Pantene Color Preserve Volume

Filtered by age: 25-29
Pantene Color Preserve Volume

4.7

on 8/5/2015 12:20:00 PM

This is one of the best shampoos I've tried.
I recently began to use Pantene (several versions) and compared to anything else, it's amazing.
Rumors of hair loss, wax, and impenetrable build up are overstated. But some people will swear that Nostradamus predicted Pantene's maniacal emergence into this world, destined to leave scorched earth (and hair) behind.
Not so much. The lather is great, I love the fragrance, it cleans my hair well and conditions it enough that it shines and bounces. If one formula doesn't fit, this would because it's light enough to clean effectively while only leaving a trace amount of conditioner on the hair.
If anything changes, I will edit.

Alright. So I tried a couple Pantenes because I had to know what all the hate was about. I bought this, the intensive repair, the Moroccan oil, and the daily detox type (creamy version).
Pantene has a reputation. Either it's being savaged by angry people who allege that wax is deposited on their hair, or hailed by people who say their hair has been transformed. I can understand both sides and here's why: it DOES leave my hair very soft and conditioned, which means it deposits some kind of treatment on hair. When mine dried, it wasn't huge and voluminous but I noticed a distinct wave pattern and ringlets at my shoulders which are most defined when a cleanser doesn't strip them out. Some people might feel like it's not clean. I can tell it IS clean; it just has an extra layer of conditioning along with the matching conditioners I used. It doesn't feel greasy. It feels soft.
Now about the lurking wax: I don't feel like my hair is coated with anything suspicious. It feels tamed, and again, that's because these shampoos are designed to condition while they clean. So it really depends on what you like. If you need that super-clarified feeling all the time, then the conditioning agents might not be pleasant. But for those who want clean AND very soft hair: you don't have to worry about wax. Your hair won't fall out. In fact, these shampoos might help prevent it.
I'm going to continue with these for a week then see how I feel. I do want to add that the lather is really foamy and it's not too difficult in the rinse-out.
EDIT: I can't stop myself. I need to say that these shampoos are AMAZING. I use them with my favorite Suave conditioner and my hair (and skin) feel great. I refute the allegations of wax on hair. Mine hasn't felt this clean and soft in years. And like I said, my skin is silky too. I'm happy.

on 2/7/2015 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love this shampoo! I am a natural blonde who has colored her hair a LOT (going lighter, darker, going red) over the past 5 years so it is fairly damaged. I get a lot of flyaways due to how damaged it is. However I noticed this shampoo makes my hair look a LOT better without weighing it down. I have fine, thin hair and most damage repair shampoo/conditioners would weigh it down making it flat but not this one. I can immediately tell it is repairing my hair as after washing my hair with this shampoo, while still wet it doesn't feel rough and stripped like it does with other shampoos. Even before conditioner my hair feels smooth and healthy. As far as color preservation, it is hard to tell as I use color depositing shampoo 2x a week in between this shampoo/conditioner so my color is constantly being rejuvenated, but I would assume this shampoo is better at color preservation than most since it is so gentle. It doesn't feel like it is stripping my hair and roughing up the cuticle, but rather like it is rinsing away the oil/dirt and sealing the hair shaft. I recommend it if you have fine, limp colored hair that is damaged...you can't go wrong!