Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

3.8

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone. May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this foundation. It is full coverage which I love I'm a full coverage kinda girl, but it does not feel heavy on the skin. It looks great & stays put all day, by the end of the night it looks the exact same as it did when first applied. It just makes my skin look so good I absolutely reccomend it. The packaging is good too anything with a pump is great in my book. If your thinking about buying it definitely go for it.

on 7/6/2017 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I tried this out and It felt so heavy and cakey and quite drying. The shade range is amazing for pale skin but the formulation being so heavy is unnecessary as it just smothers your skin. The smell is similar to Revlon colour stay and is way too chemical smelling.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I wanted to love this foundation, but just like UD's All Nighter, it left me wanting more. It covers like a dream, it is one of the most full-coverage foundations out there, but it is a little too matte and cakey for my liking. Also, even though it is supposed to be long-wearing, it breaks up a lot on me, especially on my forehead. I remember wearing it once when it was just beginning to get warm outside and I sweated it off ONLY on my upper lip which was not a cute look. If you want any hint of your natural skin to be covered and you don't worry a lot about touchups, then this foundation is an excellent choice; if you'll only be wearing it for photos or videos or short amounts of time, then it will work wonderfully. If you expect it to be very full coverage that you can wear comfortably for many hours, as I erroneously did, then unfortunately this might not be for you. Also, I really, really detest the packaging. Not the design or the aesthetic of it, but the cleanliness of the pump. Since the product is so thick, it can get really gunky really fast, and the little stopper/plug thing that looks like a wax seal only seems to spread the gunkiness around. It is pretty to look at until it gets all caked up with dried foundation.

on 6/21/2017 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, this product started out as a disappointment but eventually became my favorite foundation. At first, it had several things going for it; light 43 is the best color match I've ever managed to find, didn't oxidize on me, and introducing this into my routine didn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts.

The problem in this foundation is in the way you can't swipe this on quickly like some sort of tinted moisturizer. This stuff is pigmented, and dries very quickly. If you want this foundation to play well on your skin you have to put in some extra time in your application. First off, don't dot this stuff all over and then start trying to blend. Do one part of your face at a time; that way it doesn't dry too much as you work in between areas. Apply a small layer at a time, and (important) use a slightly damp sponge for best application. Using a dry brush did not really help this foundation go on smoothly and evenly for me. Either prepping your skin with a mist like previous users have said or using a damp blender was what really let this stuff look as good as it was supposed to. Also, really try applying it in thin layers like you would nail polish. You'll find that its actually pretty easy to make this foundation look natural if you take it slow.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I feel like this product is so misunderstood & I really think it's all in the application. Read on for how I make this work for my combination skin. I read so many reviews before buying which left me in two minds whether or not to try it but I'm so glad I did. It leaves my skin looking flawless, doesn't settle into my smile lines or those around my eyes and best of all, it stays 100% perfect & doesn't break down throughout the day, even in hot weather. I wear the shade 48 Light Neutral which on it's own is a shade too light for me right now with my summer tan. I still wear it though as like I said, it lasts in the heat & also, I can go to town on the bronzer over this & I never look powdery or cakey because everything just blends over it so smoothly. I've not tried it in the winter yet but I have a white foundation mixer from LA Girl which I'm sure will work if I need to lighten it. Like I said at the start, I really do think it's in the application. I've seen so many reviews where they don't do enough skin prep, apply way too much product & don't set it afterwards. So here's what I do: I prep with Mario Badescu Rose & Aloe face spray then pump out half a pump of foundation onto the back of my hand. A little goes a very long way! I then dot it evenly around my face and bend it in by wiping (yes, wiping!) it in with the flat side of a damp Real Techniques complexion sponge. I do my concealer as normal then set it all (some would call this part 'baking') with my favourite setting powder & the same flat side of my sponge. Once I've kicked off the excess powder with a fluffy brush, I set with a setting spray (my favourite right now is the one from Revolution Cosmetics) & fan my face to dry it down really fast as I've heard this step helps any setting spray you use work better. After that, everything looks flawless & not at all like I trowelled on 100 layers of makeup! Sounds complicated but it's really not & if you're struggling to make this or any foundation work for you, just give this technique a go before you give up on it. Hope this helps!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If you don't like full coverage "mask" effect foundations then keep looking elswhere cause you're gonna hate this one!
I love full coverage so this is my cup of tea.
Of course with that comes some downsides...the liquid is thick and sticky and can be harder to blend, can also be cakey if not applied just right and can crease into your lines aging you 10 years... so it's very important that if you do use this foundation exfoliate, moisturise well, prime and then set with a good finishing powder and BAKE your undereyes and smile lines.
Do all of those things and you should have a beautiful finish!
This foundations also has a wonderful colour range - I have quite yellow toned skin and being able to find true yellow based colours is amazing!
I find if I use this foundation, because it is so full and heavy then it only looks good if I do a full face. It's definitely more for a "glam" look - not natural. Thus, it is my going out/special occasion foundation. All other times I stick with BB cream.
The only issues I have with it is some creasing, as I said earlier finishing powder and baking will almost eliminate this problem if done right- I still have to smother over my mouth creases from time to time. It lost a lippy rating for that reason for me. Still love it though and would repurchase

It is quite heavy coverage and I had to buy NYX foundation corrector in white to lighten it a bit.........it is good..but not 48 dollars good

Worst foundation I've ever used. It transfers so easily and has no oil control. It is also very difficult to blend.

on 6/4/2017 12:43:00 AM

Best foundation out there if you like full coverage. Gives you flawless looking skin that lasts long. I've bought so many bottles and always reccomwnd it. It is a bit of a heavy foundation especially when you're first applying it but the look it gives you is worth it. Definitely recommend not putting a ton on at once as it can be cakey looking.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

For reference, I have oily skin, I live in a hot and humid climate and have moderate acne scarring. I use this in Medium 52. This is by far one of the thickest full cover foundation I've ever tried. Don't get me wrong, I love a full coverage make up and I wear full coverage makeup on a daily basis but this is so thick it's like a paste. The coverage is no doubt full, but the texture is too thick that it's made it really hard to blend, I practically have to drag it across my skin. I also hate that it emphasizes my pores and and any textural issue I have on my skin. Settles on my smile lines and just make me look cakey and heavy. And like I have two pounds of make up on even with just one pump of this. Longevity is nearly as good as ELDW. Controls oil well. There are many other full cover foundation on the market that is thin and provides just as good a coverage and longevity ie urban decay all night, and Marc Jacobs remarcable. I would not recommend this one. Hate that I wasted so much on this.