MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Love this bb cream! Have combination skin that has improved so much since I've been using this, doesn't dry out my dry patches but stops my face feeling oily as the day goes on.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I find it kinda difficult to apply. I tried BB, brushes and fingers but it always goes on really patchy especially if you don't blend it out fast and it builds up really bad where my skin is dry. I avoid using it all over my face and mainly use it on blemishes.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

More coverage than other Bb cream, and buildable. I wear Medium Plus (MAC NC30-35). Doesn't require powder,I only use powder if I want a matte finish. Blends into the skin easily, I use a foundation brush or a beautyblender.

on 9/2/2015 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have sensitive, combination skin (oily-dehydrated) and this works well for my skin type. I am a NC37/40 and I find that the colour of this beauty balm blends into my skin tone well. It glides easily and provides an excellent finish. I don't have much to conceal so I usually put this on right after my sunscreen to even out my skin tone. Due to my oily t-zone I do need to brush on some loose powder to help take away some shine. Another plus point with this product is that it did not oxidise too badly on my skin. I'll say I quite like this product (also, it lasts forever... I've been using my tube daily for the past 6 months at least and its only beginning to run out) so I'll definitely repurchase!

on 5/2/2015 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Being a solid MAC customer, I immediately purchased the Beauty Balm when it was released. Since I personally like light weight foundation I always opt of a BB/CC cream or my ultimate favourite the Studio Fix both in liquid and compact. For this Beauty Balm, I've purchased both the compact and liquid. The liquid being a matte finish for oily skin and the compact for dry skin. I got both because in Sydney the weather is ridiculous so sometimes my face is oily, sometimes extremely dry (perhaps also because of my psoriasis). In mentioning that, I always use organic products on my skin; in fear that chemicals will damage my super sensitive skin.

As of the compact, it comes with a round sponge applicator. I must admit that it's completely pointless. It acquires so much product and barely applies on the skin. I always use a stipling brush to apply the BB which saves a whole lot more product and also applies WAY better. However, the liquid one (despite the fact they both come in 40mL) lasts 10 times (okay a little exaggerated) more longer than the compact. A little bit goes a long way, you just need a peanut drop which shows a decent coverage.

I pair this with the Studio Fix foundation and always spray the Fix+ solution prior to application of ANY product when going clubbing or if I have a long day ahead of me. It lasts forever, I don't necessarily need to reapply. I think it's a good buy, cheaper than most of MAC's foundations and delivers a light to medium coverage. Perfect for day to day use if you only have a short amount of time you can dedicate to doing your make up.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I recently bought this product over the weekend. Over the past year or two I've seen a change in my skin and its gone from normal and occasionally dry or oily to excessively oily. This I believe had a lot to do with my birth control. So I've been experimenting with many different types of makeup. Before trying this product I used the matchmaster by mac and I loved it. But ultimately it was terrible for my skin. I could not keep my face clear for longer than a few days while using that. So I switched to this BB cream. And let me tell you it is amazing!!

I went to the MAC counter expecting to buy the compact but the woman that was helping me recommend the cream in the tube because she said it is formulated to try and help with oily skin but doesn't over dry. I love this product so far. Its buildable and gives a great coverage. If you apply too much however it will come off on your fingers when you touch your face at all which i really didn't like but it kept me from applying too much product. It's light and breathable and after hours of wearing it sometimes depending on many different things I can tell that it has started to come off a bit. But I can either apply a bit more powder to my face or even a bit more foundation depending on what I am doing. My face has already begun to clear and I have yet to have a bad reaction to this makeup. My face is also very sensitive and tends to break out when I try any type of new product.

