Annabelle bb cream

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Annabelle bb cream

3.5

This is my first BB cream, I bought it in light/medium which was the lightest of the two available shades and it is too dark for me. It is a bit on the orange side when it dries and it has a strong smell when it is supposed to be "perfume free". On the upside, it leaves your skin feeling soft and glowing with medium coverage, works great as a base. I just wish that they made it in more than two shades, if there was a lighter option I would repurchase but until then I think I will shop around.

on 5/20/2013 5:49:00 AM

Out of all the drug store BB creams I've tested in-store, Annabelle's is the closest consistency to a real BB cream (through observation, I've never actually used a real Asian BB cream before). It's thicker in texture and actually provides coverage somewhat, unlike all the other watery, "skin tone adjusting", grey/orangey sorry excuses for a BB cream from other popular drug store brands that are more akin to fancy tinted moisturizers (and it's actually yellow enough for those who have yellow undertones). It's a passable BB cream for a decent price, 9-$13 CAD when on sale.

It claims to: blurs imperfections, and improves skin tone brighten, prime, control oil, hydrate, and protect against uvb (but not uva). Also says it's hypo-allergenic, non-comedogenic, pareben-free, oil-free and fragrance-free.

True:
- it covers some redness, evens out skin and brightens a bit but doesn't really "boost skin with instance radiance"/not glowy. It won't completely cover blemishes raised or flat.
- There are silicones in this so it could act as a primer for makeup.
- it won't fix pre-existing flakes but it guess it moisturizes somewhat, I can't tell very well since I get oily.
- there is spf 15 (but this is negligible since you need at least spf 30)

Did not do/other cons:
- did not control oil. I have combination skin and my t-zone got pretty oily when I wear this by itself. A light dusting of powder over it will help a bit but you'll still need to blot.
- the packaging is cheap. Part of the groove that the cap twists into broke off after a few uses. Be careful not to twist too hard to close it.
- it separates a bit sometimes and an oily looking fluid will come out along with the cream. I shake the tube every time I use it now to prevent this.
- only 2 shades, light /medium and medium/dark. It does say that the pigments are supposed to match your skin but usually you should take those claims with a grain of salt.
- no fragrance but smells kind of sourish, from the sunscreen no doubt. You can only smell it when it's wet and you're applying it though.

Overall I really like this BB cream. It's readily available in drug stores and the like (in Canada), easy to use and provides adequate results. It's not long lasting but good for when you don't want to do a full face of makeup or as a primer/base(on top of a mattifying moisturizer) when you want to use less foundation or just concealer and you don't need to use a lot of it (I use about a pea-sized amount, dot it all over and pat it in). You can also apply more BB cream on top of redness in the usual areas that are still visible. It hasn't broken me out, but if you are sensitive to silicones you may want to avoid this as it has quite a lot of silicones in it.

I don't need a BB cream, though it is nice to have on hand and would repurchase if on sale.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I found this BB Cream in comparison to the Marcelle BB Cream had a slightly thinner, lighter consistency and not as much coverage, more light/medium where Marcelle is a solid medium coverage. But it is build able if you let the first layer dry. I usually apply a layer, let it dry and then reapply a bit more to my cheeks. The finish is a lovely satin finish. I love how it perfects my skin without making me look made up. I have dry skin with exception of my t-zone and I found this did not accentuate any flakes, fine lines or dry skin. Just moisturize well prior to applying. This wears well and lasts me through a full day, I only need to blot my t-zone mid day.

I prefer this BB Cream better than the Marcelle because the color suits me better. Since it is more yellow toned it covers my redness better. I am also half Asian so I have more yellow tones to my skin. I have very sensitive skin and this did not break me out or cause my eczema to flare. Overall a great product that has become my daily staple. I purchased this in Med/Dark. For reference I am NC37(winter), NC40(summer).

on 11/1/2012 10:35:00 AM

I really like the Smashbox bb cream but due to price I was looking for a cheaper alternative. I picked this one up on sale for $13.99 which is a good deal for a good amount of product. The cream looks yellow-tinged but my skin is pink-toned & it still matches well. It's very light coverage but enough to even out the skintone & feels nice as well. No miracle product but the price I'm quite happy!

I have had a couple of weeks to test this product and feel that I have a good grasp of what it claims to do, and what it actually does do. This new product by Annabelle is closer to an Asian BB Cream than most of its Western counterparts available today. This product claims to improve skintone and blur imperfections, bring radiance, minimize the look of pores, control shine, provide hydration and protection against UVB rays.

I have to say that I am quite impressed with this, especially seeing that it a drugstore brand and sold at a reasonable price. This retails for $16.99 and is packaged in a sleek black squeeze tube, with a clear strip to show approximate shade (although it does have skin-matching blendable pigments). You get 1.4oz of product rather than your standard 1oz of foundation.

I have this in the shade Light/Medium which matches perfectly with my NC25 skintone. Fair skin ladies may have a hard time, as the base colour seen in the tube won't get any lighter.

I generally have an oily tzone with normal to dry cheeks and have found this to work well. This applies like a thin cream, and dries to a slightly tacky, but matte finish. I like to add a highlighter or sometimes concealer under my eyes, and then set with a loose powder. With the summer heat, and this products hydrating benefits, I'm sure I would be an oily mess without the powder. Currently I do have to blot at the 5 hour mark, but results may change as the seasons do.

This did even out my skin, provide moisture and minimize the looks of the pores on my nose, but did not offer much in terms of controlling the shine on my forehead, nor did it seem to give me any glow and radiance, hence the two lippies off (in addition to lack of shades).

My bet is that this would work well on normal to dry skinned ladies/men, and best for oily skinned girls in the colder months, when your skin generally requires hydration.

Darker skinned ladies/gents will have to look elsewhere, as this is only available in two shades and the darker shade is not that much darker.

This line is also accompanied by a BB powder (a brightening setting powder---has a slight sheen), a concealer (available in 3 shades, quite pigmented, reminds me of Revlon photoready concealer) and a line eraser/highlighter pencil (white end applies clear and fills in lines/wrinkles with a silicone-type product and other end is like Anastasia's brow highlighter).

pros: decent coverage (for a us bbcream), pigmented, smooth, matte finish
cons: yellow toned, cakey, streaky application

this was not the right color for me, and not by darkness but it is VERY yellow toned. i am a neutral skintone and usually within the first 3 shades of a foundation color, this was ok shadewise but tone it was WAY off. it left finger prints when i blended it into my skin, the coverage was light/medium but it looked heavy on the skin. it made my skin look fake, and i don't mean that to say flawless,, just unreal. it settled into any larger pores i had, and it left an overall appearance that i would liken to the heavy cream foundations you would use on a corpse to give them normal looking skin with blood pumping into it. i wouldn't buy this especially not at the 13$ pricetag. for a drugstore product it is more expensive than the maybelline and and loreal ones i have seen. it did have a nice matte-ish finish but it didnt match at all. also a bit of a strange application, when you rub it in vigorously (trying to smooth out the obvious streaking) it actually seemed to become more pigmented and even more yellow looking. a little does go a long way with this one though.