Pantene Color Preserve Volume

Pantene Color Preserve Volume

3.5

on 6/16/2015 7:45:00 PM

Okay, I have been a Pantene user since high school for the most part. About eight months ago I bought this shampoo hoping to preserve my color job. Well ladies, it did nothing in the way of preserving the color on my stray grays. If you want to preserve color, your shampoo cannot contain sodium sulfate in any form....this does. Furthermore, I have just recently realized this shampoo was seriously causing me some major hair loss. Thankfully I (had) thick hair or I would be bald by now. We are talking handfuls in the shower, handfuls after combing, handfulls when running my fingers through my hair. One day on a different shampoo and NO HAIR LOSS. Not to mention I now use half the amount of conditioner I used to and I can actually run my fingers through my hair without getting stuck. Less dandruff, less oily scalp, less itching as well. Research since then has told me to steer clear of any shampoo and conditioner with any type of silicone as it coats the scalp and causes hair fall, along with coating the hair so no moisture cant get into the shaft. A sick cycle leading to dry and brittle hair. Do yourself a favor, throw away any shampoo and conditioners with any type of 'cones', or for that matter sulfates,then never look back!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I didn't notice this shampoo extending the life of my color. It dried my fine, wavy hair ou and caused some flaky scalp, even in conjunction with the matching conditioner. Hated the perfumey smell. Didn't seem to enhance the volume of my hair. Overall, nothing really to recommend this shampoo.

on 1/14/2018 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this shampoo to get me buy until I received my regular Biotera Color Safe shampoo in the mail, my aunt who is a hair stylist has used Pantene to switch it up for years. This shampoo lathered nicely and didn't tangle after washing, which made me think this would be a good buy for me. However, my already fine hair seemed noticeable more fine after one use: very contradicting to what this shampoo initially promises. This shampoo was not for me, but perhaps someone with thicker hair would have more luck?.. Definitely my last gamble with over the counter hair products.

I like this shampoo. It lathers nicely and rinses out good. My hair fades at the same speed it would if I was using a regular non color shampoo though. But this stuff doesn't leave my hair feeling stripped or overly dry.

on 8/1/2012 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using this shampoo on my brunette color-treated hair. It's supposed to preserve your color and give your hair volume... it did neither. My color would look the same using this shampoo than with any drugstore shampoo that is not meant for color-treated hair. The only reason I'm giving it 3 lippies it because it does clean hair nicely and doesn't over dry it. I would recommend this shampoo to someone without color-treated hair. It also made no difference in my hair's volume.

on 8/5/2015 12:20:00 PM

This is one of the best shampoos I've tried.
I recently began to use Pantene (several versions) and compared to anything else, it's amazing.
Rumors of hair loss, wax, and impenetrable build up are overstated. But some people will swear that Nostradamus predicted Pantene's maniacal emergence into this world, destined to leave scorched earth (and hair) behind.
Not so much. The lather is great, I love the fragrance, it cleans my hair well and conditions it enough that it shines and bounces. If one formula doesn't fit, this would because it's light enough to clean effectively while only leaving a trace amount of conditioner on the hair.
If anything changes, I will edit.

on 7/9/2014 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this along with the conditioner. I really like Pantene overall and often return back to the brand after mixing it up for awhile.

Color Safeness: I found this shampoo did not overly strip my salon color and toner. Did it preserve it more than usual, hmmm I would say yes. I wash my hair once sometimes twice a day due to workouts so I would definitely say this shampoo preserves color by not stripping it more than other shampoos. But isn't that all color safe shampoos though? This doesn't add a UV shield like how some supposedly do, but again it doesnt advertise as such.

Moisturizing: It does not moisturize your hair what so ever. What it does it make your hair squeaky clean without it actually being squeaky. Thats how most volumizing shampoos work, they clean the gunk and oil out of your hair. I usually rely on my conditioner to moisturize my hair anyway.

Volumizing: I think it does volumize your hair by what I mentioned in the moisturizing category, this washes all the gunk and oil out of your hair without making it too squeaky.

Overall: I would buy this product again, especially if it has the pump, very convienant and makes the purchase more economical.

on 7/3/2013 7:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have my hair colored and highlighted professionally and between salon coloring I do my roots monthly with Excellence L'Oreal. I have been using this shampoo for about six weeks and like it very much! It cleans & rinses off well. I have fairly thick hair but prefer volume to give my now older face a lift up. I don't notice a difference but at least it doesn't leave my hair flat as some shampoos have done. My color seems fine, at least the shampoo doesn't strip my hair color so that's a plus. Overall I would purchase again.

I actually found this giving me lots of volume. My hair is colored and didnt see a difference with that but I love the smell it lingers throughout the whole day.

on 1/3/2018 7:03:00 PM

I love this and the conditioner! I have wavy baby fine hair which I hate and gets so tangled and snarly it’s almost impossible to tame. This stuff makes my life easier and doesn’t make me want to shave my head. My hair afterwards feels moisturized and not dried out. I also don’t need a 1/2 bottle of detangling solution to get through the rats nest. I know Pantene gets a ton of hate but if it works for you that is all that matters! This works for me.