MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 8/6/2017 11:55:00 PM

I purchased this for an everyday use as a light coverage compared to a foundation.
I do not like it, even when the women at MAC put it on me in the store it didn't look good, it was patchy, and stuck to areas more than others and just didn't blend very well. But she promised that it would look good once I have cleansed and moisturized my face (as I came in after a whole day at work), so I bought it.
But she wasn't correct. I have tried this more than 20 times and each time after having it on for only a few hours it was coming off, super oily and unflattering on the skin, just like it was in the store.
I would not recommend this product to any one in the market for a healthy looking bb cream.

on 9/9/2016 9:29:00 PM

Foundations just don't wow me anymore. They take too much time to apply, rarely ever look natural in sunlight and I finally realized my skin is good enough without all the cover. This BB cream goes on like a dream, evens my skin while still looking like skin and looks great all day. I love that I don't look heavily made up any longer. Pretty darn happy with this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It does a great job covering blemishes without looking cakey. It doesn't give me a breakouts of I forgotten to wash my face at night. All I do I put this on in the morning with my studio fix compact powder and I'm good to go. I swear by this product & I can't leave without it. Pls don't discontinued this

i really wanted this to work for me but it makes my skin SO oily after a few hours wear. the coverage is as expected for a bb cream but for the price its a let down.

on 5/25/2016 11:40:00 PM

Nothing special about this product. Just okay. I am rely on mac shades but this one has not too much options. works well on me if i mix with moisturizer. if i wear it normal, 6hr become so oily as usual.

on 5/11/2016 9:34:00 AM

I use this as my go to holiday sun cream and foundation! it stays put during the hot days while giving my skin protection of spf 35, of an evening I apply again as my foundation, its handy to take on board the flight as it is less than 100ml and does two jobs in one product! I have normal to "thirsty" skin and I don't suffer any dry patches with this product, I apply with a foundation brush and it definitely evens out my skin tone, winner!

I bought this BB cream long time ago when the craze of BB cream started.
All I can say, I'm not impressed. Meh...

It made my skin flakey everytime I applied it which didn't happen when I used skin79 BB cream. It didn't really give any coverage or evened out my skin tone. I know most BB cream give low-medium coverage but I would expect it to AT LEAST even out my skin tone. I can say I got none from this Mac BB cream.

The texture is thicker than other BB cream which I found hard to blend on my dry skin although I had prepped and moisturized my skin well beforehand. I tried so many methods to make it work, I moisturized my skin 5-10 mins before application being hopeful that the moisturizer would prep my skin first, I tried to apply it right away after moisturizer thinking the moist would help to the BB cream to blend, I tried primer (any kind of primer, silicone based, water based). None of them worked.

The only thing that worked was mixing this BB cream with moisturizer with about 1:1 ratio. It made it easier to apply but then it means it gives even less coverage than before.

I used this BB cream and skin79 alternately. Skin79 is definitely easier to apply and doesn't dry out my skin. This Mac BB cream somehow left a lot of itty bitty gunk on my skin. I would pick this BB cream whenever I wanted to start my day with a disaster and morning rage.

The only thing I like is the packaging, slim and handy. The rest? Meh... I would rather buy cheaper one.

Will I buy this again? No way Jose.

on 2/22/2016 2:09:00 PM

I have this in medium. I don't like smell first. It is ok for every day use and if you have not probem with acne etc... If you are combination to oily like me, you must set powder and it will stay. I am sure that you can find better bb cream for this money.

on 2/5/2016 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Tried this a few times but it whitewashed my complexion. I'm very fair and I used the fair shade but once it was on my face for whatever reason it made me look sooo pasty. And the next shade up was not a good match for me either. It's also a pretty thick consistancy for a BB cream. I expect much more from a high end makeup line. Not worth the money.

on 12/7/2015 11:06:00 PM

This bb cream i have been getting for 3 years because it never fails. Its light and lasts long. Its a little greasy but that might just be my skin. The only thing to avoid is to just be very careful with powder! too much and it looks cakey easily. i wear barely any with it and somedays like light makeup weekend i don't were any powder with it. :) good bb cream wear it most days!