Uncle Harry's Toothpastes - Tooth Powders

No Image

on 12/7/2014 4:47:00 PM

I used it a few times and threw it away because it made me gag every time I used it. The taste is awful but it did leave my teeth feeling pretty clean. Didn't like the jar either because it's hard to get it out...I give it 3 stars because it's all natural...

on 10/27/2012 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yeah this stuff is pretty good. I, like the reviewer below, decided to do something after the cavities my dentist found. A painful $1400 later, I knew there had to be some other way- a natural way to remineralize my teeth and get them healthy. Did you know that glycerin is really bad for your teeth? It coats them, not letting any of the "good" ingredients in toothpaste (if there is such a thing in commerical toothpaste in the first place) to bond and strengthen your teeth. After tons of research, I found Uncle Harrys, and got the remineralization kit. I also got the bee propolis which DONT ever get. That stuff stuck to my teeth like crazy and STAINED them. I only got it because I heard bee propolis does wonders for your gums. Anyways, I like the kit because its natural and my teeth do appear brighter. My only thing is the saltiness...I mean its super salty with mint, and the gums are the best place for anything to get into your blood stream so if you have high blood pressure, not sure if this is good. But then again, I'm no scientist but and all kinds of sodium has to bad? Anyways, great products. I'm interested in getting the whitening kind and other products of theirs.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I switched from drug store toothpaste to Eco-Dent tooth powder but the sodium bicarbonate irritated my gums and gave me ultra sensitivity so I threw away. After discovering that I had four cavities even though I had been brushing my teeth after every meal with Pepsodent toothpastes for years.

Pepsodent was formerly the only toothpaste brand that did not irritate my teeth/gums BUT it obviously gave NO protection at all from cavities. I also found the ultra sweet sugary taste of it a bit suspect. I believe that many toothpastes manufacturers actually put some REAL sugar in their products in order for you to have to keep running to the dentist and using their products indefinitely.
My theory comes from the fact that whenever I flossed in between my teeth after brushing with drug store toothpaste my breath would always smell terrible after a few hours. Eating any sugary product has the exact same effect.

I discovered UH's in a health food store in 2010 and from the get go I no longer had the smell on the floss and no additional cavities. My gums, which were turning brown returned to a healthy light pink, my sensitivity disappeared and strangely I found it harder to fit the floss in between my teeth as my teeth seemed to close tighter together.

UPDATE 2014: UH's products in my bathroom cabinet today are.......

Peppermint toothpaste; very strong wonderful minty taste. Only dab a TINY bit on your toothbrush. People complain about the extra strong taste because they're trying to use it like regular toothpaste and load it onto their toothbrush. Don't try it once and dismiss it. Let your body get used to the taste of not using regular crap toothpaste for at least 2 wks. once you get used to it all regular toothpastes will start tasting like crap!

Peppermint Tooth Powder, great for travelers to take on the plane or just to take with you to work. Milder consistency than the peppermint toothpaste. Takes a little longer brushing to clean teeth. Use just a pinch......

Tooth Suds; tastes EXACTLY like washing your mouth out with soap. The glycerin leaves a slick 'regular toothpaste' feeling over your teeth making them feel not squeeky clean. Tastes so gross. Good punishment for your swearing kids! ......

Aromatherapy Tooth and Gum Elixor; Use as mouthwash, put 1-2 drops on tongue, add a mouthful of water and swish for 30 secs for fresher breath.

**HEY, REMEMBER when your GRANDPARENTS made you BRUSH AFTER EVERY MEAL and you had NO CAVITIES!
I returned to that practice, threw out the sugary chewing gum/mints for 'fresher breath' after meals and...

In addition to brushing once in the morning/night I also take a mini bottle of Peppermint tooth powder to work (with a travel fold up toothbrush from any drug store) and brush after any meals.

The toothpaste (morning/night routine) lasts me 5-7 months. The powder (3-4x a day) lasts me 4-5 months. The Tooth & Gum Elixor I have had for 4 months and it's only about 2mm from the top!

Just using either the toothpaste OR the powder is more cost efficient and smarter than buying a tube of toothpaste that contains SLS, fake sweeteners and killer Flouride that will last you 3 weeks! Your mouth and health will appreciate it.

UPDATE NOV 2016: I go to the dentist once a year for a check up. No cleaning or filings needed. Pink healthy gums. Twice a year I add a pinch of Activated Charcoal onto the brush which does the same job as a dentist clean.

TIP:
1) Save money, buy the Elixor & mix it with water instead of buying UH mouthwash.
2) For a stronger taste & instant elimination of morning/onion/garlic breath use the Peppermint not the spearmint versions. If you find it too strong use the Spearmint. It'll work the same but won't eliminate onion/garlic breath for long.
3) UH sells a Breath Freshening powder (digestive aid). Don't use it. Your breath will smell and taste like a curry+spearmint. Instead buy a little bottle of cardamom pods from any supermarket and chew on one for the same effect ($2.50 for about 300 tiny but strong pods).

Never tried on cinnamon varieties so no word on that.

Popular Other Products