Candy Doll Carrot Orange

I'm a fan of layering blushers and was looking for a pure orange for a long time. Trust the Japanese to come out with one for their doll make-up.
I use this as a base blush for more peachy oranges.
It's a pure carrot orange which can make me look a little jaundiced if applied on its own.
But it does make a great base blush to bring out peach shades on my slightly tanned Chinese skintone.

Wouldn't repurchase based on the fact I'd probably still be using it in 10 years.
I don't use much and got it on a sale for only RM20 (USD4.10)

on 7/31/2012 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is a true orange blush! not red orange, coral, or peachy or anything with red undertone. it is ORANGE + YELLOW = SUPER ORANGE. my skin is kinda tan and it still looks nice and i think for someone with fair skin would still be a very unique color. there had been a comparison of this and the NYX cinnamon blush that they may be possible dupes. I bought the nyx cinnamon several days ago and these two are definitely NOT dupes whatsoever. other than the fact that they may both be called "orange" the nyx one has a very obvious red undertone that makes it look like any bright coral color on my cheeks. Because this candy doll one has a strong yellow undertone, when it goes onto cheeks that are naturally pink/red, it evens out and turns a normal orange. This this is waaaay too expensive though! 16-20$ for a blush that is literally maybe 1/4 of my palm is ridiculous and the packaging could have been a little cuter. overall I am satisfied with my buy because this is a very very unique blush color especially if you live in the states. and great for spring or summer!

Popular Blush Products