MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

Filtered by age: 44-55
MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 11/2/2017 10:47:00 AM

I've already bought my second tube! It is fantastic for everyday use! I am a teacher and I live in Athens. Lots of sun even in winter and humidity. This BB protects my face (SPF35), has a great coverage for a bb cream and lasts long. At work I may be a lot under the sun or running up and down the stairs and most bb creams have failed me. Not this one.
I am light plus and wear it with my Mac Studio Fix powder on top which helps the cream last longer and gives some more coverage. I spray my face with Avene thermal water after applying the powder and my skin looks great and natural.

on 3/28/2015 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I wanted to like this as i have just recently "discovered" MAC". However while the coverage is what I would expect from a BB cream and the color, light was fine, it felt sticky. The nice salesperson gave me a sample to try at home. I used it for the second time today and even a few hours later, I just didn't like the way it felt. My skin is on the dryer side and somewhat sensitive. A plus is I did not have a bad reaction.

PROS: Works okay as a primer, which is one of the things MAC says it can be. A definitely dewy finish, even when worn under foundation. If you have a good setting powder and wanted to use this as a primer, it could work. More color choices now (6 or 7) than there used to be. I am N15 (more neutral), and light plus was pefect for me. SPF 35.

CONS: The other things, besides priming, that MAC says this can do is to be worn alone. I disagree, unless you already have practically perfect skin. It makes my acne scars, red marks, and the slightest dryness to my skin stand out so badly. And although it has 6 or 7 different colors now, that's still pretty limited, especially for tone (like cool/warm.) And although I actually like a more dewy finish, this comes off SO easily. I can't emphasize that enough. I've worn a lot of foundations, TMs, etc., that don't practically melt off just sitting still. The price is quite high for a BB. The packaging doesn't allow the bottle to be stored standing on its own (the top is rounded).

ALTERNATES: I tried this because their TM is now discontinued, and the new version won't be out until early April 2015. (By the way, a different SA told me they are not making a new version at all. So who knows?) But for a primer, the texture of this would be comparable to Monistat chafing gel, except it has color. And the Monistat only costs about $6. But my makeup didn't last longer, like it does with the Monistat; in fact, it ran/transferred off my face much quicker.

TheBalm TimeBalm tinted moisturizer, which is so kind to my wrinkles and pores and stays on much better than this.

APPLICATION TIPS: I used Covergirl Advanced Radiance Age-Defying powder (which is so kind to my wrinkles) after this product sets a bit to make it last longer.

on 2/10/2015 1:37:00 AM

Really disappointed with this product. I have dry skin and quite large pores on my nose and chin, which I always managed to cover quite well with Clinique foundations. But Clinique don't sell a shade light enough for my skin now so I went for this one. It just makes my pores look huge and just doesn't blend at all. I tried applying with a brush and with fingers but neither helped. I tried to put my Clinique Chubby Stick blusher on over it but it the BB cream just slid off! I definitely would not buy this one again. Shame as I love a lot of Mac products.

on 8/8/2014 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So from one oily gal to others, this is a no no product for us. It evaporates within an hour and it removes powder, bronzer, blush, or whatever on top. What you are left with is a grease pan. So disgusting! Having said that, I was really disappointed and do not recommend this. MAC, what just happened here?

I am 49, oily skin, large pores in t-zone, NW25. I decided to take a chance and change from my old standby MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus. I was looking for something to wear under my powder plus to cover my pores.

This product works very very well for making my pores less noticeable. I'm wearing this in Medium. It's a good match for my skin tone. I've been using Clarins sunless tanner on my face and Meduim matches my face now, and I'm certain it will with no tanner. The color is versatile in my opinion. It has a good 'range' of color.

I get a little oily during the day, nothing blotting papers won't fix. I'm not using the Powder Plus over this, I don't need to. It gives beautiful coverage, I use a wedge sponge.

I'm very pleased, and not being a huge fan of BB creams, this was a very welcomed surprise.

on 9/6/2013 1:33:00 PM

Very disappointed in this product. (I had such high hopes.) Made my skin look too chalky and washed out- no glow whatsoever. Flat. Scant coverage- did not cover blemishes or pores. The only good thing about it was that it did not settle in under eye lines or wrinkles. When they call it Prep + Prime, they really mean it. This isn't a good stand alone multi-tasker BB cream.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this BB cream from MAC. Last week, I got the Clarins BB cream and while I really like it, I do find it (the lightest shade they have) to be a bit dark for me. I wish I'd tried the MAC BB cream first. While the Clarins runs dark, MAC runs light and right now, they don't have any dark shades at all. I got a very generous sample in the shade "Light" and it is perfect. Coverage is excellent - light but still effective in covering up what needs a bit of "hiding" - and very natural looking but it makes my skin look so "enlivened". I just love the effect it gives. And this has a really pretty, pleasant scent as well. I think I may well purchase the full size of this to use now, and once summer hits and I'm a bit darker (even though I always wear sun protection), I'll use the Clarins BB to finish it up. But I think this MAC BB cream and the Tarte one (once it gets Canadian approval to make sun protection claims) are the best of all the ones I've tried and they will probably be my mainstay BB creams. If your skin is on the fairer side, do yourself a favour and at least give this a try.

on 2/3/2013 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Could this be better? I don't think so. After trying SO many I gave up on this whole concept and thought it was a marketing myth. I've tried. Bobbi Brown, EL, TF and Dr. Jart. This is the only one that looks like what I wanted, a TM with a high SPF. It is SPF35, that is darn high. I am NC25 and went with the golden Light Plus, still a bit light on me, but gives decent coverage that will even out your skin but not cover acne, etc. It feels great and supposedly has a primer built in, if that is possible. I have dry skin and it has enough moisture for me, and as I want for this as few steps as possible that is great. My skin is dry so don't need powder, stays on long, dewy type finish, and high SPF. Late to the game but worth the wait. Was told med. skin tones were coming out soon as I see many comments below about no match for higher than NC25. There will be a good six colors at least, and I find it absolutely offenisve to offer one color, or even two, Dr jart offers ONE, and it's gray.

on 1/4/2013 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is actually my first BB cream, I've wanted to try one for a long time but was concerned about oiliness, too glittery, etc., the MAC SA didn't try to sell me on this but I asked about it upon seeing it in their display and she thought I would like it. She was correct! I wanted something for my non full face days, i.e. weekends, days off, etc. I want to have some semblance of makeup on but don't want the full face look. This BB cream is perfect! I am NC 20 and use the Light Plus, it's almost too light but it provides a nice sheer coverage, although if you need to cover any serious redness it won't do it. I use this in conjunction with my blot powder in medium and it provides a nice finish. You can also use it under your foundation and it does help minimize the oilies. Highly recommend!!