PANTENE Color Preserve Volume

PANTENE Color Preserve Volume

3.8

on 1/14/2018 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this shampoo to get me buy until I received my regular Biotera Color Safe shampoo in the mail, my aunt who is a hair stylist has used Pantene to switch it up for years. This shampoo lathered nicely and didn't tangle after washing, which made me think this would be a good buy for me. However, my already fine hair seemed noticeable more fine after one use: very contradicting to what this shampoo initially promises. This shampoo was not for me, but perhaps someone with thicker hair would have more luck?.. Definitely my last gamble with over the counter hair products.

on 8/5/2015 12:20:00 PM

This is one of the best shampoos I've tried.
I recently began to use Pantene (several versions) and compared to anything else, it's amazing.
Rumors of hair loss, wax, and impenetrable build up are overstated. But some people will swear that Nostradamus predicted Pantene's maniacal emergence into this world, destined to leave scorched earth (and hair) behind.
Not so much. The lather is great, I love the fragrance, it cleans my hair well and conditions it enough that it shines and bounces. If one formula doesn't fit, this would because it's light enough to clean effectively while only leaving a trace amount of conditioner on the hair.
If anything changes, I will edit.

Alright. So I tried a couple Pantenes because I had to know what all the hate was about. I bought this, the intensive repair, the Moroccan oil, and the daily detox type (creamy version).
Pantene has a reputation. Either it's being savaged by angry people who allege that wax is deposited on their hair, or hailed by people who say their hair has been transformed. I can understand both sides and here's why: it DOES leave my hair very soft and conditioned, which means it deposits some kind of treatment on hair. When mine dried, it wasn't huge and voluminous but I noticed a distinct wave pattern and ringlets at my shoulders which are most defined when a cleanser doesn't strip them out. Some people might feel like it's not clean. I can tell it IS clean; it just has an extra layer of conditioning along with the matching conditioners I used. It doesn't feel greasy. It feels soft.
Now about the lurking wax: I don't feel like my hair is coated with anything suspicious. It feels tamed, and again, that's because these shampoos are designed to condition while they clean. So it really depends on what you like. If you need that super-clarified feeling all the time, then the conditioning agents might not be pleasant. But for those who want clean AND very soft hair: you don't have to worry about wax. Your hair won't fall out. In fact, these shampoos might help prevent it.
I'm going to continue with these for a week then see how I feel. I do want to add that the lather is really foamy and it's not too difficult in the rinse-out.
EDIT: I can't stop myself. I need to say that these shampoos are AMAZING. I use them with my favorite Suave conditioner and my hair (and skin) feel great. I refute the allegations of wax on hair. Mine hasn't felt this clean and soft in years. And like I said, my skin is silky too. I'm happy.

on 8/1/2012 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using this shampoo on my brunette color-treated hair. It's supposed to preserve your color and give your hair volume... it did neither. My color would look the same using this shampoo than with any drugstore shampoo that is not meant for color-treated hair. The only reason I'm giving it 3 lippies it because it does clean hair nicely and doesn't over dry it. I would recommend this shampoo to someone without color-treated hair. It also made no difference in my hair's volume.