Annabelle bb cream

Filtered by age: 36-43
Annabelle bb cream

on 5/30/2015 11:09:00 PM

This BB cream has a yellow undertone which hides the redness on my face quite well. It also runs a bit dewy (especially for myself - combination to oily skin) so I'd have to set it with powder. I'm NC25 in the winter and NC35 (or so) in the summer. I bought both light and medium dark and I mix them to get the right colour as my skin changes. It's a good product which I would recommend for anyone with combination to slightly dry skin.

on 5/19/2013 9:44:00 AM

I really like the finish and color, I use the light, however I can only use this in the summer because the lightest is still a bit too dark for me in the winter. I use Marcelle in the winter. I like that it has spf 15 and feels moisturizing. Blurs imperfections. i do set this will Marcelle translucent powder. I would repurchase but i think this will last me all summer and by then its back to marcelle.

on 3/31/2013 2:42:00 PM

This was the better of the bb creams that I purchased. Thicker consistency with a nice yellow undertone. It did not break me out which is always a plus! The coverage is fairly sheer, but I am still on the hunt for the perfect bb cream - but this one is close!

on 8/16/2012 4:19:00 PM

Firstly, I am C35 and even darker in the summer, so most Asian BB creams are too dark for me. I am happy that BB creams are finally widely available in North America and I hope for more variety of shades for ladies of color. Now on to my review:

I picked up med/dark, however I could have worn the light/med as well (I tested both). So the good news is if you are darker than me don't fret med/dark will likely still work, so it's worth swatching testers at the drugstore. The coverage is adequate, I would say light, however it has a nice brightening effect. When I first read about brightening abilities my initial thought was, does this mean it'll make my skin look "white" and "ashy" like I'm wearing too light of a foundation on my face? Well, turns out it's not like that at all! The brightening effect, makes your skin tone look more even, close to glowy. You do look a tad lighter but not unnatural like you are wearing a wrong shade of foundation. I like this for the summer. Because of the heat and sweat, I like something that allows my skin to breath and not breakout. With BBC I just apply to face and I've got SPF, light coverage and brightening all in one.

My cons or things to take note of - I found the BB cream can be greasy, almost oily at times. I do not have oily complexion. I think it's the silicone. However this problem was alleviated once I stopped moisturizing beforehand and a dusting of powder helped. However, if you are oily prone, this may be an issue. Lastly due to the light coverage, naturally it is not adequate for all occasions.

Conclusion: Good product for giving skin a break, brightening effects (I do see the difference!) make up for light coverage. Convenience is superb, moisturize, spf, coverage all in one! Overall positive experience with my first BB cream. Curious to try other brands now.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this bb cream in light/medium in a magazine, along with a $3 off coupon. I was leery, as I haven't found a North American bb cream that suited my skin tone or skin type... The sample lasted 4 applications, and I enjoyed it so much, I purchased it. I have used it for over a week now, and am really enjoying it. I have dry skin, that lately, due to hormones, has been sensitive to products (causing break outts). So, I am cautious trying new things.
Side note: I really like MAC Face and Body Foundation (I am shade C1), with a tiny amount of Cover FX Skin Prep under it. But for summer, I wanted to find a single step, with SPF, that I could apply with my fingers and go. Hence the search for a good bb cream.
This product, for me, does what it claims:
- blendable pigments improves skin tone, blurs imperfections - check. This gives light coverage that blends out and blurs red and dark spots without covering them too much and looking cakey. It looks like my skin, much improved. I only use concealer under my eyes (I just purchased their Skin Retouch Crayon to smooth under my eyes and hi-light my tear duct area - will review separately once I have had a chance to use it a week or two...) and a very light dusting of sheer powder in my t-zone, and I look like I have great skin, and no makeup on.
I can even tap a little more into spots for added coverage and it still looks natural.
- boosts skin with instant radiance - check, albeit slight. I don't see an obvious radiance, but, I do see a very subtle glow to my cheeks.
- helps to minimize pores and controls shine - check. I don't have to touch up or blot, ever. I put this on at 6am, and it still looks great at 11pm when I take it off.
- long lasting moisture - check. I always wear moisturizer under foundation, tinted moisturizer or bb cream, as I have dry, tight skin. But with this I can use a lighter day moisturizer and use it sparingly, and my skin feels smooth and hydrated even at the end of a long day. And it never looks or feels greasy.
- protects against UVA/UVB rays - check, although its only SPF 15. I'd prefer 25, but I understand it's difficult to put high SPF in a cosmetic product and keep the same look and feel... (Plus my skin can be sensitive to certain sun blocking agents, so it's a double edged sword...).
I am using light/medium and I find it's the perfect neutral for me. (NW20-25). I don't see the yellow that the other reviewer commented on. (It is more yellow than pink, but I never want any pink in my makeup, even though I have cool-neutral skin). This blends perfectly into my skin tone. Garnier's light was way too orange for me. Too Faced's lightest shade was too light and their second shade a touch too dark (and too dry) for me.
Lastly, and importantly for me, I have experienced no irritation or break-outs since using this product. That is a great bonus, since it is hydrating. I notice no scent, which is often the culprit...
So, overall I'm very happy with this product and I will repurchase. Maybe only in summer, we will see...That is the only reason for 4 lippies, as I haven't used it long enough, or through any other seasons (than summer) to know if it's a HG product for me. I will update once we get into the colder, drier (moisture-stripping) months.

Update/tips:
For those with dry to very dry skin like me, you only need a light application of a lightweight moisturizer under this. For normal skin, you probably don't need any additional moisturizer. For oily skin, this is not your BB cream, sorry. Primer is definitely not needed.
Use your fingers to apply, not a brush or sponge. The warmth of your fingers helps it melt into your skin (disappears, but still covers/blurs imperfections). I usually rub it in, and then pat over my face to blend it further.
Use a small amount. A little goes a long way, and you can add more as needed.
I also like to spray my face with 2-3 sprays of a mist, like MAC Mineral Charged Water and then pat my face again, when I'm all done with my makeup application.
It truly looks natural and flawless this way.
Hope this helps!