MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

Filtered by skin type : Oily
MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So disappointed. I'm very fair (NW 10 in mac) and this just went on so so yellow. I found it heavy and sticky. It kept me fairly matte (with powder on my tzone) but I just hated the heavy sticky feel on my skin. I wouldn't repurchase or recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this bb cream and have re-purchased it a few times already. It is very light coverage and I use it at work and after a night of drinking (or anytime my skin isnt great) :P I feel like it improves my skins appearance when I where it several days in a row since it is light and moisturizing. Or it is perfect on days where you dont feel like wearing a lot of makeup but want to improve you skin tone a tad to have that great skin, no makeup needed look :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this BB. I have used several before this and for my oily skin, this is the only one I can use. I have texture issues from scarring, large pores and some wrinkles on my forever. I want these things to be smoothed and filled so my skin looks more natural and just smooth. I have to stay away from matte foundations because it tends to settle in my texture problems and accentuate them. This product does a beautiful job at making my skin look smooth, natural and lasts wonderfully on my oily skin. I do set my t zone with a powder, but it still looks great. This has exceptional coverage in my opinion for a bb. I think the tool you use makes all the difference. I use a real techniques expert face brush, but the Mac dual fiber foundation brush is great too. Love this so much, especially the mineral spf 35!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this a long time ago but im starting to use it again. This goes on really light, and if you have sensitive skin that gets red easily, like mine, be prepared to use a lot, or use foundation over it because i need to cover my redness up. Also kinda is too creamy that it slides off of where i put it, even with primer.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I recently bought this product over the weekend. Over the past year or two I've seen a change in my skin and its gone from normal and occasionally dry or oily to excessively oily. This I believe had a lot to do with my birth control. So I've been experimenting with many different types of makeup. Before trying this product I used the matchmaster by mac and I loved it. But ultimately it was terrible for my skin. I could not keep my face clear for longer than a few days while using that. So I switched to this BB cream. And let me tell you it is amazing!!

I went to the MAC counter expecting to buy the compact but the woman that was helping me recommend the cream in the tube because she said it is formulated to try and help with oily skin but doesn't over dry. I love this product so far. Its buildable and gives a great coverage. If you apply too much however it will come off on your fingers when you touch your face at all which i really didn't like but it kept me from applying too much product. It's light and breathable and after hours of wearing it sometimes depending on many different things I can tell that it has started to come off a bit. But I can either apply a bit more powder to my face or even a bit more foundation depending on what I am doing. My face has already begun to clear and I have yet to have a bad reaction to this makeup. My face is also very sensitive and tends to break out when I try any type of new product.

I will add that I do use a primer under this to help to counter the oil. I use PORfessionals by benefit on my cheeks and often will use Rimmel Stay Matte Primer on my T zone as I have found that type of primer works best for keeping the oil away.
I hope this helps!!

on 5/18/2014 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Very natural coverage... Works great for everyday makeup last good amount of hours... I apply it with a stippling brush or a beauty blender and looks great both ways and I set it with some studio fix powder and fix + and I like that it's in a squeeze tube

on 5/2/2014 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have very oily skin with hyperpigmentation from acne. I wanted something light because summer is approaching and no one wants a face full of heavy makeup on a hot summers day.

Packaging: This product comes in a sleek black glittery squeeze tube with a rubber twist off cap. The packaging is simple and easy to use. It is 1.3 Oz or 40 mL.

Price: 30 USD which is a lot but a little goes a long way.

Coverage: For a BB cream this gives great coverage. 1layer makes my acne scars less noticable.You can get medium with 2 layers.I usually use concealer on my scars and then I apply it with my elf small stipple brush for a light weight feel with good coverage.

Update May 12 2014. I ended up returning this because After wearing it for about two weeks I noticed that it made my face look greyish. I really did enjoy it but its too expensive of a product to keep since the undertone is so wrong for me. The next and last shade dark is way to dark for me.

Shades: The shades for dark skin is very limited. I got the shade dark and im an NC44/45. and the undertone still isnt perfect. The shade deep dark is the next shade down and its the darkest shade they have. It's realy not dark at all. More like an NC50. The shade range is why I dont thing this deserves 5 stars.

NOTE: I wouldnt recommend this to anyone with dry skin or a lot of fine lines as it settles like a biatch.

on 3/27/2014 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this BB cream. I have some redness and very light acne scars and this covers both of those and gives my skin a very smooth and even finish. This paired with a finishing powder is now my HG foundation look! My shade was light plus which is great for those who are light skinned with a little bit of a tan.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased this product after deciding my MAC Pro-longwear foundation was just a little too heavy for what I was looking for. I used this product for weeks before finally deciding against it. At first, I loved it! I felt it had the perfect coverage that was just right for my skin. After a few weeks I began noticing it settling into my lines (laugh lines). I also felt it never really settled onto my skin. It moved around a lot, I couldn't wipe my face with the slightest pressure without leaving an obvious mark on my face. I found that it also broke out my acne-prone skin, which isn't really that hard to do, but I didn't need/want this contributing to the problem. I feel that if your skin was more dry, and not as acne prone, you may love this BB cream, but for me, it was a bust.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love the way this product looks on my skin. I can use it alone or as a primer and its really beautiful. Unfortunately, it breaks me out. Which sucks because no one else seems to have this issue. I am also really oily and feel like by the end of the day my skin is super slick if I use this product without my foundation. Bummer because I really do like the way this looks in my skin.