MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

Filtered by skin type : Dry
MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

2.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 1/21/2017 2:29:00 AM

This is my first BB cream ever, well i have dry skin and didnt have high hopes for this product, but I almost love it! It's really soft and light for my skin, did a good job for fixing discolorations. I use flat top brush with two puff of mac fix plus spray, blends really well. Just i dont like the smell, sunscreen scent! I like wearing it daily when im going to work.

I bought this BB cream long time ago when the craze of BB cream started.
All I can say, I'm not impressed. Meh...

It made my skin flakey everytime I applied it which didn't happen when I used skin79 BB cream. It didn't really give any coverage or evened out my skin tone. I know most BB cream give low-medium coverage but I would expect it to AT LEAST even out my skin tone. I can say I got none from this Mac BB cream.

The texture is thicker than other BB cream which I found hard to blend on my dry skin although I had prepped and moisturized my skin well beforehand. I tried so many methods to make it work, I moisturized my skin 5-10 mins before application being hopeful that the moisturizer would prep my skin first, I tried to apply it right away after moisturizer thinking the moist would help to the BB cream to blend, I tried primer (any kind of primer, silicone based, water based). None of them worked.

The only thing that worked was mixing this BB cream with moisturizer with about 1:1 ratio. It made it easier to apply but then it means it gives even less coverage than before.

I used this BB cream and skin79 alternately. Skin79 is definitely easier to apply and doesn't dry out my skin. This Mac BB cream somehow left a lot of itty bitty gunk on my skin. I would pick this BB cream whenever I wanted to start my day with a disaster and morning rage.

The only thing I like is the packaging, slim and handy. The rest? Meh... I would rather buy cheaper one.

Will I buy this again? No way Jose.

on 3/28/2015 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I wanted to like this as i have just recently "discovered" MAC". However while the coverage is what I would expect from a BB cream and the color, light was fine, it felt sticky. The nice salesperson gave me a sample to try at home. I used it for the second time today and even a few hours later, I just didn't like the way it felt. My skin is on the dryer side and somewhat sensitive. A plus is I did not have a bad reaction.

on 2/10/2015 1:37:00 AM

Really disappointed with this product. I have dry skin and quite large pores on my nose and chin, which I always managed to cover quite well with Clinique foundations. But Clinique don't sell a shade light enough for my skin now so I went for this one. It just makes my pores look huge and just doesn't blend at all. I tried applying with a brush and with fingers but neither helped. I tried to put my Clinique Chubby Stick blusher on over it but it the BB cream just slid off! I definitely would not buy this one again. Shame as I love a lot of Mac products.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a sample of this a few months ago and it has lasted forever! I think I'm ready to purchase the full size after being consistently impressed with this product. Pros: SPF is fairly high, the color matches my skin after the original "zombie" look of BB creams, and the packaging is great. Cons: you have to really exfoliate your skin well to make this BB work. It looks patchy and uneven if you don't. Also, you will have a whitish "zombie" look initially, but for whatever reason, the product darkens after about 10 minutes to a nice, flat finish.

EDIT: After using this a week, I found that it really dried my skin. There were patchy areas on my cheeks and I could never get it fully blended into my skin, despite the fact that I exfoliated first. I returned this BB cream.

I bought this product while looking for a tinted moisturizer with spf in it.
Well,this one didn't fill my cup.Although it did suited my skin color perfectly,and felt really light,like I was make up free,it made my pores look huge!Also it made me shine a lot,not in a dewy way.I have dry skin and it made me look oily!It is such a pity because i spent 28 euros(about 32 dollars) for a product that dosent work for me.There are better and cheaper bb creams on the market than this.

on 9/21/2013 12:12:00 PM

Sorry to give this a poor review but I'm doing it for a specific reason - the makeupandbeautyblog.com blogger Karen did a review of this product and she showed a close up of the ingredients (thank you Karen!) and this has Wheat and Barley in it! I was really excited to try this but I have Celiac disease, and cannot tolerate gluten, which is a protein found in Wheat, Rye and Barley. I'll try to start listing as many things as possible that do have gluten and perhaps that will be of help to other ladies (or men too) that can't have gluten for whatever reason. I know there are a lot of other blogs out there that try to list cosmetics that either do or don't have it in it, but a lot of those sites aren't regularly updated or they have obscure brands that can only be purchased online and I'd rather just try to find something at a local store I can use and pay cash$money for and not use my credit card online....I digress. Sorry to be the bearer of the 1* for this, generally a fan of MAC, but thought inquiring gluten free minds might like to know.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this BB cream from MAC. Last week, I got the Clarins BB cream and while I really like it, I do find it (the lightest shade they have) to be a bit dark for me. I wish I'd tried the MAC BB cream first. While the Clarins runs dark, MAC runs light and right now, they don't have any dark shades at all. I got a very generous sample in the shade "Light" and it is perfect. Coverage is excellent - light but still effective in covering up what needs a bit of "hiding" - and very natural looking but it makes my skin look so "enlivened". I just love the effect it gives. And this has a really pretty, pleasant scent as well. I think I may well purchase the full size of this to use now, and once summer hits and I'm a bit darker (even though I always wear sun protection), I'll use the Clarins BB to finish it up. But I think this MAC BB cream and the Tarte one (once it gets Canadian approval to make sun protection claims) are the best of all the ones I've tried and they will probably be my mainstay BB creams. If your skin is on the fairer side, do yourself a favour and at least give this a try.

for me it's kinda heavy for my face. it's okay.

on 7/30/2012 6:40:00 PM

I like everything about this product, highly recommended if you are pale. I'm NC 15 and this is perfect. I use it as a tinted moisturizer. The coverage is medium, feels great and looks flawless when I blend with the fingers. No complaints and the price is right too, 30 mLs for $30.

MAC writes:
Prep + Prime Beauty Balm is lightly tinted in a nearly sheer beige tone to work on an array of complexions, it creamily re-texturizes the skin and then goes on to excel at being a face primer with high everyday UVA/UVB SPF 35 defense.

Update- this is being sold in three shades now while originally there was just one option. I used the MAC chat to figure out which one to reorder and apparently, the orig one is now the Light shade.