Annabelle bb cream

3.7

on 7/29/2014 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I bought this based on the reviews and it's my first BB cream. I really like the consistency of the product and am pleased with the coverage--it's the kind of thing I would wear on the weekends or days when I'm not really doing anything or seeing many people. It went on very smoothly and easily, blended well. I am usually comfortable leaning more towards a medium tone but I find that this product has a bit of an orangey tinge (light-medium shade). It will do for now in the middle of the summer but I'm not sure if it will work when I'm paler in the winter. Once I set it with a loose powder, it looked better. I will use up the product but will not repurchase and will instead look for something that matches my skin better.

Updated 2 months later: this is terrible! I have normal skin and it made me an oil slick each time I used it! I also decided that I can't deal with the orange tint after all, so I only ended up using it a few times and will not continue. The packaging also gets extremely messy--not happy with this at all and I MUCH prefer the L'Oréal Magic BB Cream.

on 12/23/2012 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this BB cream! I picked it up during the summer on a whim -- normally I like to read reviews before I pick up a product like this, but the packaging was so darn similar to the Smashbox BB cream that I just couldn't resist! (I had tried a sample of that one and liked it as well, but can't justify the price.)

This product probably shouldn't suit me, but it does. I'm quite pale (not porcelain, but usually one of the lightest makeup shades), and have cool, pink undertones. This product is yellowish, and the lightest shade is darker than my skin, but as soon as I start blending (I like to use a stippling brush), it disappears into my skin.

I also have somewhat oily skin, and while this does give a bit of a dewy finish, it doesn't make me overly greasy. It stays well, although I do set everything with powder.

It's a bit pricier than most drugstore BB creams, but I would repurchase it. I think it's neat that Annabelle has come out with a whole line of BB products, not just a cream. I love the concealer!

I'd say the coverage is medium. It's not as light as some BB creams. For a North American drugstore BB cream, I'd say the coverage is pretty good, actually. It's buildable too -- I usually put an extra layer over my cheeks where I've got some light acne scarring and it covers pretty well.

I've also gotten compliments on my makeup when I've worn this. Granted, I don't wear foundation every day, so when I do it's more likely to generate comments, but still, a compliment's a compliment, right?

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

Amazing bb cream ive tried. from drugstore to high-end this is a keeper! im super oily and most bb creams dont last, even with powder, but this is different!

PROS:
-amazing oil control
-great lasting power
-spf 15
-good for sensitive, break out prone skin
-sleek packaging

CONS:
-2 shades available
-spf smell

on 11/1/2012 10:35:00 AM

I really like the Smashbox bb cream but due to price I was looking for a cheaper alternative. I picked this one up on sale for $13.99 which is a good deal for a good amount of product. The cream looks yellow-tinged but my skin is pink-toned & it still matches well. It's very light coverage but enough to even out the skintone & feels nice as well. No miracle product but the price I'm quite happy!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I like this one so much better than the garnier bb cream.I think that this still needs a power to set it but doesn't end up anywhere as greasy as garnier.This has a decent coverage and staying power without any shimmer.This also has a squeeze tube and comes with 1.4 ounces way more product than your average foundation.
If you are pretty fair this will be to dark for you even if you go light/medium since it on the darker side

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Annabelle's is my first BB cream and I couldn't be happier! I purchased the Med/Dark and it looks great on my NC35 skin. It replaces my moisturizer, sunscreen, primer and foundation. Olive skinned beauties, give this one a try!

It may be a negative for some but I chose this one over it's well reviewed sister product, Marcelle's BB cream, because of its subtle yellow tone, which is perfect for my Asian skin with redness problems. It's nice to see a cover up product that doesn't have hint of the rosy tone.

Instead of using my Aveeno Brightening Moisturizer followed by my Bare Minerals, I apply about a dime size amount of BB cream with clean hands, patting the product into my skin before using a sweeping to blend it in. Since I have a great deal of redness and acne scars, I use an additional half dime size amount to go over my nose and cheeks. I love the medium coverage and how silky my skin looks afterwards. Since I have dark under eye circles, I pat on a tiny bit of MUFE (6) concealer and top off with my Korres mineral setting powder. This product performed great for my 12 hour day. However, I do have to do a powder touch up mid day, that hasn't changed.

Also important: this product is oil free, no parabens, has SPF and has not broken me out!

There was a $2 off coupon at Shoppers so I picked this up for $14.99, very affordable compared to most bb creams and high performing tinted moisturizers out there (I'm looking at you Laura Mercier).

Reference: MAC NC35, MUFE 127 HD Foundation, Bare Minerals Golden Medium

pros: decent coverage (for a us bbcream), pigmented, smooth, matte finish
cons: yellow toned, cakey, streaky application

this was not the right color for me, and not by darkness but it is VERY yellow toned. i am a neutral skintone and usually within the first 3 shades of a foundation color, this was ok shadewise but tone it was WAY off. it left finger prints when i blended it into my skin, the coverage was light/medium but it looked heavy on the skin. it made my skin look fake, and i don't mean that to say flawless,, just unreal. it settled into any larger pores i had, and it left an overall appearance that i would liken to the heavy cream foundations you would use on a corpse to give them normal looking skin with blood pumping into it. i wouldn't buy this especially not at the 13$ pricetag. for a drugstore product it is more expensive than the maybelline and and loreal ones i have seen. it did have a nice matte-ish finish but it didnt match at all. also a bit of a strange application, when you rub it in vigorously (trying to smooth out the obvious streaking) it actually seemed to become more pigmented and even more yellow looking. a little does go a long way with this one though.