Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

3.8

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone. May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

on 1/12/2017 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Have repurchased this 3 times since I first tried it. As someone who gravitates immediately towards full coverage foundations this is my go-to, it never disappoints me and I know I can trust it to look great all day - I've even had my colleagues ask me at the end of the day 8pm if I've just reapplied my makeup. Does not need a primer, but like every foundation, I set with powder of course. Full enough coverage that I don't need to spot conceal. I do not need to retouch throughout the day. I wore this on new years eve for over 24 hours (don't judge me, I had a two day cleanse/skin detox after that) during work and then immediately afterwards for celebration, I really put that 24-coverage claim to the test - all I did was blot once and it still stayed on and did not move around or looked tired, if anything, it wore even more beautifully over time. I recommend this to everyone I speak to who wants a full coverage foundation, it never fails.

on 1/11/2017 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of this foundation from Sephora. I honestly am trying to cut back on how much I spend on makeup, so I wanted to try it out first. Let me tell you I am honestly am considering buying it because it's perfect for special occasion at just $34 and a little goes a long way. I got a little tiny container and I've gotten 6 uses out of it! It's crazy! I also don't have to apply setting powder for this, as it is completely matte on its own. I honestly regret buying the Urban decay All Nighter months ago because this stuff is WAY better and about $8 cheaper I believe! UGH!

on 1/10/2017 4:46:00 PM

Love love love this stuff. This is truly a game changer for me. It covers all my freckles and dark spots and LASTS! I can't thank KVD enough for creating such a magical foundation. I used to swear by Cinema Secrets but this is way better! I also like how it doesn't make my skin oily at the end of the day. It just does what I want it to do. Perfection!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Tried this at sephora, not good for dry skin! Your skin will be flaky and patchy so dont buy this foundation....

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this stuff. But it's awful. Turns orange on me and makes my face look even more oily than it already is. Worst part is that it breaks up and looks so patchy after only an hour or so if that. I'll finish the bottle so I don't waste it but i never purchase again.

on 1/8/2017 7:15:00 PM

This is my new favorite full-coverage foundation after DoubleWear's formula-change and price hike. This is one of very few foundations that is actually light enough for my pale skin (there's even a shade that's too light for me...miraculous!). I love the formula although it's definitely easy to cake it up if not careful. The foundation stays put 8+ hours and made it through NYE dancing. With appropriate application, this foundation looks flawless.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

this foundation is so full coverage! i use one pump to cover my whole face, so you definitely get your money's worth. the only thing is it is so hard to pick out shades as most of them are either really orange or really yellow. it stays on all day and has a matte finish. for reference, i have nc 25 skin and i use the color light neutral 49, but i could probably go a shade lighter.

on 1/5/2017 11:13:00 AM

I would say that this is my holy grail foundation! It is matte finish n stay on whole day. Im in the shade light 47. I love this foundation. Highly recommended, and looking forward to try others kat von d product...

on 1/4/2017 9:22:00 PM

Oh, the packaging!! It's the most beautiful thing about this product. After I apply this foundation, I have to remove the bottle from my sight. This bottle is more beautiful than me!

This foundation loves my dry patches and enjoys enhancing them. It even goes so far as to create NEW dry patches I never knew existed! I've tried moisturizing my face first. I've tried mixing moisturizer WITH the foundation, nothing.. no good.. I've tried gentle exfoliation, and a little rougher exfoliation.. yikes. No thank you.

Of course I finished the bottle, I'm not an animal! I do love the pump and how easy it is to pop the top off to get that last little bit of product. Waste not want not.

It is very high coverage and I could see this being amazing for anyone with oily skin, but it did not work for me and I will not repurchase.

I hate this. I hate this SO much. I got it because so many people were talking about how good it is and I thought that it would be great. It made ALL of my pores look like craters, it made wrinkles appear that I had no idea I had, it made my dry skin look even dryer. Even after washing, toning, moisturising... it still looked bad. Sure, it covered my skin very well but it was way too much for me. After maybe an hour or two, it shifted on my face. As if it were a mask just lying on top of my skin.