Benzagel 5 Acne Gel

Benzagel 5 Acne Gel

4.3

on 7/26/2017 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Honestly might be too soon to say since i've been using this for about 3 weeks but I have closed comedones and it looks TERRIBLE. Afar skin looks clear but then upclose and in bad lighting it's just these disgusting bumps on my cheeks which look 10x worse with foundation on. I swear i had tried everything from apple cider vinegar, to la roche posay effaclar duo plus the stupid cleanser which was complete garbage, to cinnamon and honey literally you name it i tried it. But this gel has literally saved my life! Initially I couldn't see a difference i was a little disheartened but i kept using it, and i'm in week 2 and a half? And my skin has IMPROVED like given i have a couple pimples (not the bumps) but the bumps have literally vanished like some are lingering the stubborn ones but they aren't in any sense terrible as compared to the ones before. I use this paired with the benzagel wash and i can honestly say it's my HG product just after 3 weeks. Just be very careful with application as it will dry out certain areas of your face, for me it was the little spot under my lip and above my chin but it's all worth it in the end lol. Im hoping by the end of the month ill have the confidence to wear a full face of makeup.

I have dealt with moderate cystic acne for around ten years now, & I've tried everything from prescription medication and topical creams to all natural washes and lotions, oils, and completely ditching makeup; this product is the only thing that I've come across thus far to actually help with my acne. When I first started using this my skin got VERY dry & irritated- you can expect to have red patches, flaky, dry skin, as well as a slight burning/tingling sensation when you start using it. This is normal! Benzoyl peroxide is a harsh chemical and it will do this to your skin. The important thing is to tough it out and after a week or two of irritation, your skin with get used to it and your acne will start to clear. Just make sure you moisturize A LOT to help with the drying. My skin is fairly sensitive as well so my reaction could of been more severe than others.

I'm on my third week of using this product now and my acne has got significantly better already; all my blackheads and whiteheads are gone (and I had a lot) and my cysts have been changing into pustules which are way easier to get rid of. Once they change into pustules, I just keep applying the benzagel morning and night & they dry up within days with no scars. I still have a couple more stubborn cysts from before I started using this that haven't gone away yet, but they are shrinking and are less inflamed & irritated. I'm confident that with consistent use, Benzagel will clear them up in no time.

I've only been using this for a few weeks & I'm already seeing great results; my skin tone is way more even, all my blackheads & whiteheads are gone, and my cysts are fading away with no scarring. My skin doesn't get irritated when I use this now, & I use it morning and night followed by an all natural moisturizer and sunscreen in the morning. I'm almost out of the bottle now (I only bought the smallest one to try it out) but I'll definitely be purchasing more and the larger bottle too.

This review is for the 2.5%!

I started using the 5% at first, but is was really, really drying - which is to be expected. Since it irritated my skin, I found the 2.5% instead. The first week or so was dry and a bit flaky, so be sure to moisturize on top before bed. After the breaking in phase was over I did not experience and stinging, dryness or irritation.

Of course the best part is this treatment keeps my hormonal chin/jaw acne at bay! Even without active breakouts, I apply this to my face every night to ensure it stays relatively clear. Maybe one day I won't have hormonal acne anymore, but until then this does a great job at minimizing the situation!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This really helped me get rid of my acne breakout last year. Yes the stuff is harsh, there was a lot of flaking, but getting rid of pimples is never really pretty unless it decides to clear on its own... Which it wasn't in my case. I use it when I see a pimple popping up and i *feel* like it speeds up the process of bringing it out and getting it over with.. On a few occasions I've seen a bump go away after applying.

on 12/20/2016 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

First time using this product and I absolutely love it, be mindful it tends to dry out your face so instead of putting it all over face,I put it directly on my pimples and by morning those pimples shrink.

I'm currently on my third bottle of this. Yeah the product will eventually dry out the areas you're applying it to, but it's worth it for the outcome. I like to use Spectro sensitive skin moisturizer before I apply the Benzagel or sometimes the morning after. This works better than the 2.5% spot treatment for me, as whenever I use the spot treatment my face burns and has itchy red patches from where I applied it for days after... I have tried it for a few weeks off and on and have come to the conclusion that the 5% acne gel is perfect for my skin type. I have also paired this product with the facewash for when my face is really broken out, and it works really well but very drying.
When I started using this product I had troubled skin and by just using this and a gentle cleanser (when I don't use the benzagel face wash) my face cleared up so well! Now I occasionally get a little break out, but I use this product right away and it's gone in a few days. When my face is clear I like to use it in the areas where I'd typically have a break out.
Hope other people find this helpful :)

on 2/12/2015 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I used this a couple years back and I recall it completely cleared up my acne (my skin responds well to BP in general). Once I felt I had my acne under control I weened myself off BP. My skin stayed relatively clear for a bit, but then one day it just started getting worse and worse. I cleansed diligently, exfoliated, made sure to moisterize and spent countless dollars on acne targeted products, but nothing seemed to be helping.

My acne was clearly hormonal, and my chin area in particular was completely out of control. I was avoiding BP out of fear that it has the potential to accelerate the skin aging process. But seriously guys, the way my skin was breaking out, man I'd take a wrinkle or two in exchange for the mess of pimples that were popping up each day.

I bought this, used it, and within a week about 90% of my pimples were gone! Yes it dries out your skin, but just remember to use this at night and then use a moisterizer in the morning. Once my skin was almost all clear, I switched to using this on single blemish spots only. Seriously this stuff works and has truly brought back a nice clear completion for me. The super relentless acne on my chin still shows up but nowhere near as big and as stubborn as it was before. This was pretty inexpensive as well. It works!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

The only product out there that cleans up zits overnight. I wouldn't go without this product, ever. I put on a lot, and then it gets white and flakes off (that's just the excess), but the flaking does not affect the treatment process because a little goes a long way, it's just that I honestly have never been able to put on "just a little" of anything. Moreover, you can moisturize on top of this and it still works. Should be in the possession of anyone who ever has to deal with problem skin! My HG zit zapper par excellence.

on 12/28/2014 2:17:00 AM

This stuff is great. I use A LOT of it. What I find helps is when you get a pimple, put a big dab of it on to completely cover it - after a few times it'll dry up and go away. It works the same as all benzol treatments, but what I like is that its clear and not too drying.

on 1/18/2015 3:07:00 AM

I love how this gel worked for me !! I have oil ,acne prone skin so I used a whole bunch of cleansers and scrubs and masks before I found this wonderful gel . I first started using it as a spot treatment like it said to use it or the infected areas ... But it wasn't working so well I was also using a oil free lotion to combat oil .... I finally used them together combining lotion and the gel into one ! I used the cetephil oil control lotion . I used it twice a day . Once under my makeup ... And at night time it leave the skin feeling soft almost like a makeup primer I used both products equally , seems like a lot of product but it been working for me for a while and it hasn't stoped even while I have a hormone outbreak . I also use the nuteregena acne wash (Orange foam) cleanser . It's a Must try , hope this helps :)