I will add that I do use a primer under this to help to counter the oil. I use PORfessionals by benefit on my cheeks and often will use Rimmel Stay Matte Primer on my T zone as I have found that type of primer works best for keeping the oil away.
I hope this helps!!

on 7/22/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

overall:
nice bb cream, it has a nice coverage for a bb cream and it applies very smooth and easily. If you have dry patches it doesn't cling to them much but you can see them. If you have oily skin it won't keep you matt firstly because it has a dewy finish (wich isn't bad if it doesn't get shiny) and after a while you can get a little bit shiny but not much, i just blotted and everything was ok. It lasts quite long.

skin type:
If you have normal skin (not dry and not oily) this bb cream is perfect for you! i've got combination to oily skin and it works well for me as well. i wouldn't recommend it for dry skin. before the application you have to exfoliate well (only if your skin needs it) if you don't it doesn't apply nicely and it slightly emphasizes dead skin cells.

ingredients:
It has really great ingredients! 28 recommendable ingredients and only 1 not recommended ingredient (silica, but its only bad if you breath this in).

on the market:
it is pricey but i think its worth it if you're searching for a good bb cream with nice coverage. its available in a lot of shades.

on 5/2/2014 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have very oily skin with hyperpigmentation from acne. I wanted something light because summer is approaching and no one wants a face full of heavy makeup on a hot summers day.

Packaging: This product comes in a sleek black glittery squeeze tube with a rubber twist off cap. The packaging is simple and easy to use. It is 1.3 Oz or 40 mL.

Price: 30 USD which is a lot but a little goes a long way.

Coverage: For a BB cream this gives great coverage. 1layer makes my acne scars less noticable.You can get medium with 2 layers.I usually use concealer on my scars and then I apply it with my elf small stipple brush for a light weight feel with good coverage.

Update May 12 2014. I ended up returning this because After wearing it for about two weeks I noticed that it made my face look greyish. I really did enjoy it but its too expensive of a product to keep since the undertone is so wrong for me. The next and last shade dark is way to dark for me.

Shades: The shades for dark skin is very limited. I got the shade dark and im an NC44/45. and the undertone still isnt perfect. The shade deep dark is the next shade down and its the darkest shade they have. It's realy not dark at all. More like an NC50. The shade range is why I dont thing this deserves 5 stars.

NOTE: I wouldnt recommend this to anyone with dry skin or a lot of fine lines as it settles like a biatch.

on 2/18/2014 3:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is AMAZING!
Ive heard of bb creams but just never jumped on the bandwagon. I was looking for something i can use everyday. Something light
THIS IS IT!
Upon one swatch I just knew this was what ive always been looking for. Just something lightweight and simple that will even my skin out. Ive been using for abt 3 weeks now and have not broken out in anyway. Feels light weight on my skin. I doubt i ever wear another foundation again

on 8/7/2013 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily/dry combination skin.

I really want to love this product, but it's just a big problem from application to its wearing power. Right now I am using it as a primer. I put MAC Studio Fix Fluid (I blended it with moisturizer to make it more hydrating and less coverage) on top. My face looks horrible. You can see all my pores. The other day I used it alone just as a tinted moisturizer, and it has the same effect. I don't know what I am doing it wrong.

I usually use a Beauty Blender (aka a sponge) to apply it or my hands because the stuff doesn't blend too well so I don't want to spend 30 minutes using a brush. It's kind of an arm workout trying to put it on.

No matter what I do, my pores look more noticeable. Also, it cakes around my nose and between my eyebrows and mouth. It seems as though any spot on my face that moves (smile lines etc), that's where it likes to look flakey and cakey at.

The effect is immediate too. It's not like it looks flakey 4 hours later. It looks shiny 4 hours later, but it looks flakey immediately. I even try to spray Fix + on it to fix it, doesn't work. Also, the product is not as matte as I want it to be and knowing that the oil slick comes very soon after, I usually use MAC mineralize studio powder on top which doesn't help the flakiness one bit.

I've tried using two different primers (Smashbox Photo Finish and MAC Prep+Prime Natural Radiance) and also using no primer with this. Either way, the results are horrible.

Only giving it two stars because it does look natural where it doesn't flake and I like how moisturizing it can feel but it doesn't look moisturizing because my skin looks flakely.

Also, this is not even a true BB cream. I feel played now since I realize that after buying it. There is no anti-anging ingredients or skin brightening. It's basically a glorified tinted moisturizer/primer. Lame.