Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation

Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone. May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

on 11/11/2017 4:24:00 AM

Packaging is amazing, you really do get every single bit of foundation out of it. It is a FULL coverage foundation, so it is heavy, which is to be expected, but it applies so smoothly, and blends out so nicely. I find that toward the end of wearing it for 9 hours, the foundation begins to break down a little around my nose and forehead if I don't powder throughout the day. But thats not often, and not many people would be wearing their makeup for that long, and I don't have any other foundation that lasts that long, looking so good.

Recently decided to try a new foundation as the one I bought in the summer was no longer light enough to match my skin tone, I found this foundation to be lightweight and comfortable for me and provided the full coverage I was hoping to get I would definitely recommend this foundation to others

on 10/10/2017 2:52:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a rather thick foundation that offers medium-to-full coverage. I've tried this twice now, and the results were the same. I think it's the finish of this foundation that makes it difficult to work with. It is NOT the type of foundation that melts into your skin and appears traceless. I've tried full coverage foundations like that before. This seems to end up in little dried patches around my nose and chin. It also seemed to oxidize/break down in those areas a little bit more than the rest of my face. It does look very good on the forehead and cheek area and wore very well there. Normally I'm combination/oily, and long-wearing foundations tend to have this effect. I've tried this with a foundation brush (MAC 170 flat top) and it seemed like it was just too much coverage and looked really flat. It was a little better the second time applied with a synthetic brush and then I went over it with a damp Beauty Blender, but still pretty cakey. I really like the shade (41 was perfect) and I think the packaging is beautiful, but it just doesn't work for me. I've seen it on others where it just looks lovely, and I think it has something to do with my skin type. I must prefer the Kat Von D powder foundation.

on 10/22/2017 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have very oily skin so I usually shy away from thick foundations because it will separate and slide off. This foundation was a pleasant surprise. It does not feel thick when it's on. Honestly I could wear it all day and not feel it on me at all BUT it does look like it's on. It's not a flawless foundation, it's a full coverage foundation. I don't need concelear for most blemishes. I apply with a damp beauty blender and it applies beautifully IF I exfoliate, moisturize, and prime. If I don't exfoliate it will cling to every dry patch it can find, however, if it's not too bad they slowly disappear because I'm just that oily. One pump is just enough to cover my entire face evenly. It did have a strange smell but I'd take a weird smell than a fragrance any day. I have tried applying with brushes but its so face drying that the brush doesn't move it well and it streaks, the beauty blender was the best way to apply for me. It's not a perfect match on me, it's slightly lighter but I guess it oxidizes to a good shade because after 30 mins of wearing it, it warms to a really good match. If you're dry I would stay away unless you can find a good moisturizing primer.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Very disappointing... I wanted to like this for obvious reasons (the expensive price and all the hype) but I just don't. I usually apply my foundation with a foundation brush then use my beauty blender to blend it out. well as soon as i started with the blender, literally seconds after applying the foundation, it was already way too dry on my face to blend at all. I got my beauty blender damp thinking that would help and it did a little bit but it still looked splotchy and before I even left the house for work I was already looking cakey. so maybe it was just me applying it wrong, I will have to try it again one day when I'm off work and have time to play around with my makeup without having to worry if I turn my face into a donut. but until then I'm just sticking with my loreal infallible stay matte!!!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I thought this foundation didn’t go on rather smoothly. Didn’t like how it wore all day. Thought there were others a lot better. Disappointed.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

At first I really didn't like the way this looked on my dry skin, but after exploring different primers and application methods (fingers, different brushes & various sponges) I've come to really like it; if you have dry skin I've found this foundation to look and wear best applied over bare & freshly moisturised skin, using a damp beauty blender. No need to set it with powder. I've tried this foundation with the matching primer, and don't recommend that combo for those with dry skin - I like wearing the Lock-it primer under my lighter foundations (Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea & Max Factor Healthy Harmony), but it is too thick a combo combined with this foundation.

Applied in the way that works for me, I have no complaints with this foundation; it comes in a wide shade range (30 shades, various base tones), it gives flawless coverage that lasts the full day, and I've not experienced any oxidation, transfer or cakiness. I don't go for heavy coverage all of the time, but I reach for this when I know I'll have a busy day and won't get time for touching up my makeup - this is a reliable option, that I'm happy enough with to not want to bother looking for a different full- coverage foundation option. I nearly purged it, but am very glad that I persevered with it now.

on 10/7/2017 2:51:00 PM

This is is a thick foundation that provides medium to full coverage it is buildable but doesn't look flawless like my urban decay all nighter foundation, it is tacky and doesn't set despite how much I powder, the most disappointing part is that I was expecting this foundation to be ultra full coverage but to fair its not as high coverage as i was expecting, I only have redness and some blemishes and it doesn't cover as great.
Fail

on 10/5/2017 1:51:00 AM

I had heard so many good things about it from my friend so i eager to try but this foundation disapoint me very badly,
i got to know that this foundation is full coverage & i have some pimple scars on my face so that i really wanted to try this foundation,
yes this is full coverage foundation but it Breaks down really easily. After a while of wear, I start to see cakiness especially around my chin and nose/upper lip,it feels so heavy..
i feel like my pores are closed my skin cant breath anymore.i will never buy this again..
its so expensive and it does not give the result which you want very bad impression..

on 10/3/2017 11:31:00 AM

I was so dissapointed with this foundation. I had heard so many good things about it so was eager to try.

The pros:
The first thing i will say is that the range of shades in excellent.
Packaging is lovely.
The foundation is very full coverage, which is what i wanted as i like a foundation that covers all of my uneven skin tones. This covers up all of my redness.
A little bit goes a long way. A bottle of this will last ages.

The cons:
The biggest con for me is that it makes my pores look MASSIVE. I have never had an issue like that before. I applied the foundation and wasn't happy with how my pores were looking, and when i applied light dusting of a translucent setting powder, it made them look 10 times worse! I cant describe how truely awful it looks with any sort of powder applied.
It also settles really badly into fine lines around my eyes (im still in my twenties so not exactly wrinkled) but it looked awful.
It also is not good for people with any dry skin. Im prone to dry skin and it clings to it.
Finally, despite the initial full coverage, it wears off really quickly. Even after using a primer and a setting spray ( no powder and that is a no go with this foundation). It definitely is not 24hr lasting and considering how expensive it is i would expect it to last longer. It lasts about 3 or 4 hours and then i need to touch it up. Even my cheap Revlon colourstay foundation lasts so much longer!

In conclusion i would definitely NOT recommend. For the price of it, it truely is a horrible foundation. I will be sticking to my trusty mac studio fix fluid from now on.