MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 11/2/2017 10:47:00 AM

I've already bought my second tube! It is fantastic for everyday use! I am a teacher and I live in Athens. Lots of sun even in winter and humidity. This BB protects my face (SPF35), has a great coverage for a bb cream and lasts long. At work I may be a lot under the sun or running up and down the stairs and most bb creams have failed me. Not this one.
I am light plus and wear it with my Mac Studio Fix powder on top which helps the cream last longer and gives some more coverage. I spray my face with Avene thermal water after applying the powder and my skin looks great and natural.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have nothing bad to say about this BB. Most of the time BB creams have been too dark, greasy or light coverage for me. I think I generally like something with light to medium coverage but something that looks like skin. This is literally the first BB cream I like. My skintype is dry on winter and a somewhat more combination on the summer. And the lightest shade is perfect for me. Another complexion makeup I like is the Bobbi Brown skin foundation and Bobbi Brown stick foundation, but those are more expensive than this one. I also like MAC face and body but I find that one a bit too sticky to feel and sometimes too sheer. This one blurs more than face and body. I really love this and I will repurchase.

on 9/9/2016 9:29:00 PM

Foundations just don't wow me anymore. They take too much time to apply, rarely ever look natural in sunlight and I finally realized my skin is good enough without all the cover. This BB cream goes on like a dream, evens my skin while still looking like skin and looks great all day. I love that I don't look heavily made up any longer. Pretty darn happy with this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It does a great job covering blemishes without looking cakey. It doesn't give me a breakouts of I forgotten to wash my face at night. All I do I put this on in the morning with my studio fix compact powder and I'm good to go. I swear by this product & I can't leave without it. Pls don't discontinued this

on 5/11/2016 9:34:00 AM

I use this as my go to holiday sun cream and foundation! it stays put during the hot days while giving my skin protection of spf 35, of an evening I apply again as my foundation, its handy to take on board the flight as it is less than 100ml and does two jobs in one product! I have normal to "thirsty" skin and I don't suffer any dry patches with this product, I apply with a foundation brush and it definitely evens out my skin tone, winner!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

i read this was for oily and combination skin types only but this works well on my normal dry skin (winter skin). It goes on easily and feels lightweight. Lasts all day, diffuses redness, offers light coverage. MSBB. I wear the Light Plus. This fits the bill for a product I was unconsciously looking for. Great Spf. I really can't ask for more from a product. And it does not make my mature skin look older, does not settle in my lines or pores. Really a great product.

on 9/2/2015 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have sensitive, combination skin (oily-dehydrated) and this works well for my skin type. I am a NC37/40 and I find that the colour of this beauty balm blends into my skin tone well. It glides easily and provides an excellent finish. I don't have much to conceal so I usually put this on right after my sunscreen to even out my skin tone. Due to my oily t-zone I do need to brush on some loose powder to help take away some shine. Another plus point with this product is that it did not oxidise too badly on my skin. I'll say I quite like this product (also, it lasts forever... I've been using my tube daily for the past 6 months at least and its only beginning to run out) so I'll definitely repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am a loyal MAC costumer and this product didn't disappoint. At first glance the price may be off putting, but it is well worth it. It lasts for ages, a little goes a long way. Being Irish, I have very pale porcelain skin. I use the lightest shade in the range and it looks very natural, not too dark or light. You can it wear alone or as a primer. It looks great either way. It blends very nicely and I apply it with the mac 187 brush. My skin is quite sensitive and I never break out in red patches or anything after using. Also the SPF 35 is a great bonus. This BB cream doesn't highlight dry patches or imperfections. Overall I'm a very satisfied customer.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this BB. I have used several before this and for my oily skin, this is the only one I can use. I have texture issues from scarring, large pores and some wrinkles on my forever. I want these things to be smoothed and filled so my skin looks more natural and just smooth. I have to stay away from matte foundations because it tends to settle in my texture problems and accentuate them. This product does a beautiful job at making my skin look smooth, natural and lasts wonderfully on my oily skin. I do set my t zone with a powder, but it still looks great. This has exceptional coverage in my opinion for a bb. I think the tool you use makes all the difference. I use a real techniques expert face brush, but the Mac dual fiber foundation brush is great too. Love this so much, especially the mineral spf 35!

on 6/18/2015 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE the way this looks on my skin. I usually don't like BB creams because they are too greasy. The "BB cream" moniker has become so trendy that every brand has one, and it may even become passe due to some companies developing "CC creams" and even "DD creams." These tinted moisturizers have more antioxidants, higher SPF factors, and sometimes other benefits, but they are still TMs. This is one of the best I've tried.

PROS:

Natural-looking. Light Plus is my perfect shade and people compliment my skin when I wear this, so apparently it doesn't look like makeup. And my skin is not perfect!

The tube packaging is my favorite for travel.

The SPF 35 is part titanium dioxide. My sensitive skin needs mineral sunscreens. (Unfortunately it's not purely mineral.)

I like the amount of coverage; it's enough that I can use it instead of foundation.

The price is $30 versus the higher prices I normally pay for department store foundation.

Does not fade or get oily and lasts for several hours (my skin type is combination, not super oily)

Does not break me out.

Contains sodium hyaluronate which fills in fine lines and makes your skin look smoother. I look for this ingredient now.

Fragrance free

CONS:

Some of the active SPF ingredients are chemical in addition to mineral. I wish it didn't have oxybenzone in it. Mineral sunscreens are the safest for sensitive skin.

It doesn't have the coverage of Hourglass Immaculate Powder Foundation or Le Metier de Beaute Classic Flawless Finish foundation. But the coverage is great for a tinted moisturizer.

It is really best for normal to oily skin, or skin that is slightly dry. It happens to look great on me with my combination skin, but there is a tendency to market products to all skin types and that simply isn't realistic.

Tip: no need to use a primer- this IS your primer. It performs best on bare skin as your first layer, if not your only layer.