Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone. May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

For reference, I have oily skin, I live in a hot and humid climate and have moderate acne scarring. I use this in Medium 52. This is by far one of the thickest full cover foundation I've ever tried. Don't get me wrong, I love a full coverage make up and I wear full coverage makeup on a daily basis but this is so thick it's like a paste. The coverage is no doubt full, but the texture is too thick that it's made it really hard to blend, I practically have to drag it across my skin. I also hate that it emphasizes my pores and and any textural issue I have on my skin. Settles on my smile lines and just make me look cakey and heavy. And like I have two pounds of make up on even with just one pump of this. Longevity is nearly as good as ELDW. Controls oil well. There are many other full cover foundation on the market that is thin and provides just as good a coverage and longevity ie urban decay all night, and Marc Jacobs remarcable. I would not recommend this one. Hate that I wasted so much on this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! it was very difficult to search a good liquid foundation that really match my skin tone and my oily skin condition. The finishing looks natural and not cracking. It totally suitable for long hours wear. Though it's quite expensive, it still worth my penny.

on 5/21/2017 12:07:00 AM

I am on my 6th bottle and absolutely find this makeup my holy grail foundation. It is a full coverage makeup that leaves your skin looking flawless.

on 5/14/2017 11:51:00 PM

its a long lasting foundation, i never needed to reapply throughtout the day, i also found a little went a longgggg way, i had the same bottle for about one and a half, two years before running out and that was me using it 5 days out of about every week. i also found a dollop of makeup could cover about the entirety of my face. this provides you with medium coverage and if necessary you can layer it a little bit to provide a fuller coverage, in fact i found that you could use it place of a concealer. i never experienced oxidizing, and the colour (i had light 44) matched my skin perfectly, i believe they had a large array of shades so you should be able to find something that matches your skin tone. the main problem i had with it is that it made my skin look so flaky and dry, definitely would not recommend for dry skin and it tended to create a unfortunate halo effect around pimples or acne. in conclusion great foundation if you dont have any skin problems such as acne or dry skin, but awful if you do because it will accentuate those problems. i dont know if it made my acne any worse or better compared to other foundations, but it didnt seem to make a difference for better or for worse.

I was recommended this product as I usually touch my makeup up 4 hours into wearing it. I have an extremely oily t-zone. It lasts me from 7.30am til 2pm, and even then only my nose and chin need a touch up.

The colour match is perfect! Texture wise, this product very easily becomes caked if you use more than needed. One squirt on my foundation brush covers my entire face.

I would recommend this to anyone with oily skin. Just make sure you bring it out with you, because you will need to touch it up at some point.

I just went back to using this foundation actually. I tried quite a few recently that were double the price & they don't even come close to this one. Loveeeee this for a full coverage look.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation is certainly not for everyone, but it is what it says it is. Meaning, it's FULL coverage, you could cover a tattoo with it. If you're looking for a sheer or dewy foundation I would recommend Nars Weightless or Too Faced Born This Way.

I really loved it. When I wear makeup, I don't mind looking like I'm wearing makeup. That said, the full coverage suits me fine. It does thin out, but it must be done quickly. And use a very little to start. I thought, "Oh nice it has a pump, so one pump-full would be great" But I got enough to cover my whole chest. A quarter pump might be a good start. If you think it's expensive, I would consider how little is needed. There are some $17 drugstore brands that you'd need to replace far more often. Speaking of which I did try L'Oréal Infallible and it was awful, especially compared to this. Also compared to Too Faced Born This Way, I would say it is much heavier, though Born This Way is pretty good, it is a lot lighter and easier to work with. Just not as many shades and less full coverage. BornThis Way is a LOT easier to work with, and has a beautiful medium satin finish.

I am Indian and I have mid-brown skin with a yellow undertone. The woman at Sephora thought to match it to my neck, and I ended up with one shade too pale. Another trip to the store and the woman used something like a light meter, some sort of hue detector, and matched me too light again. This just didn't have the color for me. I am hard to match. The reason I'm not using the Nars foundation is because it ended up being too light, although it was "warm."

If you like creamy formulas, full coverage and a matte finish, this is a good match for your needs. If you don't like/need full coverage stay the hell away, you'll hate it.

