MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 11/2/2017 10:47:00 AM

I've already bought my second tube! It is fantastic for everyday use! I am a teacher and I live in Athens. Lots of sun even in winter and humidity. This BB protects my face (SPF35), has a great coverage for a bb cream and lasts long. At work I may be a lot under the sun or running up and down the stairs and most bb creams have failed me. Not this one.
I am light plus and wear it with my Mac Studio Fix powder on top which helps the cream last longer and gives some more coverage. I spray my face with Avene thermal water after applying the powder and my skin looks great and natural.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have nothing bad to say about this BB. Most of the time BB creams have been too dark, greasy or light coverage for me. I think I generally like something with light to medium coverage but something that looks like skin. This is literally the first BB cream I like. My skintype is dry on winter and a somewhat more combination on the summer. And the lightest shade is perfect for me. Another complexion makeup I like is the Bobbi Brown skin foundation and Bobbi Brown stick foundation, but those are more expensive than this one. I also like MAC face and body but I find that one a bit too sticky to feel and sometimes too sheer. This one blurs more than face and body. I really love this and I will repurchase.

on 1/21/2017 2:29:00 AM

This is my first BB cream ever, well i have dry skin and didnt have high hopes for this product, but I almost love it! It's really soft and light for my skin, did a good job for fixing discolorations. I use flat top brush with two puff of mac fix plus spray, blends really well. Just i dont like the smell, sunscreen scent! I like wearing it daily when im going to work.

This is my go to! I find it has a fair amount of coverage for a BB cream, which is great for my skin. It is light but build able. I do get oily in my T zone as the day goes on so if you're looking at a long makeup day it would probably need a touch up after 8 hours. I always set my BB cream with my MAC Studio Fix powder to keep my face looking matte and that usually works for me! The price is a little high but that is to be expected with MAC and honestly if I find something that works for me I don't mind paying a little extra for a good product. I don't use this every single day (maybe 3-5 days a week) and so it does last me almost a full year which is great!

I'm giving this 4/5 lippies because although I personally enjoy this product and have repurchased it, I do not find it *amazing* and would be open to considering other products especially at a more affordable price. I do, however, recommend this to anyone looking for a nice BB cream or if you are curious about this say go for it!

on 3/31/2016 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product has both many positives and negatives.
I've searched for a BB cream which suits my NW10 skin tone, therefore after thinking about it for a while I decided to purchase it in the shade Extra light and it looks great!
I'm a bit hesitant on using to be honest, I mean its $44 so I am pretty wary on how much I use as I don't want to waste it but it blends so well and feels nice throughout the day.
If you can find a BB cream from another brand that matches your skin tone I'd go with it but if you need the extreme shades it's something to keep in mind.

on 2/2/2016 3:57:00 AM

I was using this over a year. I liked the color match (extra light) and the fact that it contains spf made me want to continue using it. But somehow I found it a bit thick and "powdery" upon the application and there was something I disliked about the consistency of this product, despite being a bb cream it always looked like full coverage foundation on me. I finished up the tube last week and decided it is time to say goodbye to this product. Maybe I will repurchase it again one day but I believe there are better options available on the market.

on 1/25/2016 11:19:00 PM

This was such a disappointment, the lightest shade was incredibly yellow and moved around my face - it never set, and was even worse on humid days. It had a very strong sunscreen scent and a similar consistency. I wouldn't recommend it at all, I ended up throwing it in the bin.

I really wanted to love this product too because the packaging design is sleek and convenient.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

i read this was for oily and combination skin types only but this works well on my normal dry skin (winter skin). It goes on easily and feels lightweight. Lasts all day, diffuses redness, offers light coverage. MSBB. I wear the Light Plus. This fits the bill for a product I was unconsciously looking for. Great Spf. I really can't ask for more from a product. And it does not make my mature skin look older, does not settle in my lines or pores. Really a great product.

I didn't really like this when I first tried it. But I recently decided to give it another try as I've been breaking out badly from the foundations I have. This BB cream doesn't seem to break me out which is great ! I really like my shade (extra light) however I think it photographs quite badly. The coverage is light, it blurs imperfections out a bit but won't cover them that well. For me the coverage is perfect for everyday use !. It's a little thick but it feels fairly lightweight. It wears quite well, it didn't seem to oxidise and the coverage didn't fade that much. I wouldn't recommend trying to build it too much as it can get quite cakey. Overall a pretty good product !!

on 1/9/2016 3:40:00 AM

I have used this product for around 3 years,
I would not be without it, I use it as an every day foundation. Despite what other users say I do not have to top this up at all throughout the day. If you want something with heavy coverage this isn't the product for you! It gives a lovely dewy finish and a natural look it also goes on very easily. Plus its non comedogenic! Never caused me a breakout.