MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

Filtered by eye Color : Black
MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

4.1

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It does a great job covering blemishes without looking cakey. It doesn't give me a breakouts of I forgotten to wash my face at night. All I do I put this on in the morning with my studio fix compact powder and I'm good to go. I swear by this product & I can't leave without it. Pls don't discontinued this

I bought this BB cream long time ago when the craze of BB cream started.
All I can say, I'm not impressed. Meh...

It made my skin flakey everytime I applied it which didn't happen when I used skin79 BB cream. It didn't really give any coverage or evened out my skin tone. I know most BB cream give low-medium coverage but I would expect it to AT LEAST even out my skin tone. I can say I got none from this Mac BB cream.

The texture is thicker than other BB cream which I found hard to blend on my dry skin although I had prepped and moisturized my skin well beforehand. I tried so many methods to make it work, I moisturized my skin 5-10 mins before application being hopeful that the moisturizer would prep my skin first, I tried to apply it right away after moisturizer thinking the moist would help to the BB cream to blend, I tried primer (any kind of primer, silicone based, water based). None of them worked.

The only thing that worked was mixing this BB cream with moisturizer with about 1:1 ratio. It made it easier to apply but then it means it gives even less coverage than before.

I used this BB cream and skin79 alternately. Skin79 is definitely easier to apply and doesn't dry out my skin. This Mac BB cream somehow left a lot of itty bitty gunk on my skin. I would pick this BB cream whenever I wanted to start my day with a disaster and morning rage.

The only thing I like is the packaging, slim and handy. The rest? Meh... I would rather buy cheaper one.

Will I buy this again? No way Jose.

on 7/28/2014 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

If Mac ever discontinues this product, I don't know what I would do with myself. This is the only thing I could use on my skin.

on 7/22/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

overall:
nice bb cream, it has a nice coverage for a bb cream and it applies very smooth and easily. If you have dry patches it doesn't cling to them much but you can see them. If you have oily skin it won't keep you matt firstly because it has a dewy finish (wich isn't bad if it doesn't get shiny) and after a while you can get a little bit shiny but not much, i just blotted and everything was ok. It lasts quite long.

skin type:
If you have normal skin (not dry and not oily) this bb cream is perfect for you! i've got combination to oily skin and it works well for me as well. i wouldn't recommend it for dry skin. before the application you have to exfoliate well (only if your skin needs it) if you don't it doesn't apply nicely and it slightly emphasizes dead skin cells.

ingredients:
It has really great ingredients! 28 recommendable ingredients and only 1 not recommended ingredient (silica, but its only bad if you breath this in).

on the market:
it is pricey but i think its worth it if you're searching for a good bb cream with nice coverage. its available in a lot of shades.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

A few years ago, I just started learning about makeup and dabbled in quite a few Korean BB creams but they were all too pale on my skin, photographed horribly and broke me out. Because of that, I've steered clear of BB creams and stuck to foundations that actually matched my skin tone. Now, a few years older and wiser, I decided to try MAC's BB cream and since it came in a variety of shades, I was little more reassured. I purchased this just a day before I went on a trip to Lisbon and you know what, I was actually brave enough to wear this onto my grueling 12 hour+ plane ride. I'm conscious about the acne marks on my skin, and wanted to wear SPF so I thought this was a good choice - and it was! It lasted all throughout my journey and didn't break me out.

What impressed me about this was that it managed to even out skin tone, and provided decent, buildable coverage without feeling thick or heavy. It left skin smooth, and just the right kind of matte. It kind of drags on the skin so you shouldn't wear a thick layer of moisturizer underneath, just wear something that's light and absorbs well or else the BB cream will ball up. I find that it works best if I apply it with my finger tips. I wear this on casual weekends because it looks very natural and it's so fuss-free. Of course if I want to look more polished (as I do on most days when I go to work) I resort back to my Estee Lauder double wear foundation.

I'm NC25-30 and I got this BB cream in shade Light Plus, which I find matches my skintone well. The downside of this product is that it's quite expensive, it's more expensive than my foundation, and most days I prefer my foundation, which is why I'm giving this 4 stars. But as a BB cream, this is very nice overall.

on 10/27/2010 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Just bought this duty free from Japan - scared as the makeup artist couldn't speak english and I asked him for a primer for my new lightful powder foundation... nevertheless
Absolutely brilliant. Is thick and I was skeptical regards to keeping my makeup sliding but it looks great. Still need to blot, but not as much as my skin is super oily. Skin looks great - glowing, radiant and picture perfect. Definitely will buy again. Only cons - price but everything was expensive in Japan

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I chose near-perfect circumstances to give this beauty balm cream (one of the gazillions available in the Asian market!) a shot. Started my day at a God-forsaken 6 am by slapping on this thick, creamy balm. Blending wasn't exactly a cinch due to its gooey texture, but I was undaunted. With a BB Foundation Brush, I patiently buttered my entire face like it was freshly-popped toast. Persistence paid off. I was rewarded with luminous, Photoshopped skin that looked unbelievably even-colored and radiant. A light dusting of MUFE HD Microfinish Powder and voila! Instant gratification.

Unconvinced nevertheless at the oil-control property of the BB cream (hey, how could a product that looked/felt so impervious possibly keep the dreaded oilies at bay, right?). Hah! I was sure that my face would be an oozing, gleaming mass of oil field in a matter of half an hour, tops.

Went about my work day and forgot about my face. When I popped into the ladies after a late lunch, I was pleasantly taken aback that my complexion looked just as smooth, fresh and dewy (most amazing of all, I was still relatively shine-free!). No blotting or touch-ups required.

Back to my long day that had me running all corners of the island lugging dead weight. My day eventually wrapped at a hot, boisterous al fresco pub for the Germany vs. England match, where I jostled with a sweaty and rowdy crowd for a good three hours. Last time I checked, my makeup was intact and there was zero eyeliner runnage (my eyelids get so oily that lesser eyeliners frequently slide right off; even with the waterproofed ones, there is the occasional corner smudge). I usually apply Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone Treatment on my eyelids to combat this issue, but the BB cream alone works just as impressively.

Highly recommended even for the active, oily-combination-skinned.