Also except for you reviewers who got free samples, didn't you buy this from a place where you could try it? Cause you guys seem so disappointed at the heaviness. I love the way it makes my skin look. Too bad I couldn't find my shade

on 4/22/2017 11:14:00 AM

My skin is very dry because I'm on acutane, an acne medicine, therefore this is a bad foundation for me. It makes my skin crack no matter how much of her primer I put on beforehand, although that does help slightly, and it is very cakey. Believe me when I say it clings to every pore and sometimes I even have to apply twice in some places because my red face is showing through. I love love love Kat, but if you have dry skin I would not recommend this.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I started wearing this after my Lancôme Teinte Idole liquid stopped working for me. The Lancôme was melting off my face, so I had to switch. I partially chose this because it has an *amazing* shade selection. I'm VERY fair, and yet there's a shade whiter than even me. (I would say that shade 44 is a pretty good match for me, although I'm probably close to somewhere between a 42 and 44. And I'm NOT buying two bottles to mix, so sorry.)

This is a very full coverage foundation. I have melasma which I need to cover, and this does the trick, and very well. I apply it with a damp Beauty Blender to sheer it out a bit and it applies beautifully. It does dry rather quickly, so either work fast or do a portion of your face at a time. I've heard people say that this feels like a mask on their face. With a thicker foundation there is always that chance, but the damp sponge works great to sheer it out, and I need very little of this to cover my entire face. I just use a tiny bit more and go over my problem spots at the end. I think that a bottle of this is going to last me a very long time, and although $35 for a bottle of foundation is higher end, there is surely worse. You'll spend $15 at the drugstore, and I would need a TON of d/s product to cover my problems.

Then there is the problem of creasing. Since I am 47, I do have fine lines under my eyes. This thicker foundation can settle into them. Again, application, folks! I'm careful not to cake it under my eyes. I take the time to smooth it out several times until it sets completely. And I don't add insult to injury by applying powder under my eyes, but I freely admit that my skin isn't very oily and I usually don't need it. I find that I do much better using a setting spray after I apply most of my makeup. And if my day calls for it, I can add powder to the remainder of my face but avoid the area directly under my eyes. I also have enlarged pores, and this (like ANY foundation) creeps into them. I use either Benefit's The Porefessional or Rimmel's Stay Matte primer. Problem solved. You've gotta prep your skin if you're going to have solid foundation performance.

The one thing that bugs me about this product is that it does not have sunscreen in it. This is great for photography, but for everyday use it would be nice to have some sun protection built in. I use a Neutrogena moisturizer with an SPF 50 underneath, as my melasma problems demand it.

I love the packaging of this foundation. It comes with a great pump, and the bottle itself looks fairly nice. The other wonderful thing about this bottle is that it empties out completely as you use it. There will be very little foundation left in the bottle when you're done, so you don't have to worry about taking the pump out at the end, or scraping the bottle (if you're a person that does that).

So all in all, this is my Holy Grail at the moment. I realize that my skin or my life circumstances may change and I'll think differently. But this goes on smoothly, covers all of my imperfections, looks natural and is economical when you take the amount you need into account. I wear this for about 13 hours a day, and it holds up great. If you need full coverage, I would definitely give it a try!

on 4/17/2017 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I was lured in by the extremely pale shades of this foundation, however, I can't seem to enjoy how it looks on its own. It looks very very caky on my face, and almost as if I have applied too much powder and not removed the excess. This might be good if you have oily skin or if you don't mind a caky look. I feel like it enhanced all the little bumps on my face, and you definitely need a primer with this. The coverage is stunning! I've never had to use less foundation than with this. I barely even use half a pump. I /adore/ the packaging.

It doesn't have a strong smell, and the smell it does have is fresh and slightly paint-like. Not too bad. When touching my face, it feels smoother than it looks. It feels VERY lightweight compared to how full coverage it is, however it is still one of my heavier foundations.

Recommended to: Oily skin. People that don't mind the "foundation look".
Not recommended to: Dry/flaky skin. People that prefer more natural and/or dewy looks.
Overall: A fine foundation that I like, but probably wouldn't repurchase.