Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation

Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation

3.7

Water, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isododecane, Sodium Chloride, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Calcium Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium Edta, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone. May Contain (+/-):CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxide).

on 12/20/2018 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

to be fair, the first few times i used this, it was amazing. this has an extremely high coverage meaning you do not have to layer on at all. just two pumps will be able to cover your face if you have acne, hyper pigmentation, tattoos... this will look like absolute SHIT when you pespire, even the slightest bit. which is weird because it is extremely mattifying and targeted for oily skin (definitely not dry skin, if you have dry skin, don't even think about getting this). i have combo skin (very very oily on my tzone and dry on my cheeks) and no matter how much i moisturise & prime my face, it settles into every single pore and creases. acne, dry spots, pores, bumps, EVERYTHING you never thought was that obvious, becomes THE MAIN FOCUS. this only looks good for 1-2 hours. i ended up using it as a spot concealer (applied it very very minimally).. pump is messy. overall not worth the price. it would be good if you needed it to cover tattoos, other than that, definite PASS.

on 12/11/2018 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So...I have extremely oily skin, acne, a lot of redness and Sensitive skin. i did a lot of research with any foundation before I try and I was so excited to try this but this foundation would be the worst foundation I have ever tried! I find my face is really difficult and many foundations that i see look flawless on others with the same skin conditions as me however, i dont get the same effect. So frustrating!!! I have been looking for the perfect foundation for 7 years, I get my makeup done professionally all the time and my makeup artist uses stila on me which I love however, I still find I have to reapply powder every 2 hours. So I am searching for that foundation that stays matte for the whole day. This foundation is really thick which i didn't mind at all I loved the coverage! however, I looked really cakey and areas around my nose and on my chin cracked within the first hour of applying and i used the primer and powder with it as I didn't feel it was matte enough without powder over the top. I was shiny within a few hours and when i reapplied powder i went even more cakey and patchy around my nose and chin make up went spotty and yuck!. I'm just glad I got a sample and didn't purchase the whole bottle!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is so far my least favorite foundation. I have no problem with full coverage/thick foundation but it emphasises my fine lines and my pores. It doesn't work well with me during winter , (which is the season that I use more foundation ) streaky and patchy on my dry skin. I do see that it is better during summer but still it is not the best. The color is great anyway... M57 Warm skintone seems to fit me alright when I'm a bit tan. I am a NC40 in MAC SFF.

on 10/20/2018 6:46:00 PM

This foundation is one of my all time favs. It is very very very full coverage, it is lightweight, and it is very easy to blend. I did find that for myself it was easier to blend with a brush rather than a beauty sponge. This does dry down very matte and does dry very quickly, so once this touches your skin i would blend it out until the entire face was covered or until you had to pick up more prouduct. It did not take very much to cover my face at all i used maybe a pea sized amount and that was more than enough, a little definitely goes a long way with this. For $33 you get 1oz. of product, which will last you a very long time. I will be purchasing this again when the time comes, i promise if you give this a try you will not be disappointed. :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

For most of my life, I've had to either wear very sheer foundations that didn't hide much of anything, or risk looking like a Cheeto. Finding anything that looked natural on my extremely pale and neutral-to-cool skintone was a real nightmare, as I've found most of the lightest foundation shades cater to warmer tones.

This (Shade 41) is the first foundation I've tried that is truly a match for my complexion and offers full coverage. It can feel a bit heavy and tacky, especially during summer, but I wouldn't trade it for any of the others I've tried so far. It does require a primer to go on smoothly, and I use the matching Lock It one which works well. The foundation sets nicely, I usually dust a little powder on top as I like a very extreme matte look but it really isn't necessary.

The coverage lasted well without a setting spray, long enough that you wouldn't need to reapply on an average day. It did catch every tiny flake of eyeshadow fallout, so if you wear a lot of heavy black eyeshadow like I do you might want to consider a good eyeshadow primer.

Overall, I'd recommend this brand and especially Shade 41 to any of my fellow pale people.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I have reviewed this on my YouTube Channel (Take Control Central) and I love this. It hides a multitude of sins and lasts all day long with no touch ups. I would never be without my Kat. It may seem a little tacky when first put on but it does not stay tacky. Colors seem to be spot on. You will not be disappointed especially if you are looking for FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION.

on 9/30/2018 10:36:00 PM

Perhaps I’m just not proficient enough with full coverage foundations, but I am not fond of this foundation. It doesn’t blend out that well and is hard to layer. I used the RCMA setting powder as well as trying a powder foundation to set it and it breaks up pretty bad. I feel like it exaggerates any creases you may have because it’s so thick, and clings to the baby hairs on your face. If you’re concerned about your t-zone and how it may settle into your pores, I urge you to grab a sample before buying. If you’re self conscious about the baby hairs on your face, then I wouldn’t recommend this foundation.

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Hmmm. This foundation is full coverage period. So for reference I am a WOC, Darker shaded such as MAC NW47, NC50
So I brought this foundation in Shade Deep Warm 76. Now this foundation is trying tricky for WOC because of how the undertones and the shade ranges are. This foundation can look a little orange. I ONLY use this foundation in the late fall and winter months only. Now I usually match my face to my chest. However this foundation was a a tad bit lighter than my chest with light yellow undertones (like a pale yellow undertone) now I dont really mind that in the winter months because it I get a few shades lighter.
So this foundation does not move but can be a little drying. I dont realy have to much of a problem with it being drying because I use a really good moisturizer and primer.
This foundation photographs beautiful (no flash back and I didnt have to set it. I just let it dry down to its natural finish.
Overall would I repurchase this fountain probably not.. we need more colors ps. This foundation good for covering imperfections like stretch marks or acne scars.
Hope this helps

on 9/16/2018 9:04:00 AM

This is definitely not a 1 size fits all kind of foundation. My skin is complicated. Its oily, dehydrated, sometimes dry and flaky, and my pores are really visible. My hormones play a big part on how my skin looks and feels throughout the month and this foundation performs best when my skin is at its best. If I have any dryness or texture going on, I won't use this. The best primer that worked for me under this foundation is the Hourglass N28. It helps this melt into the skin and look more like a 2nd skin. It takes a lot of work to wear this and you need to work quickly and in sections but the end result is incredibly worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After trying over 20 foundations over the years from max factor to Estée Lauder, MAC, Doir and others nothing will stick to my face... and if it does it feels heavy. On its own I don’t rate this foundation... but with the Kat Von d primer it suddenly becomes weightless and stays on all day no matter what I do! It’s AMAZING! The bottle is plastic... but it’s of great quality... and it has its own built in pump unlike Mac or nars or any others... and it’s cruelty free! What’s not to love! It’s a premium brand at a reasonable price... and there has been care and thought over every detail!

A little goes a long way... it coveres that much I don’t even need concealer... also it’s a dream to apply with the Kat Von d brush. Forget mac, forget Estée Lauder... there overpriced and they test on animals... this is the future for me!