Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

3.8

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone. May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

My daughter gave me a sample of this makeup and I liked it so much that I have purchased my own! I have very dry skin. Foundation seems to "sit in" my lines and wrinkles. I had seen other reviewers talking about how drying it seemed to be on their skin. I personally did not find that to be true. I feel that with using a good primer (Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance) I do not have that problem at all. I have been using the Boots No. 7 Lift & Luminate foundation -- it is less than half the price of Kat Von D; however I do find Kat Von D to last longer and have fuller coverage than the Boots No. 7. It just simply stays put! No "wearing off" around the nose/lip area by mid day. I have a few spots on my cheekbones from sun damage, and this foundation basically makes them non-existent! I don't even need to use a concealer if I don't want to. I am not a fan of a matte finish-look. I think that it's possible that I would probably have that with this foundation if I didn't use the primer I've mentioned above. In using that primer, it just creates a hint of a pearl-ish finish, which is what I prefer. I don't notice any dry patches halfway thru the day that happen with some other foundations. I've honestly never before used a foundation that has given me the flawless, smooth results as this one does. I found a perfect color match (there are many, many to choose from and with the help of a Sephora consultant, I was able to do so) and I am thinking that even with the huge price difference from my former Boots No. 7, this is my new go-to foundation. I love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I've already gone through about 5 or 6 bottles. I use 4 to 5 pumps to get full coverage with a damp beauty blender and a bottle usually lasts me 1 month. If you need something full coverage, definitely try this out. This is very buildable without ever looking too cakey. I've gone through countless foundations and this is one I am definitley not straying away from. For a high end foundation, it's not too expensive. ($30?) The packaging is pretty unique, its in a pump and you can see how much product you have left. I believe once youre done, youre done, and no product is wasted. The shade range is really great too.

Love that it has so many shades which is fantastic for tanned female runners from Asia. The coverage is (extremely) full, you need to balance it according to your needs.

If you are preparing for a night out, then apply it with a brush (KVD's foundation brush is so dense yo!), go for 2 layers. If you are using it for day time (and I am in a very hot country in Asia), apply with a damp beauty blender and prime your face upfront, the result would be, medium coverage.

To be honest, it is one foundation that looked better on me after a few hours of application. Initially, there is a masked like feel on the skin but it doesn't oxidise and looks better as the day progresses (keep in mind the Asian climate).

Bought the UD naked skin as well and it made me pasty after 3 hours and was totally gone after 5 hours (sad because it was not cheap), thus KVD lock it wins this battle!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love KVD and have quite a few of her products. Unfortunately, this foundation was a huge miss for me. I tried numerous application methods, lots of different preps and primers- nothing worked. It just sat on top of my skin and clung to dry patches that I didn't even know I had. It also pooled in my pores and I have small pores! It seemed to make my pores look larger!? I didn't enjoy the texture- it is very thick and has a "putty" like consistency. I wanted to make it work but it's not for me. I have normal skin for reference- not oily, can get dry but it's well controlled by my skincare.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I really really wanted to love this foundation, considering the price and full-coverage it offers,but the shade range for fair skin isnt very good. 45light neutral was the closest for me but still much too dark (and it seems to oxidize after a few hours). If you use a matte primer, this foundation wont blend well and will go on very patchy and accentuate smile lines and pores. With that said, someone who has normal/or combo skin and use a smoothing/hydrating primer this will probably be great, and the coverage is amazing, just a pump is enough to cover all redness/acne marks on your face and will last all day. My main issues were lack of good fairskin color choices (42 is like 5x lighter than 43/ 44 ,huge shade gap,i wouldve been in between those) and that it settles into smile lines and undereye creases as well as pores. Too bad.

on 2/9/2017 1:44:00 AM

I saw this in sephora and I tried on the back of my hand. I was surprised how thick it was and with almost an emollient waxy consistency. I only put less than a pea size and it covered the whole back of my hand. But I have to say that I'm not going to use this unless I want to change my while face features like becoming another person or like one of these drag queen. I still think this is a good temporary option for people with serious blemish and scars or for an evening event and so. But even for that I would prefer to mix it with another light foundation. So to put it in a simpler way this is a cinematic makeup. Last thing to say before purchasing it keep in mind the health of your skin since it will suck the life out of it.

I'm honestly in love with this foundation. It's super thick and pigmented, yet doesn't look completely matte. It's the first product I've tried that really matches my skin tone. It has the tendency to look cakey unless you spend some extra time balancing it out. The coverage is amazing. I have had some issues with it drying out my skin, but I just mix mine with a little moisturizer and it works perfect!

This foundation is my favorite yet in terms of the way it looks. I wear Light 44 Cool. It makes my skin look smooth, glowy, and I don't find that it sits in lines. I couldn't have been more excited!
The coverage is incomparable, even compared to the urban decay all nighter (which I had sampled at Sephora in shades 2 and 3 along with this cat Von D tattoo locket foundation). It also made my skin look lifted. In short, this foundation far surpassed any other in performance that I've ever tried in my life. I thought I had found my new foundation to settle on for 2017.
Unfortunately I have been getting really bad breakouts on my cheeks and chin and forehead. I have a lot of experience trying foundations, so I know that it could be from my primer as well or other factors like not changing my pillowcase soon enough or sleeping in my make up overnight a couple nights because I'm too exhausted to take it off.
I am currently using the clinic pep start primer and I notice that while it performs beautifully it does clog my pores, especially around my nose. In order to avoid these terrible breakouts which have stayed with me for weeks, I am going to have to discontinue use of both the cat Von D tattoo foundation and the pep start moisturizer and primer.
I never had any issues with breakouts using the urban decay naked foundation. So I am going to test out the urban decay all nighter today without a primer - just a lot of moisturizer- oil free, to be sure.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

It's very full coverage and has a great shade range, even for someone as pale as me. My it worked well with my dry skin and stayed on all day. It's definitely my favorite foundation I've ever used.

Love this for a full coverage foundation!