MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

Filtered by age: 36-43
MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have nothing bad to say about this BB. Most of the time BB creams have been too dark, greasy or light coverage for me. I think I generally like something with light to medium coverage but something that looks like skin. This is literally the first BB cream I like. My skintype is dry on winter and a somewhat more combination on the summer. And the lightest shade is perfect for me. Another complexion makeup I like is the Bobbi Brown skin foundation and Bobbi Brown stick foundation, but those are more expensive than this one. I also like MAC face and body but I find that one a bit too sticky to feel and sometimes too sheer. This one blurs more than face and body. I really love this and I will repurchase.

on 9/9/2016 9:29:00 PM

Foundations just don't wow me anymore. They take too much time to apply, rarely ever look natural in sunlight and I finally realized my skin is good enough without all the cover. This BB cream goes on like a dream, evens my skin while still looking like skin and looks great all day. I love that I don't look heavily made up any longer. Pretty darn happy with this.

on 5/11/2016 9:34:00 AM

I use this as my go to holiday sun cream and foundation! it stays put during the hot days while giving my skin protection of spf 35, of an evening I apply again as my foundation, its handy to take on board the flight as it is less than 100ml and does two jobs in one product! I have normal to "thirsty" skin and I don't suffer any dry patches with this product, I apply with a foundation brush and it definitely evens out my skin tone, winner!

on 6/18/2015 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE the way this looks on my skin. I usually don't like BB creams because they are too greasy. The "BB cream" moniker has become so trendy that every brand has one, and it may even become passe due to some companies developing "CC creams" and even "DD creams." These tinted moisturizers have more antioxidants, higher SPF factors, and sometimes other benefits, but they are still TMs. This is one of the best I've tried.

PROS:

Natural-looking. Light Plus is my perfect shade and people compliment my skin when I wear this, so apparently it doesn't look like makeup. And my skin is not perfect!

The tube packaging is my favorite for travel.

The SPF 35 is part titanium dioxide. My sensitive skin needs mineral sunscreens. (Unfortunately it's not purely mineral.)

I like the amount of coverage; it's enough that I can use it instead of foundation.

The price is $30 versus the higher prices I normally pay for department store foundation.

Does not fade or get oily and lasts for several hours (my skin type is combination, not super oily)

Does not break me out.

Contains sodium hyaluronate which fills in fine lines and makes your skin look smoother. I look for this ingredient now.

Fragrance free

CONS:

Some of the active SPF ingredients are chemical in addition to mineral. I wish it didn't have oxybenzone in it. Mineral sunscreens are the safest for sensitive skin.

It doesn't have the coverage of Hourglass Immaculate Powder Foundation or Le Metier de Beaute Classic Flawless Finish foundation. But the coverage is great for a tinted moisturizer.

It is really best for normal to oily skin, or skin that is slightly dry. It happens to look great on me with my combination skin, but there is a tendency to market products to all skin types and that simply isn't realistic.

Tip: no need to use a primer- this IS your primer. It performs best on bare skin as your first layer, if not your only layer.

Never been a fan of BB creams, nothing ever impressed me but I got a sample of this one and it works beautifully on my skin. I do have to moisturize a little more before applying it cause it is a little more matte than I expected, but the end result is even, natural, skin but better coverage. Great product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a sample of this a few months ago and it has lasted forever! I think I'm ready to purchase the full size after being consistently impressed with this product. Pros: SPF is fairly high, the color matches my skin after the original "zombie" look of BB creams, and the packaging is great. Cons: you have to really exfoliate your skin well to make this BB work. It looks patchy and uneven if you don't. Also, you will have a whitish "zombie" look initially, but for whatever reason, the product darkens after about 10 minutes to a nice, flat finish.

EDIT: After using this a week, I found that it really dried my skin. There were patchy areas on my cheeks and I could never get it fully blended into my skin, despite the fact that I exfoliated first. I returned this BB cream.

on 9/28/2013 3:17:00 PM

i have read about bb creams a lot and never had tried them before
so i went and bought the MAC bb cream for i have read good reviews about it
actually i hated it from the first use it made my skin look rough dull the price was very high but there was one thing i liked about it which is the packaging which wont help my face

on 9/21/2013 12:12:00 PM

Sorry to give this a poor review but I'm doing it for a specific reason - the makeupandbeautyblog.com blogger Karen did a review of this product and she showed a close up of the ingredients (thank you Karen!) and this has Wheat and Barley in it! I was really excited to try this but I have Celiac disease, and cannot tolerate gluten, which is a protein found in Wheat, Rye and Barley. I'll try to start listing as many things as possible that do have gluten and perhaps that will be of help to other ladies (or men too) that can't have gluten for whatever reason. I know there are a lot of other blogs out there that try to list cosmetics that either do or don't have it in it, but a lot of those sites aren't regularly updated or they have obscure brands that can only be purchased online and I'd rather just try to find something at a local store I can use and pay cash$money for and not use my credit card online....I digress. Sorry to be the bearer of the 1* for this, generally a fan of MAC, but thought inquiring gluten free minds might like to know.

This product is difficult to spread and blend. After applying it seemed to fade quickly giving uneven coverage

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Do not use this if you have enlarged pores!!! After reading such good reviews I had hoped for a little more than this product delivers. The texture is nice when applying, but immediately it just sits in my pores. I thought it would even out my complexion and act like a 'primer' therefore hiding enlarged pores!!! It is called "prep and prime" after all.