MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

This is my favorite bb cream. It actually gives a decent light coverage, it won't cover up like a foundation but will even out your skin tone. This formula is similar to studio sculpt foundation but not as thick and is easier to blend. I use either my hands or as buffing brush to apply it. If you lightly set with powder it will last all day. I haven't tried many Korean BB creams but don't feel the need to when i have MAC BB cream. I have to buy 2 shades medium and medium plus because I'm in between shades. Same with MAC powders too I have to get 2 shades. I'm about NC 25-30 in MAC foundations. Studio fix fluid I'm NC25 mixed with NC30. Studio sculpt NC30. Pro Longwear waterproof nourishing NC37. Note the Bobbi Brown BB cream is same as MAC just at higher price. I wear shade natural in Bobbi Brown BB cream so I don't have to mix.

on 7/23/2018 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have fairly good skin so the mac bb cream worked great for me. It worked like a light coverage foundation but more coverage than a tinted moisturizer.. Basically your flaws show through but a bit airbrushed and evened out if that makes sense. This product makes my already good skin look so much better. Not flawless but still natural beautiful. Much better to use your fingers to apply this product. I found the beauty blender sheared it out too much. If you have a lot you want to cover, than this product probably isn't for you. When I want absolutely flawless skin , my eyeshadow and rest of makeup is all decked out, then I reach for my favorite foundation which is not from Mac.. The Mac bb cream is a good product, it depends on how much coverage you want and how good your skin is from the start. Good for dry skin, which I have. Not sure about other skin types. This was on sale for 19 dollars at Norstrom so I bought it to see if it would replace my favorite foundation. It didn't replace it but I definitely don't regret the purchase. With any foundation /bb cream Id always recommend to see if you can try a sample before making a purchase.

on 4/16/2018 3:38:00 PM

On my 3rd tube of this stuff! Works well to wear as an alternative for foundation , wear in the summer / on holidays and if you want a bit of coverage. when I do try and layer it can look cakey. Best applied with a brush compared to a sponge. I’m shade medium which is slightly more tanned ( and orange) than I am probably have the wrong shade. Price wise i think it should be slightly cheaper than their foundation as it doesn’t give much coverage.

on 3/29/2018 10:41:00 PM

I LOVE this product! I have combination skin, it tends to be oily in my T zone, but living in the Northern United States, the winters can be very brutal and drying. I've tried different BB creams, different combinations of tinted moisturizers and/or BB creams but NOTHING keeps my skin looking as nice as the MAC BB balm. I ran out, and ended up using a different brand and it ruined my skin. I switched back to this product, and within 3 weeks my skin was looking dewy and GLOWING. I had co-workers and family comment on my appearance, asking if I'd gotten a haircut or gotten new makeup. It also provides just the right amount of coverage for me, and I usually wear just this BB cream as foundation for everyday use. However, if I'm going out or just want to get a little more dressed up, I use the MAC studio fix powder over it, which is perfect. It doesn't feel too heavy or cakey, and the coverage stays smooth. I will say it feels a little more "make-up-y" going on than other lighter tinted moisturizers or other BB creams I've used, but considering I use it as a light foundation, I like the extra coverage.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Love this bb cream! Have combination skin that has improved so much since I've been using this, doesn't dry out my dry patches but stops my face feeling oily as the day goes on.

on 11/2/2017 10:47:00 AM

I've already bought my second tube! It is fantastic for everyday use! I am a teacher and I live in Athens. Lots of sun even in winter and humidity. This BB protects my face (SPF35), has a great coverage for a bb cream and lasts long. At work I may be a lot under the sun or running up and down the stairs and most bb creams have failed me. Not this one.
I am light plus and wear it with my Mac Studio Fix powder on top which helps the cream last longer and gives some more coverage. I spray my face with Avene thermal water after applying the powder and my skin looks great and natural.

on 8/6/2017 11:55:00 PM

I purchased this for an everyday use as a light coverage compared to a foundation.
I do not like it, even when the women at MAC put it on me in the store it didn't look good, it was patchy, and stuck to areas more than others and just didn't blend very well. But she promised that it would look good once I have cleansed and moisturized my face (as I came in after a whole day at work), so I bought it.
But she wasn't correct. I have tried this more than 20 times and each time after having it on for only a few hours it was coming off, super oily and unflattering on the skin, just like it was in the store.
I would not recommend this product to any one in the market for a healthy looking bb cream.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have nothing bad to say about this BB. Most of the time BB creams have been too dark, greasy or light coverage for me. I think I generally like something with light to medium coverage but something that looks like skin. This is literally the first BB cream I like. My skintype is dry on winter and a somewhat more combination on the summer. And the lightest shade is perfect for me. Another complexion makeup I like is the Bobbi Brown skin foundation and Bobbi Brown stick foundation, but those are more expensive than this one. I also like MAC face and body but I find that one a bit too sticky to feel and sometimes too sheer. This one blurs more than face and body. I really love this and I will repurchase.

on 1/21/2017 2:29:00 AM

This is my first BB cream ever, well i have dry skin and didnt have high hopes for this product, but I almost love it! It's really soft and light for my skin, did a good job for fixing discolorations. I use flat top brush with two puff of mac fix plus spray, blends really well. Just i dont like the smell, sunscreen scent! I like wearing it daily when im going to work.

on 9/9/2016 9:29:00 PM

Foundations just don't wow me anymore. They take too much time to apply, rarely ever look natural in sunlight and I finally realized my skin is good enough without all the cover. This BB cream goes on like a dream, evens my skin while still looking like skin and looks great all day. I love that I don't look heavily made up any longer. Pretty darn happy with this.