Victoria's Secret Body by Victoria eau de parfum

on 8/10/2015 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I caught a whiff of 2014 Body EDP from passing by the display at the VS store on Saturday, and it smelled so pretty!! -- and sensual too. Nice! So I pulled out my bottle and am wearing it on this Aug day. This is the new bottle style, re-released in 2014.

Yes, it's very fresh & pretty, but I resprayed at lunch -- it's midafternoon -- and I now have a dull, nagging headache. (Freesia, I blame you). It's light, fresh, clean, watery, sparkling, pretty -- but also quite strong -- esp at my temples.

Launched (or re-launched?) in 2014, here are the notes, per
"Leaves, Freesia, Water hyacinth"

It's in the same overall category as Pleasures, Romance, the Philosophy Graces, Bond No. 9 Union Square - ie clear, clean, freshly-showered. Which has never really been my category, because I have trouble wearing them, but they're still nice fragrances to me -- and so is Body by Victoria EDP -- esp in passing -- the whiffs are really very nice.

ADDENDUM 5/30/16: Two weeks ago, I was in VS and asked my SA what her favorite was, and she said this one. She said it was like coming out of the shower -- "it's just how you smell", she said. I wore it the next day, and she was right. It's just fresh & pretty -- a good one for work or anywhere you don't want to smell "perfumey". I think I'll wear mine more often.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh this version is terrible - it turns sour on me. I love "the fragrance" version. I think this one is discontinued now.

To Read all 3 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/2/2012 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Introduced in 2012, the Body by Victoria eau de parfum is marketed as a fresh fragrance. Notes include: "mandarin, peach, raspberry leaves, water blossoms on top, with orange flower, ginger lily, magnolia, lily of the valley in the middle, and musk, precious woods, sheer amber, orris in the base." I remember liking the Body by Victoria in the translucent white cylindrical bottle years ago, a dryer sheets or clean laundry fragrance; however it may have been reformulated in the last few years. The Body by Victoria eau de parfum is a different fragrance altogether, not a stronger version of the Body by Victoria of 10 years ago. The BbV eau de parfum is a heady and fruity scent -- I pick up the magnolia, lily of the valley, and raspberry notes the most. After a pleasant initial spritz, it quickly dried down to something I didn't like at all -- very heady, cheap, and disagreeable. Beautiful bottle though. Come on, VS, you can do better!!

Popular Fragrances