3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

I love Marc Jacobs perfume! The bottle of 'dot' is so cute and looks great on a vanity. The smell is very fresh. This is not my favourite Marc Jacobs perfume however. Whilst the smell is great when you first apply it, the scent doesn't carry it's original smell throughout the entire day. On me the scent seems to change slightly the longer I am wearing it. Don't get me wrong I don't dislike the scent it transforms into, however I would prefer if the smell from the first time I sprayed on myself lasted longer. For a more expensive perfume by a high end designer, you would hope the scent would last you the entire day, or at least hold it's original smell. Other Marc Jacobs perfumes (like Daisy) do hold their scent so I would stick to those.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Relaxed, Medium

1.0

4 years ago

I smell nothing special with this scent, I even can get this kind of scent in even-cheaper perfume. But the bottle is really an art, love it!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

5 years ago

My all time favorite fragrances ever. Smells like a dream! I've purchased this 3 times now. & I will keep purchasing over & over.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

5 years ago

I have been wanting this fragrance for a long time now but it was just too much for a lower brand fragrance IMO. I am so excited to say, I walked into Ross's just at the right time! The lady had just put out the largest bottle of DOT for less than half the price at the high end department stores! I grabbed it! My birthday is coming up fast and this is perfect for me. I do enjoy this fragrance. It is not a smell that I would wear every day but it is very fresh and lovely. The bottle is beautiful and I lusted for it I think more than I actually wanted the fragrance. ;-) I have not opened my bottle yet but I will just to make sure it is a good bottle as sometimes Ross has older scents and I have gotten bottles before that have leaked out. I do not expect this to be true of this fragrance though. I can't really describe this scent as it changes the whole time I am wearing it. It last a very long time with me. I kept getting samples of this perfume before I made my purchase. I was saving up for the large bottle when I came upon this one yesterday! I love wearing a new scent to bed at night so I can see how long it last and what it smells like the next morning. This is one of the scents that I tired that lasted way into the morning and still smelled great. I think it gets better the longer I wear it.

About reviewer (595 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Medium

5 years ago

Although people talked about this fragrance transforming into an awful sent on their skin, I did not find this. I love this fragrance. It is warm and smells like pine and berries, perfect for Winter! I use this in Winter seasons (on Christmas) and Marc Jacobs Daisy in Summer. I do suggest trying this out a few times before purchasing because it is the type of perfume that can vary in scent depending on your skin type. Also the packaging is surprisingly sturdy and really lovely quality. The glass bottle looks really nice on my dressing table. PS: The price is a bit high but if you buy this from the right places you can get good discounts!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

5 years ago

I love Marc Jacobs! Dot is my favorite perfume - definitely my signature scent! It smells floral yet fruity at the same time! Awesome scent to go with if you want something light and sweet :) That being said, this scent is made for younger people, and I've noticed that a lot of the negative reviews are from those age 25+.. this scent would be best for teenagers and young adults :)

About reviewer (6 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Relaxed, Coarse

EyesBlack

5 years ago

I feel about this the same way I feel about most other Marc Jacobs fragrances. They're nice, but nothing special and smell similar to one another. This one is no different. I wear it sometimes, but never on a special occasion or anything like that. It's fruity and youthful, probably perfect for a young woman in high school/early college age. I feel it wears off quickly despite being an EDP. Also, it is fruity and sweet which is great for daytime. Beautiful packaging, but nothing special on the inside!

About reviewer (286 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

This is a very fruity fragrance, it reminds me of berries. I was excited about the scent when I purchased it but then grew tired of the scent. It also wears off very quickly which is disappointing. Overpriced for what it is- regret purchasing. I rarely wear this fragrance any more

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0

5 years ago

The bottle is so beautiful that I had to smell it. I liked the smell when I was in the shop on the paper samples but as soon as I bought it and tried it on it smelt awful. It smells very cheap and tacky like the knock off perfumes. I might try to gift this to someone I dont like haha.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I really really love this perfume. I had smelled it while walking through macys but I didn't buy it. Then it was gifted to me and I absolutely fell in love with it. I don't know why but it has a watermelon scent to me lol. I like it a lot :)

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium