3.7

price range

Reviews

3.0

3 months ago

Full coverage Smooths texture Nice shade range Great packaging But all this is negated by its awfully thick formula. It’s like face putty. If you wear this you will feel very pantomime indeed.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

3.0

8 months ago

I got a few shades of this in a sample collection from Sephora. I had to mix two shades to try something close to my nc15/20 yellow skin. I applied two dabs, like, very very small dabs to my face, blended out with a damp sponge, and it covered nicely, didnt accentuate my textured areas, didnt flake at all on my skin, I was really amazed at how beautiful it looked on the skin. However, i do not have much active acne to cover, mostly scars and melasma. What got to me was how this felt on my skin, and I noticed it right away, even with wearing barely any, thinned out by my sponge. It felt heavy on my face, like a mask. To the touch, it was dry, but i could still feel ‘something’ on my skin. Other foundations I like and have wore, I havent felt that mask feeling. I went to work only a half day, and this stuff made me blot 2-3 times in that 4 hour period. I normally do not need to do that, that much, so soon in the day. I’m combo, dry and oily in t-zone. By the time I got home at noon, I was ready to wash this off. It removed fine, but I feel like there is a film on my skin. After looking at the ingredients, I believe its the Trimethylsiloxysilicate — which helps make the foundation water resistant. Its the only thing I can think of, besides the general silicones. Since I prefer a lighter feel to my foundation, I would not purchase. Smith & Cult’s new foundation (Veiled Threat) has the same few first ingredients, including Trimethylsiloxysilicate, which I was debating on trying, but now seeing the similarities to this product, I have a feeling it would have that same heavy feel, so will pass.

About reviewer (434 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

1.0

9 months ago

Shade: Light 42 I absolutely do not get this foundation. It is thick, cakey, chalky, difficult to blend and apply. When you've finally got it somewhat evenly spread across your face, it will flake off in big chunks - when you try to blend product on top of it, when you use setting spray, when you touch it, when you breathe! I have dry skin but have worn other very-matte foundations (such as MAC Studio Fix) without these problems, so I'm putting it all down to this product. Surely a full coverage, matte foundation should have good lasting power, but this has none at all. Absolute rubbish.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

9 months ago

I’m always searching for the perfect foundation, and I know KVD has some of the lightest shades out there. I had seen and heard many great reviews on this foundation so I had to give it a try. First of all, let me mention that I have NEVER tested a foundation that was too light for my skin until I tried this one: shade 40N is actually too light for me!! But that’s ok, 41N matches just fine and I can wear 42N during the summer. And I love that KVD sells foundation in half ounce tubes as well AND at half price, which is awesome and fair. That way I don’t have to buy a full size bottle just for summer. Anyhow, back to the review: I have very oily skin and I sweat very easily, therefore, I need a sweat proof and transfer proof foundation. I love the shades, the matte finish and the coverage. And let me tell you, a little bit goes a LONG WAY. The only reason I am giving this product 4 lippies instead of 5 is because the consistency to so thick, it is very difficult to blend, even with KVD’s coordinating foundation brush. My solution to this is to simply thin it out with an oil free moisturizer. When I sampled the product for the very first time at Sephora, I thinned it out with KVD’s primer and that worked well too.

About reviewer (105 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

10 months ago

So glad they changed the packaging to be less bulky with the 15 mL version. Now it's really small and portable for me. I like to mix this with my moisturizer before putting it on, or else it settles into the lines on my face. When used like this, it covers every blemish and red area for me.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

10 months ago

I love this foundation – with some reservations. It lasts well and covers redness exceptionally well while still giving the skin a flawless, beautiful, non-cakey cover. I bought this after quite a while of using very natural glowy light coverage foundations and found it to be a very refreshing change and have to say I love the full coverage it gives. However – it is not a foundation I use during the day. I have ‘normal’ skin but do get dry patches, particularly has I am now on a prescription retinoid. This really is not kind to dry patches – round my nose and chin it looks awful over them. I find If I use it during the day it really does start to break up hours later and by the afternoon my rosacea is on full view and there’s some breaking up around my chin However for a big night out, I will make sure I have primed very well, and have very moisture plump skin and honestly it gives stunning skin.

About reviewer (146 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2.0

a year ago

I was really really excited to try this. However, it just settled right into every crack, pore, zit, and line in my face. It made my skin look terrible. I heard from someone it works better if you use the Kat Von D primer with it. So I tried that. It definitely didn’t get any better. It’s too expensive for the quality it gives. I tried it again after I did a round of Accutane and my skin was done being dry, it didn’t get any better

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

a year ago

This is truly a matte foundation - to the point that it really shows any dry areas if I don't use a good primer underneath. However, on my non-dry area, it has a beautiful finish. I tend to use just a little bit to start off with and blend it in very thoroughly, then I'll carefully build up from there. That way I can make the most of the high pigmentation and texture, which, when applied lightly, gives me skin a beautiful uniformity of tone. Like I said, not great for very dry skin, but otherwise, a very pretty finish.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

I love this foundation, fantastic coverage a little goes a long way. I also stays on all day. It's really great. The dispenser is great because it lets a little out a time and like I said a little goes a long way.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Olive

HairBrown

1.0

a year ago

to be fair, the first few times i used this, it was amazing. this has an extremely high coverage meaning you do not have to layer on at all. just two pumps will be able to cover your face if you have acne, hyper pigmentation, tattoos... this will look like absolute SHIT when you pespire, even the slightest bit. which is weird because it is extremely mattifying and targeted for oily skin (definitely not dry skin, if you have dry skin, don't even think about getting this). i have combo skin (very very oily on my tzone and dry on my cheeks) and no matter how much i moisturise & prime my face, it settles into every single pore and creases. acne, dry spots, pores, bumps, EVERYTHING you never thought was that obvious, becomes THE MAIN FOCUS. this only looks good for 1-2 hours. i ended up using it as a spot concealer (applied it very very minimally).. pump is messy. overall not worth the price. it would be good if you needed it to cover tattoos, other than that, definite PASS.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive