Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

3.8

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone. May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

on 7/27/2016 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this for my combination/dry skin. I'm very pale with yellow undertones and this foundation suits me perfectly, doesn't look pink at all. Also very comfortable to wear, it doesn't feel heavy at all. I'd say the coverage is more medium-full than full (compared to say, Clinique's Continuous Coverage) but I found it very easy to blend so maybe I just blend it out a lot. I noticed in another review someone found the consistency too thick but I haven't found that at all, considering it's on the fuller coverage end of the spectrum. It's quite similar to Continuous Coverage in its consistency I think but not quite as heavy to wear.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this foundation today with high hopes however when I got home to try this on it was very disappointing the foundation would barely come out of the pump and the little foundation I got out of it was so thick it wouldn't even budge when i tried to blend it with my beauty blender

To Read all 735 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/24/2016 11:24:00 AM

I have combo skin and this makes my skin look amazing. I highly recommend this, never clings to dry patches and my face is never shiny. Best foundation ever!

I bought this foundation because I had HORRIBLE acne all over my face and I had tried a whole bunch of "full coverage" foundations that either didn't live up to portrayed expectations or just made me break out even more. I also wanted a foundation that wouldn't rub off on people that I hugged or kissed because that's just plain embarassing. I saw the price of this foundation and loved that it wasn't overly expensive like most high end brands. I tried it on and absolutely fell it love with how full coverage it was and how VERY LITTLE I needed for my whole face. I felt like a barbie doll... for two hours. After those two hours I look at my face again and saw my face dark orange and patches everywhere. It oxidized so badly on my skin and when I tried putting it on again I realized that the product caught on to my peach fuzz , making it look dark and just unflattering. I really did love how beautiful it made me feel for those two hours, and I was extremely saddened when I discovered that it was just another foundation that just wasn't for me. I still love Kat Von D's brand and will continue buying her other products.

on 7/21/2016 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is some amazing stuff! It's too heavy for everyday wear for me but for a night out or a special occasion it's perfect.... stays on and natural looking!

I've heard so many good reviews about Kat Von D's makeup line, so when I came across this foundation along with the beauty blender I decided to get it. I thought the packaging was super cute! But I was confused at first, because I didn't know the black thing was a stopper for the pump. Has really good coverage, definitely matte. But it doesn't make me look patchy or cakey (I only apply a thin layer). I am just very surprised no one has mentioned the smell of this product.. It smells like acrylic paint? It can be a little overwhelming sometimes. Not sure if i received a bad batch. Nonetheless, I still enjoy this product.

on 7/17/2016 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I feel 50/50 on this product. If you want everything covered up and no skin showing through then this foundation will do the trick. It appears flawless however it gets very cakey easily. I can only do one light coat of it, otherwise it cakes up real quick. If you have dry skin, this product is NOT for you. It's very matte (so great for oily skin people!) but even if you have slightly dry skin on your face, this foundation will let you know. It has a pump however you can't unscrew it from the bottle which makes me feel like I may not get all the product out when I can't pump anymore. It will oxidize just a little so I got a shade a bit lighter for that reason and it ends up matching fine. Overall I really like this product if I keep my skin well moisturized and do a light coat but it definitely can be a disaster if too much is applied.

on 7/16/2016 5:50:00 AM

Awful foundation. It is extremely thick and breaks down into a patchy mess.

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Was so excited when Sephora decided to bring it to Singapore. Bought it at SGD48.00.

The product itself is very very thick and I've never worked with anything like before. I tried applying this using my koyudo fupa 02 brush by stippling it in, the finish was a patchy mess, I had some parts of my face covered and other parts not covered. It also emphasized on the pores of my cheeks. Overall, not a pleasant sight.

I tried it again using the RT miracle sponge and stippling the product onto my face. With the damp sponge, i guess it thinned out the foundation a little and the result was much better as compared to using a brush. Coverage was more even, that said, it compromised on the coverage meaning, the redness was not cancelled out.

Lasting powder is quite commendable and the color did not change or oxidize. I am using Light 48 which is a good match for my NC25 / YSL B20 / GA LSF No. 4 skin tone.

Bottomline:

I would not be buying this when the current bottle runs out. I may even be selling it off.

on 7/5/2016 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

BUY THIS PRODUCT YOU NEED IT!!
I have dry to very dry skin this foundation is full coverage a little goes a long way it does not cling to my dry patchs nor make my skin look dry I've been looking for a foundation like this for a while and I am Absolutely In Love With This Product!!