficult to coat each lash, rather than easier. I find that this product wears off quickly during the day and can't be built up to be more noticeable. It's fine in a pinch, and I like that it doesn't look flecks under my eyes or smudge, but I don't recommend it and wouldn't repurchase it.

on 1/9/2014 1:04:00 PM

This mascara is ok, but it's not the greatest. Usually I'm a sucker for a curved brush, but not in this case. The brush makes it impossible to get enough product onto your lashes without getting it all over your eyelid and underneath your eyes. Maybe the straight brush version is better, I've never tried it. It does look ok when you can get it to work, but honestly it didn't really add any length or volume to my lashes, it just kind of made them look more visible. It didn't clump however, which is always a plus. It's just much too natural looking for me. It would be great for a no-makeup makeup look, if that makes any sense!

on 10/13/2013 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This isn't a bad mascara. It applies nicely, and I didn't have any trouble with smudging or clumping. The curved wand is pretty good too. I like more of a dramatic look, and you can't really build this Cover Girl mascara up.

It gives a natural look for sure! It adds a little length, and a little volume. I purchased this mascara in Very Black, but it didn't darken my lashes much. Adding several coats still didn't do enough for my lashes.

To me, this was an underwhelming mascara, but it doesn't cost much (around $5 US). I think this mascara would be ok for someone that wants a very natural look.

I got the brown/black waterproof version and like it for what I want...defined lashes that are not too black for a natural perfected look. Does not smudge or flake on me, but I did get the waterproof version for that reason.
I got this for $2 @ big lots, so they must be discontinuing it...there were many other cover girls mascaras there from the professional line. So if you have an old time favorite, make sure you stock up now.

on 10/22/2014 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A nice surprise. Bought this when my tarte Amazonian clay mascara dried out too quickly. For a cheap mascara I really like it. No clumping, not watery, no fragrance. It lasts all day and I have trouble with oily lids. I agree with the other reviewers that it really isn't a dramatic mascara but can be built up a bit. Does hold a curl well. I liked it for lower eyelashes, good definition while making mine look fuller not spider like. Totally like that you can pick up at any drug or big box store in a pinch.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I honestly like this mascara.

I usually prefer a more natural eyelash effect, rather than dramatic length and volume. Considering my lashes are already pretty long, I don't wanna have them ridiculously fanned out, or anything. If I wanted exaggerated eyelashes, I'd wear false eyelashes (Which i've never worn, and scared to try.)

About the wand, I prefer it over the straight ones, considering my hands can be pretty shaky, and the length of it fits my eye perfectly.

I haven't tried the repackaged mascara, I have a tube of it now, unopened. Hopefully, the formula hasn't changed too much. It's not gloopy, or too dry, but just right for me.

Popular Mascaras