MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

This is my go to! I find it has a fair amount of coverage for a BB cream, which is great for my skin. It is light but build able. I do get oily in my T zone as the day goes on so if you're looking at a long makeup day it would probably need a touch up after 8 hours. I always set my BB cream with my MAC Studio Fix powder to keep my face looking matte and that usually works for me! The price is a little high but that is to be expected with MAC and honestly if I find something that works for me I don't mind paying a little extra for a good product. I don't use this every single day (maybe 3-5 days a week) and so it does last me almost a full year which is great!

I'm giving this 4/5 lippies because although I personally enjoy this product and have repurchased it, I do not find it *amazing* and would be open to considering other products especially at a more affordable price. I do, however, recommend this to anyone looking for a nice BB cream or if you are curious about this say go for it!

i really wanted this to work for me but it makes my skin SO oily after a few hours wear. the coverage is as expected for a bb cream but for the price its a let down.

To Read all 138 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/25/2016 11:40:00 PM

Nothing special about this product. Just okay. I am rely on mac shades but this one has not too much options. works well on me if i mix with moisturizer. if i wear it normal, 6hr become so oily as usual.

on 5/11/2016 9:34:00 AM

I use this as my go to holiday sun cream and foundation! it stays put during the hot days while giving my skin protection of spf 35, of an evening I apply again as my foundation, its handy to take on board the flight as it is less than 100ml and does two jobs in one product! I have normal to "thirsty" skin and I don't suffer any dry patches with this product, I apply with a foundation brush and it definitely evens out my skin tone, winner!

on 3/31/2016 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product has both many positives and negatives.
I've searched for a BB cream which suits my NW10 skin tone, therefore after thinking about it for a while I decided to purchase it in the shade Extra light and it looks great!
I'm a bit hesitant on using to be honest, I mean its $44 so I am pretty wary on how much I use as I don't want to waste it but it blends so well and feels nice throughout the day.
If you can find a BB cream from another brand that matches your skin tone I'd go with it but if you need the extreme shades it's something to keep in mind.

I bought this BB cream long time ago when the craze of BB cream started.
All I can say, I'm not impressed. Meh...

It made my skin flakey everytime I applied it which didn't happen when I used skin79 BB cream. It didn't really give any coverage or evened out my skin tone. I know most BB cream give low-medium coverage but I would expect it to AT LEAST even out my skin tone. I can say I got none from this Mac BB cream.

The texture is thicker than other BB cream which I found hard to blend on my dry skin although I had prepped and moisturized my skin well beforehand. I tried so many methods to make it work, I moisturized my skin 5-10 mins before application being hopeful that the moisturizer would prep my skin first, I tried to apply it right away after moisturizer thinking the moist would help to the BB cream to blend, I tried primer (any kind of primer, silicone based, water based). None of them worked.

The only thing that worked was mixing this BB cream with moisturizer with about 1:1 ratio. It made it easier to apply but then it means it gives even less coverage than before.

I used this BB cream and skin79 alternately. Skin79 is definitely easier to apply and doesn't dry out my skin. This Mac BB cream somehow left a lot of itty bitty gunk on my skin. I would pick this BB cream whenever I wanted to start my day with a disaster and morning rage.

The only thing I like is the packaging, slim and handy. The rest? Meh... I would rather buy cheaper one.

Will I buy this again? No way Jose.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

More coverage than other Bb cream, and buildable. I wear Medium Plus (MAC NC30-35). Doesn't require powder,I only use powder if I want a matte finish. Blends into the skin easily, I use a foundation brush or a beautyblender.

on 2/22/2016 2:09:00 PM

I have this in medium. I don't like smell first. It is ok for every day use and if you have not probem with acne etc... If you are combination to oily like me, you must set powder and it will stay. I am sure that you can find better bb cream for this money.

on 2/5/2016 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Tried this a few times but it whitewashed my complexion. I'm very fair and I used the fair shade but once it was on my face for whatever reason it made me look sooo pasty. And the next shade up was not a good match for me either. It's also a pretty thick consistancy for a BB cream. I expect much more from a high end makeup line. Not worth the money.

on 2/3/2016 9:34:00 AM

The SPF on this is a great addition (I bought it for use overseas), but there is something in this formulation which makes my skin on my nose dry and peel if I use it every day :( Coverage is more than I expected from a BB cream, it applies pretty well and the finish is not too matte or flat (though can get a little cakey on dry areas and over enlarged pores). I will use this up (it's lasted for ages!) but I definitely won't repurchase.