MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.1

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 2/5/2016 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Tried this a few times but it whitewashed my complexion. I'm very fair and I used the fair shade but once it was on my face for whatever reason it made me look sooo pasty. And the next shade up was not a good match for me either. It's also a pretty thick consistancy for a BB cream. I expect much more from a high end makeup line. Not worth the money.

on 2/2/2016 3:57:00 AM

I was using this over a year. I liked the color match (extra light) and the fact that it contains spf made me want to continue using it. But somehow I found it a bit thick and "powdery" upon the application and there was something I disliked about the consistency of this product, despite being a bb cream it always looked like full coverage foundation on me. I finished up the tube last week and decided it is time to say goodbye to this product. Maybe I will repurchase it again one day but I believe there are better options available on the market.

on 1/25/2016 11:19:00 PM

This was such a disappointment, the lightest shade was incredibly yellow and moved around my face - it never set, and was even worse on humid days. It had a very strong sunscreen scent and a similar consistency. I wouldn't recommend it at all, I ended up throwing it in the bin.

I really wanted to love this product too because the packaging design is sleek and convenient.

on 1/9/2016 3:40:00 AM

I have used this product for around 3 years,
I would not be without it, I use it as an every day foundation. Despite what other users say I do not have to top this up at all throughout the day. If you want something with heavy coverage this isn't the product for you! It gives a lovely dewy finish and a natural look it also goes on very easily. Plus its non comedogenic! Never caused me a breakout.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So disappointed. I'm very fair (NW 10 in mac) and this just went on so so yellow. I found it heavy and sticky. It kept me fairly matte (with powder on my tzone) but I just hated the heavy sticky feel on my skin. I wouldn't repurchase or recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am a loyal MAC costumer and this product didn't disappoint. At first glance the price may be off putting, but it is well worth it. It lasts for ages, a little goes a long way. Being Irish, I have very pale porcelain skin. I use the lightest shade in the range and it looks very natural, not too dark or light. You can it wear alone or as a primer. It looks great either way. It blends very nicely and I apply it with the mac 187 brush. My skin is quite sensitive and I never break out in red patches or anything after using. Also the SPF 35 is a great bonus. This BB cream doesn't highlight dry patches or imperfections. Overall I'm a very satisfied customer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this a long time ago but im starting to use it again. This goes on really light, and if you have sensitive skin that gets red easily, like mine, be prepared to use a lot, or use foundation over it because i need to cover my redness up. Also kinda is too creamy that it slides off of where i put it, even with primer.

on 6/18/2015 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE the way this looks on my skin. I usually don't like BB creams because they are too greasy. The "BB cream" moniker has become so trendy that every brand has one, and it may even become passe due to some companies developing "CC creams" and even "DD creams." These tinted moisturizers have more antioxidants, higher SPF factors, and sometimes other benefits, but they are still TMs. This is one of the best I've tried.

PROS:

Natural-looking. Light Plus is my perfect shade and people compliment my skin when I wear this, so apparently it doesn't look like makeup. And my skin is not perfect!

The tube packaging is my favorite for travel.

The SPF 35 is part titanium dioxide. My sensitive skin needs mineral sunscreens. (Unfortunately it's not purely mineral.)

I like the amount of coverage; it's enough that I can use it instead of foundation.

The price is $30 versus the higher prices I normally pay for department store foundation.

Does not fade or get oily and lasts for several hours (my skin type is combination, not super oily)

Does not break me out.

Contains sodium hyaluronate which fills in fine lines and makes your skin look smoother. I look for this ingredient now.

Fragrance free

CONS:

Some of the active SPF ingredients are chemical in addition to mineral. I wish it didn't have oxybenzone in it. Mineral sunscreens are the safest for sensitive skin.

It doesn't have the coverage of Hourglass Immaculate Powder Foundation or Le Metier de Beaute Classic Flawless Finish foundation. But the coverage is great for a tinted moisturizer.

It is really best for normal to oily skin, or skin that is slightly dry. It happens to look great on me with my combination skin, but there is a tendency to market products to all skin types and that simply isn't realistic.

Tip: no need to use a primer- this IS your primer. It performs best on bare skin as your first layer, if not your only layer.

Never been a fan of BB creams, nothing ever impressed me but I got a sample of this one and it works beautifully on my skin. I do have to moisturize a little more before applying it cause it is a little more matte than I expected, but the end result is even, natural, skin but better coverage. Great product.

on 3/28/2015 7:47:00 PM

Horrible product! I really hated this stuff! Did nothing for my skin what soever. Do not waste your money on this stuff!