MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

Filtered by skin type : Other
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.2

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

This is my favorite bb cream. It actually gives a decent light coverage, it won't cover up like a foundation but will even out your skin tone. This formula is similar to studio sculpt foundation but not as thick and is easier to blend. I use either my hands or as buffing brush to apply it. If you lightly set with powder it will last all day. I haven't tried many Korean BB creams but don't feel the need to when i have MAC BB cream. I have to buy 2 shades medium and medium plus because I'm in between shades. Same with MAC powders too I have to get 2 shades. I'm about NC 25-30 in MAC foundations. Studio fix fluid I'm NC25 mixed with NC30. Studio sculpt NC30. Pro Longwear waterproof nourishing NC37. Note the Bobbi Brown BB cream is same as MAC just at higher price. I wear shade natural in Bobbi Brown BB cream so I don't have to mix.

on 3/29/2018 10:41:00 PM

I LOVE this product! I have combination skin, it tends to be oily in my T zone, but living in the Northern United States, the winters can be very brutal and drying. I've tried different BB creams, different combinations of tinted moisturizers and/or BB creams but NOTHING keeps my skin looking as nice as the MAC BB balm. I ran out, and ended up using a different brand and it ruined my skin. I switched back to this product, and within 3 weeks my skin was looking dewy and GLOWING. I had co-workers and family comment on my appearance, asking if I'd gotten a haircut or gotten new makeup. It also provides just the right amount of coverage for me, and I usually wear just this BB cream as foundation for everyday use. However, if I'm going out or just want to get a little more dressed up, I use the MAC studio fix powder over it, which is perfect. It doesn't feel too heavy or cakey, and the coverage stays smooth. I will say it feels a little more "make-up-y" going on than other lighter tinted moisturizers or other BB creams I've used, but considering I use it as a light foundation, I like the extra coverage.

on 2/3/2016 9:34:00 AM

The SPF on this is a great addition (I bought it for use overseas), but there is something in this formulation which makes my skin on my nose dry and peel if I use it every day :( Coverage is more than I expected from a BB cream, it applies pretty well and the finish is not too matte or flat (though can get a little cakey on dry areas and over enlarged pores). I will use this up (it's lasted for ages!) but I definitely won't repurchase.

on 3/18/2014 2:30:00 AM

Normal

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I don't use much much anymore because i find it too heavy. This made my skin break out terribly. I haven't used it in 6 days and my skin is still suffering for the few days I used it. But when I did you it i really like the coverage it gave.

on 3/29/2013 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Good coverage, matches my skin tone well but, it makes my face look so dry!

this is my first bb cream and it is everything i had hoped. it provides spf protection and has the perfect amount of coverage. even though my skin is generally spot free, i tend to be a little ruddy across my cheeks and nose. this provides enough coverage to even my skin out, and also acts as a great base for other makeup. i use this with tarte blissful cheek stain and my skin looks super healthy and fresh.

on 1/4/2013 11:40:00 AM

I have been using Mac bb cream for a few weeks and love it! I have oily break out prone skin and was very worried about trying a new product. This is great; no break outs and I like that it does not look like a mask, but still build-able if I need more coverage. It also keeps my skin from looking too oily. I am very fair, with blue eyes, some redness- but the lightest color was too light for me, so I'm wearing number 2 out of 3, called "light"

on 12/2/2012 1:42:00 AM

I tried the MAC BB Cream in hopes of finding a shade that better matched/complimented my skin than the MISSHA I've been using for over a year. This was my first MAC purchase, so I don't know what my regular MAC shade would be. The consultant chose Light Plus for me, and indeed this is a better color for me than a mix of MISSHA 21 & 23.

Although I am happy with the color, this doesn't provide the coverage I've been accustomed to with the thicker MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream. Also, I've been having little whiteheads all over with this product. I'm thinking of exchanging it for a non BB foundation. Even with a generous application of powder on top, I'm just not getting the even/polished look I prefer.