Wella Frosty Ash

Wella Frosty Ash

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This product took my hair from it's natural shade of 1B (off black) to a level 6/7 with no pre-bleaching. The ash in this shade took the naturally occurring red underlying pigment in my dark hair and turned it to a more golden shade with no brassy tones. I used to alternate between this color and L'Oreal Les Caramels in the shade UL61 but found the Wella color more economical as I can measure what I need with the Wella tubes. One tube of Wella is good for 2 root touch-ups.

Because this is a high lift color I use this with a 20 volume developer. I apply this to my roots only as the rest of my hair is already lightened and in 25 minutes my roots match the rest of my hair.

My only tip is if you are applying this as an all over color to virgin hair apply it half an inch away from the roots through to the ends, let it process and then go back and apply to the roots itself for the last 20-25 minutes. If you apply it to your roots first and then through the ends you will get very bright roots (hot roots). Overall this is a great color for lightening virgin hair with minimal damage. Highly recommend.

I had this horrible yellow tinge in my blonde hair that I couldn't get rid of so one day I'm at Sally and I had been eyeing this permanent color for a while and wondered what it would turn out like if I used it as a toner? So I picked a tube up and 10 volume peroxide. I waited til my next bleaching and trim too do it I waited a few days and I finally did it I left it on for about 1hr and I rinsed it with silver shampoo man I looked at myself I was like wtf my hair is violet gray. I sucked it up and three days later I washed it my hair was the prettiest white blonde ever omg I started using this with my platinum routine I had the best hair ever!

Popular Hair Color Products