MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

Filtered by skin type : Combination
MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 11/2/2017 10:47:00 AM

I've already bought my second tube! It is fantastic for everyday use! I am a teacher and I live in Athens. Lots of sun even in winter and humidity. This BB protects my face (SPF35), has a great coverage for a bb cream and lasts long. At work I may be a lot under the sun or running up and down the stairs and most bb creams have failed me. Not this one.
I am light plus and wear it with my Mac Studio Fix powder on top which helps the cream last longer and gives some more coverage. I spray my face with Avene thermal water after applying the powder and my skin looks great and natural.

on 8/6/2017 11:55:00 PM

I purchased this for an everyday use as a light coverage compared to a foundation.
I do not like it, even when the women at MAC put it on me in the store it didn't look good, it was patchy, and stuck to areas more than others and just didn't blend very well. But she promised that it would look good once I have cleansed and moisturized my face (as I came in after a whole day at work), so I bought it.
But she wasn't correct. I have tried this more than 20 times and each time after having it on for only a few hours it was coming off, super oily and unflattering on the skin, just like it was in the store.
I would not recommend this product to any one in the market for a healthy looking bb cream.

This is my go to! I find it has a fair amount of coverage for a BB cream, which is great for my skin. It is light but build able. I do get oily in my T zone as the day goes on so if you're looking at a long makeup day it would probably need a touch up after 8 hours. I always set my BB cream with my MAC Studio Fix powder to keep my face looking matte and that usually works for me! The price is a little high but that is to be expected with MAC and honestly if I find something that works for me I don't mind paying a little extra for a good product. I don't use this every single day (maybe 3-5 days a week) and so it does last me almost a full year which is great!

I'm giving this 4/5 lippies because although I personally enjoy this product and have repurchased it, I do not find it *amazing* and would be open to considering other products especially at a more affordable price. I do, however, recommend this to anyone looking for a nice BB cream or if you are curious about this say go for it!

i really wanted this to work for me but it makes my skin SO oily after a few hours wear. the coverage is as expected for a bb cream but for the price its a let down.

on 5/25/2016 11:40:00 PM

Nothing special about this product. Just okay. I am rely on mac shades but this one has not too much options. works well on me if i mix with moisturizer. if i wear it normal, 6hr become so oily as usual.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

More coverage than other Bb cream, and buildable. I wear Medium Plus (MAC NC30-35). Doesn't require powder,I only use powder if I want a matte finish. Blends into the skin easily, I use a foundation brush or a beautyblender.

on 2/2/2016 3:57:00 AM

I was using this over a year. I liked the color match (extra light) and the fact that it contains spf made me want to continue using it. But somehow I found it a bit thick and "powdery" upon the application and there was something I disliked about the consistency of this product, despite being a bb cream it always looked like full coverage foundation on me. I finished up the tube last week and decided it is time to say goodbye to this product. Maybe I will repurchase it again one day but I believe there are better options available on the market.

on 1/25/2016 11:19:00 PM

This was such a disappointment, the lightest shade was incredibly yellow and moved around my face - it never set, and was even worse on humid days. It had a very strong sunscreen scent and a similar consistency. I wouldn't recommend it at all, I ended up throwing it in the bin.

I really wanted to love this product too because the packaging design is sleek and convenient.

on 10/16/2015 3:47:00 PM

NO. Just NO! It smells like heavy sunscreen, its texture is heavy and sticky and feels heavy on my skin. You also need to blot it every hour. Not good Mac. no no! I feel sorry for the money I spent on it. It's so bad, I won't even give it away to any of my friends.

on 9/2/2015 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have sensitive, combination skin (oily-dehydrated) and this works well for my skin type. I am a NC37/40 and I find that the colour of this beauty balm blends into my skin tone well. It glides easily and provides an excellent finish. I don't have much to conceal so I usually put this on right after my sunscreen to even out my skin tone. Due to my oily t-zone I do need to brush on some loose powder to help take away some shine. Another plus point with this product is that it did not oxidise too badly on my skin. I'll say I quite like this product (also, it lasts forever... I've been using my tube daily for the past 6 months at least and its only beginning to run out) so I'll definitely repurchase!