Wella Frosty Ash

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Wella Frosty Ash

1 review

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This product took my hair from it's natural shade of 1B (off black) to a level 6/7 with no pre-bleaching. The ash in this shade took the naturally occurring red underlying pigment in my dark hair and turned it to a more golden shade with no brassy tones. I used to alternate between this color and L'Oreal Les Caramels in the shade UL61 but found the Wella color more economical as I can measure what I need with the Wella tubes. One tube of Wella is good for 2 root touch-ups.

Because this is a high lift color I use this with a 20 volume developer. I apply this to my roots only as the rest of my hair is already lightened and in 25 minutes my roots match the rest of my hair.

My only tip is if you are applying this as an all over color to virgin hair apply it half an inch away from the roots through to the ends, let it process and then go back and apply to the roots itself for the last 20-25 minutes. If you apply it to your roots first and then through the ends you will get very bright roots (hot roots). Overall this is a great color for lightening virgin hair with minimal damage. Highly recommend.