Mecca Cosmetica - To Save Face SPF 30+ Hydrating Facial Sunscreen

Mecca Cosmetica - To Save Face SPF 30+ Hydrating Facial Sunscreen

4.4

Octocrylene 5% w/w, Phenylbenzimidazole, Sulfonic Acid 2% w/w, Oxybenzone 1.5% w/w, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane 1% w/w. PRESERVATIVES: Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxybenzoates.

on 2/28/2017 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I had a bunch of little sample of this so I've been using them consistently over the past few weeks and I really like this stuff! I always wear sunscreen and this is great for under makeup. It doesnt affect application at all once it's absorbed in, no sunscreen smell and doesn't break me out.

on 2/10/2017 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Me: 32, dry and sensitive skin prone to redness.

What I liked: A creamy facial sunscreen that's comfortable and easy to wear either on its own or under makeup. I wear it over the top of my morning serum and moisturizer. It's a primarily physical formulation but doesn't cause any white cast on my fair olive skin. I'm currently on my second tube of this product, my first lasted around 7 months of daily use (quarter of a teaspoon each time). It's well priced and easy to purchase in Australia - either from your local Mecca store or online via their website. I like the travel friendly and hygienic tube packaging as well. It never causes any irritation or itchiness. It absorbs well and doesn't feel like sunscreen.

What I don't like: It has a light floral fragrance added. While it hasn't caused me any irritation or itchiness, I would rather they had left it out - it's an unnecessary risk factor for sensitive skin.

It's the best facial sunscreen I've found so far! I'll probably stick with it as long as it keeps working so well.

on 11/22/2016 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

*Review of SPF 50 version*
I really like this sunscreen - I'm about to finish my second tube. Chemical based. Its very cosmetically elegant - it doesn't have a sunscreen smell, and doesn't leave a white cast. It has a creamy texture, but absorbs easily and feels moisturising. The only other sunscreen I've encountered that has such a pleasing texture is Ultraceuticals Hydrating formula; however I prefer the Mecca.

on 6/9/2016 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

After using this product for over a year I can safely say this is a reliable and quality product! Currently on holiday in Greece with long days seeing the sites outdoors in hot weather and in the past other sunscreens would have caused me to get blocked pores but with Mecca this is not a problem. I use it alone during the summer and in winter I layer it over a moisturiser. The fragrance has not irritated my sensitive skin. And it blends really easily like a moisturiser; no white cast or oiliness/stickiness. It is also long lasting as I apply once and am covered for the day (obviously it is recommended to reapply, especially after swimming, but I have not gotten burnt with it).

I had a bad reaction to a zinc based sunblock this holiday (probably one of the other ingredients they added) and all over my body is covered in hives from photocontact dermatitis but thank God I used To Save Face on my face because it really did save me. Forever indebted to this product. Will recommend to all!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to LOVE this so much and I kind of do but it does not love me!

Warning for ladies with sensitive skin or issues with sunscreen this may not be the guy for you. While it smells AMAZING, packaging is gorgeous etc, every time I use this within two days I break out in little hives all over my face! For girls with no issues with sunscreen get it because it's super cute and smells nice. Everyone else... ask for samples first or try before you buy.

Woooo finally a sunscreen that doesn't have that sunscreen-y smell! Instead it has a floral scent and is genuinely nice to have on my face, I loathe strongly scented face products since I find them generally overpowering, but this stuff is lovely.
Texture wise it goes on very smooth and leaves a slight sheen that one may describe as a 'dewy glow'. By the end of the day it's more of a 'light slick' but that's nothing a wee blotting paper can't fix.
This product does exactly what it says, hydrates and protects from the sun's rays (which all the way down in NZ are NO JOKE, seriously I spent 10 minutes outside looking for a pair of sunglasses I dropped and my arms and shoulders turned a lovely shade of lobster-don't be sun dumb like me.) I can pop this product on after my moisturiser (or oil) and I'm good to go. It's lightly tinted which I like and the wee tube fits easily in my bag so I always have it handy when I need to reapply. Might seem a bit expensive, but honestly botox is waaaaay more expensive that this and getting needles in my face just doesn't seem appealing, nor does forehead-freeze since I'm quite a eyebrow-communicator.

Pros:
-Nicely scented, not overpowering, doesn't have that typical 'sunscreen-scent'
-Does exactly what it says it does. I have never been burned while wearing this on my face.
-Gives a boost of moisture to my combination skin. If I under-do the moisturiser, this fixes up any remaining dryness.
-Doesn't break me out, which many sunscreens I have previously tried, have.
-Doesn't give me blackheads either. Bonus!
-Little tube is travel-friendly. I have one in my bag and one on my dresser.
-Lightly tinted, helps to even out my skin tone a bit.

Cons:
-Leaves a slight sheen after it is applied. By the end of the day you may be a bit greasy. My advice, invest in some blotting paper.
-Again it is one of those products that is a tad pricey, but if you look at it as a preventative for all the expensive products/procedures you will need to buy to 'fix' or 'correct' the damage UV rays do, it actually works out to be pretty cheap.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

AMAZING!!!! absolutely loving. I use the darker shade and it looks fab on my face.

on 7/31/2015 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought one of the little travel size tubes of this for AU$15, and I am DEFINITELY buying a full-sized one when this one runs out! This is the only sunscreen I've ever used that doesn't either feel like I've slathered lard all over my face or aggravate my sensitive skin. It's so light it doesn't even feel like I have anything on.

Definitely recommend, especially if you're picky about your sunscreen needs. If you're not sure, $15 for a small tube should give you a good idea without shelling out for the big one.

on 11/25/2014 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Finally, a sunscreen for the face that doesn't stink or make me shiny. I bought this from Mecca prior to going OS on holidays. I use retinol, AHAs and BHAs so a facial sunscreen is essential all year round. My trouble was finding a sunscreen that didn't stink like so many of them do and one that didn't make my face shiny/greasy. I also exercise daily and found that even with sports sunscreens they ran and stung my eyes when mixed with sweat.

Enter this sunscreen. It smells great - light and pleasant, the fragrance doesn't linger either. It has a lightweight texture and melts easily into my skin (normal to dry, with some hormonal breakouts that are now under control). No gross sunscreen smell and no shiny greasy face if wearing on its own! I haven't tried it in place of my serum/moisturiser as I don't think it'd be hydrating enough for my skin, but those with normal/combo/oily skins may differ on this. The Mecca SA also told me I could use it as a primer so that's what I've been doing. Goes on easily under my foundation. The packaging (slightly updated from the pic above) is minimalist and chic. I use it only on my face at the moment but it can be used on the whole body. $45 for 100ml which I think is reasonable given the performance of the product and the fact there are plenty of products dearer than this that aren't half as good. It might be a bit steep to use all over and depending on the expiry date, I may consider buying a regular sunscreen from the supermarket for my body. Definitely a keeper though.

on 11/4/2014 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily/combination skin and have avoided sunscreens like the plague as I've always felt they made my skin break out as well as making my face look super shiny. All this has changed thanks to this product. A little goes a long way with this sunscreen, and the end result is a matte like finish that doesn't ruin any makeup you may apply afterwards. It acts both as a moisturiser and sunscreen which is what I love most about it. Has a great smell and applies easily.