MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

Filtered by hair type : Curly
MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

4.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been using this product for 5 years. This BB Cream was my first ever real make-up product and it's still part of my daily make-up to this day. This is my HG BB Cream, I adore it!
The texture is the perfect consistency and is easy to smooth onto the face. A little bit goes a long way! It provides a light/medium coverage, with a slightly dewy finish. It makes my skin look natural and flawless. It doesn't cake up and doesn't cause me to break out even though my skin has changed in the 5 years. I definitely recommend this BB Cream.
My only complaint is that I wish it were in a pump bottle. But I wish everything was in a pump bottle.

on 5/2/2014 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have very oily skin with hyperpigmentation from acne. I wanted something light because summer is approaching and no one wants a face full of heavy makeup on a hot summers day.

Packaging: This product comes in a sleek black glittery squeeze tube with a rubber twist off cap. The packaging is simple and easy to use. It is 1.3 Oz or 40 mL.

Price: 30 USD which is a lot but a little goes a long way.

Coverage: For a BB cream this gives great coverage. 1layer makes my acne scars less noticable.You can get medium with 2 layers.I usually use concealer on my scars and then I apply it with my elf small stipple brush for a light weight feel with good coverage.

Update May 12 2014. I ended up returning this because After wearing it for about two weeks I noticed that it made my face look greyish. I really did enjoy it but its too expensive of a product to keep since the undertone is so wrong for me. The next and last shade dark is way to dark for me.

Shades: The shades for dark skin is very limited. I got the shade dark and im an NC44/45. and the undertone still isnt perfect. The shade deep dark is the next shade down and its the darkest shade they have. It's realy not dark at all. More like an NC50. The shade range is why I dont thing this deserves 5 stars.

NOTE: I wouldnt recommend this to anyone with dry skin or a lot of fine lines as it settles like a biatch.

on 2/18/2014 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is AMAZING!
Ive heard of bb creams but just never jumped on the bandwagon. I was looking for something i can use everyday. Something light
THIS IS IT!
Upon one swatch I just knew this was what ive always been looking for. Just something lightweight and simple that will even my skin out. Ive been using for abt 3 weeks now and have not broken out in anyway. Feels light weight on my skin. I doubt i ever wear another foundation again

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm loving this BB Cream! Just FYI, it has the same ingredients/different order as Smashbox's and Bobbi Brown's BB Creams so if those weren't quite what you were looking for, I highly recommended MAC's. I have dry very sensitive skin with rosacea. This product hasn't caused any irritation which is always the first test. Luckily other than pink cheeks I don't have much to cover so this provides just enough color to even my color out. It's just glowy enough and I don't even need powder on top unless I want to look a bit more polished. This is my 2nd favorite foundation/TM next to Matchmaster. Also I tried the BB cream in the compact first since I'm so dry but it really made my pores look huge, just didn't work for me. Light is a very good match for my NC15 Matchmaster Shade 1 skin.

on 8/3/2013 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

OK, backstory time.

I was in texas and was walking around and asked what a good foundation for oily skin is. So the Artist showed me this. She went on and on about how she had it on. FOR ONE LADY!!! Don't cake on your makeup and try to give me advice, I'm sorry. And TWO! thanks for the sample. I took it home and in comparison to the Clinique bb cream I liked it. I went to a diff mac counter later to ask another opinion intending to buy the BB cream and she actually put it on me. But with a blush brush.... so it looked funny. But hey I bought it anyway. I find that with the new Benefit 15 Hour primer it goes on without settling into my HUGE pores. And I top it off(Just in case) with a light dusting of Studio Fix powder... I think NW20...
Loving it. May use it all year round too!

UPDATE! 08/06/13

Ok, I find that this product does not help with oily skin over time. I have used everyday now and I see oil come through after only 4 hours... even with studio fix powder(which I am ALSO returning). I just do not like how it settles in lines and pores over time. I wash my face everyday too and prime. So this is going back to the store. Way too pricey for what it does for me. I really wanted to like it because of the cute glittery packaging and the nice coverage it provides. But I have broken out on it and it clogs my pores like CRAZY!! Exposed pores beware.

This is only what it does to me. Feel free to try it if you don't mind spending the money to try. I would ask the return policy too.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. I bought it at my local MAC pro store with my discount rate and I must say that my skin looks flawless! At first I thought it wouldn't cover much. When I put it on my skin, it looked almost like sun tan lotion (I am an NC25) but as rubbed it with my fingers and then let it sit for a minute or 2.....WOW! awesome!!

When you put this on your face, put concealer on your problem areas and then set it with your favorite powder, and you're GOOD TO GO!! I will be buying this again! Love it!!!!!!!!! It also gives an iridecent glow :)